Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on my EVO delivery and am beyond excited.

With that said, I'm likely going to let my GT3 go as I only put 1,000 miles a year on it as it is and that will drop even lower when the EVO comes. Plus I feel like the EVO and GT3 fill a similar role (I won't be tracking, just spirited weekend drives).

Financially I can keep both, but it seems silly. The entire rational side of my brain says to just sell the GT and move on, whereas the emotional side says I'll regret it. Especially with the used market being where it is right now, logic says this is the time to move on.

Anyone enter the Huracan (EVO especially) world coming from a GT car? Did you find they still complimented each other or was the GT3 out of sight out of mind once the Bull arrived?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I sold my 19'GT3 last month and ordered a 22' EVO RWD. So I can't compare the 2, but I was worried I'd miss the GT3, tbh I don't ever think about it. Too many other things going on in life for me personally to fixate on it. At the end of the day for me it's a car, it served it's purpose and life moves on. Best of luck in your ventures.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I sold my 911 Turbo S for a Viola Parsifae Performante Spyder and never looked back. Last year I needed another daily driver so picked up a 911 Turbo Cab. After about 6mos I sold that for a 2021 R8 Spyder. The 911s were supremely fast and competent, just never got excited about driving them. The R8 was an amazing car but I then realized I’d rather have an EVO so I just traded that. Now my problem is I need another daily driver so I’m back to square 1. Go figure!

Reactions: azzurri

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I loved my 991 GT3 after dailying it for over 2 years. It handled like a gokart, sounded amazing and was appreciated by true car cognoscenti.

I visited my friends who work at the Mercedes and BMW dealers and the employees there were salivating as they knew what the GT3 moniker represents and how capable the car is.

That being said the GT3 doesn't compared to the Huracan. One is a sports car the other is a super car. Owning and daily driving the H is a far more rewarding experience for me.

There are so many 911 iterations running around the streets here that even seeing an Ultra Violet RS and my friend's Carmine Red GT2 RS around my neighborhood is just Meh.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
Yes, had both a new 2019 GT3-RS and 2018 GT2-RS and hands down the EVO checks all the boxes, and I have never looked back. TBH, the GT3-RS was all show and no go.....couldn't wait to sell it. I am sticking with Lamborghini.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the replies. Especially since I'm sure this topic is beat to death.

You're helping my rational brain overcome my emotional brain.

Thinking that pairing the EVO with something like a Spyder would be a much better combination.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts

Thinking that pairing the EVO with something like a Spyder would be a much better combination.
What is the ETA of your EVO?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
I loved my 991 GT3 after dailying it for over 2 years. It handled like a gokart, sounded amazing and was appreciated by true car cognoscenti.

I visited my friends who work at the Mercedes and BMW dealers and the employees there were salivating as they knew what the GT3 moniker represents and how capable the car is.

That being said the GT3 doesn't compared to the Huracan. One is a sports car the other is a super car. Owning and daily driving the H is a far more rewarding experience for me.

There are so many 911 iterations running around the streets here that even seeing an Ultra Violet RS and my friend's Carmine Red GT2 RS around my neighborhood is just Meh.
I left the brand in 2008 when I bought my first Lamborghini and I never looked back. I had Porsche's most of my life and absolutely loved them all. But just as Surfah mentions above "One is a sports car the other is a super car." "There are so many 911 iterations running around the streets here that even seeing an Ultra Violet RS and my friend's Carmine Red GT2 RS around my neighborhood is just Meh."

They just didn't seem special anymore, like in the old days. I see women driving Porsche's more than men and