Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to maybe get rid of my 610-4 and upgrading to an Evo. But I'm kind of in a first world problem situation. I either get a new evo 640, Or keep my current 610 and get a 991.2 Turbo S or 720s. Or get rid of the 610 and wait for an F8 to be come available. I could get an Evo and still get a Turbo S or 720s but after just dropping 350k on a boat this year I'm not sure I want to keep putting that much in a depreciating asset.

Another question, what kind of pricing are you guys getting/seeing on ordering an Evo? My dealer wants me to make an offer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went from an extremely well equipped 2018 LP580-2 to the EVO 640-4 and very much enjoy the upgrade. The car feels very different with the 4 wheel steering and the exhaust note is divine. Just make sure you get one without the BASE stereo, as it truly sucks...

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,239 Posts
Good luck with a solution to your exceptionally good problem. Did you buy 610-4 new? Year? If you are selling the car (back) to the dealership expect them to offer you 70% +/- off of what they will turn around and sell it for. Sell it privately if at all possible.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with a solution to your exceptionally good problem. Did you buy 610-4 new? Year? If you are selling the car (back) to the dealership expect them to offer you 70% +/- off of what they will turn around and sell it for. Sell it privately if at all possible.
Yea I did buy it form them new in '17 but it was a left over '15 that they couldn't sell and I got a hell of a deal on it. 300k sticker, bought it for 225k. So I'm not sure I'll get a great deal this time around but it is new ownership at the dealership so who knows, I was thinking try for 10% off but that might be a stretch on an ordered vehicle. Even has the extra 2 year warranty option added to it so there is still almost 2 years left in the Lambo warranty. I did have the factory race exhaust put on it and that is the only thing done to it other than the ceramic coating and ppf.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea I did buy it form them new in '17 but it was a left over '15 that they couldn't sell and I got a hell of a deal on it. 300k sticker, bought it for 225k. So I'm not sure I'll get a great deal this time around but it is new ownership at the dealership so who knows. Even has the extra 2 year warranty option added to it so there is still almost 2 years left in the Lambo warranty. I did have the factory race exhaust put on it and that is the only thing done to it other than the ceramic coating and ppf.
Given how little inventory is out there right now I wouldn't hope for much of a deal unless the car has been there a LONG time. That said, when I snagged mine in Feb from Lambo Dallas I got about 10% off sticker.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,239 Posts
Yea I did buy it form them new in '17 but it was a left over '15 that they couldn't sell and I got a hell of a deal on it. 300k sticker, bought it for 225k. So I'm not sure I'll get a great deal this time around but it is new ownership at the dealership so who knows, I was thinking try for 10% off but that might be a stretch on an ordered vehicle. Even has the extra 2 year warranty option added to it so there is still almost 2 years left in the Lambo warranty. I did have the factory race exhaust put on it and that is the only thing done to it other than the ceramic coating and ppf.
Good luck selling your Huracan back to the dealership those sales people have more excuses than a criminal going to jail when it comes time to make an offer........high mileage, weak market (or so they claim), etc.
Those upgrades are nice but not I doubt that will result in much more money back to you when the dealership is buying the car. Post your car on the forum......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Both F8 and Evo are amazing cars. Soundwise EVO is considerable superior. Handling and steeringwise F8 is truly amazing.

I'd get both of them :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Mclaren are POS. Just read the forums and you’ll see all the issues. Not to mention Mclaren on the verge of bankruptcy (selling off their HQ). Avoid them at all costs.
I have 27,000 miles on mine and no problems
Lets face it, all car manufacturers have challenges(yes,even Lamborghini)
My suggestion is to get off the boards for real life experiences. Those that are posting on the internet about their “problems” don’t always tell the whole story. To call a whole marque a POS is baseless and ignorant

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’ve had mclaren, turbo s etc rtc

only turbo modern car I’ve stuck with is my amg gtr which is an animal and also a sensory overload for forced induction

otherwise lambo, just traded perf for new evorwd and rwd answers all the complaints I had from the awd with dynamic steering and adaptive suspension which I didn’t love.

the rwd is pure , same engine/titanium components exhaust same volume/sound and intake induction as perf

it’s a winner

the 720, turbo s are snooze fests For me, fast but boooorrringggggg

haven’t driven f8 but I’d probfeel same way

go drive an amg gtr or gtr pro if you want a turbo car, the steering is so heavy and connected, engine feel and sound, bangs snarls pops , best turbo platform for me in terms of character , chassis feel, it’s really stiff and rigid however !

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have 27,000 miles on mine and no problems
Lets face it, all car manufacturers have challenges(yes,even Lamborghini)
My suggestion is to get off the boards for real life experiences. Those that are posting on the internet about their “problems” don’t always tell the whole story. To call a whole marque a POS is baseless and ignorant
LOL, don’t shoot the messenger. I speak from experience. I owned one. It was lemoned.

Other brands may have issues as well, just that the odds are MUCH MUCH higher with Mclaren.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recently traded my 610-4 for a 720S. Both amazing cars. Initially made an offer on a performante but lost so ended up with a 720S.

OP, I would let the regular huracan go. If it were a performante, I would have added myself no doubt. Your depreciation/usage cost should be less than 50k for 3 years. That’s too awesome! Trade up while the use market is a little stronger.

Older mclarens definitely had their share of issues on older models. Haven’t heard of any major complaints from the 600/720s owners.

Mclaren selling the Hq, while somewhat disturbing, isn’t all that uncommon for companies to free up capital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
That’s a little too high imo; 30% markup to sell. Most exotic dealers I’ve worked with been fair with trade value. My dealers have been around 10%, highest I’ve seen was almost 20%. I’m sure there are some bad dealers out there tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,239 Posts
Most exotic dealers I’ve worked with been fair with trade value.
Great, though, I cannot say I have even remotely seen that but good for you; you clearly have been very fortunate.(y)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Once you drive the 720 you will know the answer
It’s in a different galaxy
I suggest driving the 720 as well. I owned a 650s for over a year and while a great car, I always felt there was an emotional element lacking. The 720 feels the same way when I drove it. Amazing car, but a bit numb feeling. I also drove the 675 and 600 LT multiple times extensively when cross shopping with the Perf. The LT cars are definitely more emotional and loved them both. However, for me, the Perf was in another galaxy in terms of the emotional feel and overall experience. The Evo is similar to the Perf so I would suggest you drive them all and you will quickly know what you want.

Having multiple cars that serve different purposes is also a lot of fun but until you drive them yourself you won’t know what is the best direction to go in.

Reactions: iLLSE and topcarbon

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,605 Posts
If I couldn't have an EVO I would buy the F8 in a heartbeat! Fast, beautiful and priced well. In fact I think it is the best looking Ferrari to date.

Reactions: Ash and blb078

·
Registered
90 Posts
I suggest driving the 720 as well. I owned a 650s for over a year and while a great car, I always felt there was an emotional element lacking. The 720 feels the same way when I drove it. Amazing car, but a bit numb feeling. I also drove the 675 and 600 LT multiple times extensively when cross shopping with the Perf. The LT cars are definitely more emotional and loved them both. However, for me, the Perf was in another galaxy in terms of the emotional feel and overall experience. The Evo is similar to the Perf so I would suggest you drive them all and you will quickly know what you want.

Having multiple cars that serve different purposes is also a lot of fun but until you drive them yourself you won’t know what is the best direction to go in.
I love that we all have the means and options for each other’s personal desires/preference. It’s very interesting reading the comments actually

I agree with the perf/evo comments even my older Superleggera, lp570 perfI always had one as a fixture in garage next to whatever modern car I had (mclaren turbo s amg gt ferrari) as it was always the most emotional connective car for me.

I use to want the fastest and “best but they were always lacking the best in emotion for me.
If I couldn't have an EVO I would buy the F8 in a heartbeat! Fast, beautiful and priced well. In fact I think it is the best looking Ferrari to date.
And this Is interesting also, to me I think f8 looks horrible and interior so cheap lol

But again it’s great there are all these options for each other!

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,239 Posts
And this Is interesting also, to me I think f8 looks horrible and interior so cheap lol
I feel the same way about the Ferrari interior, I just don’t like the look. The interior just looks dated.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts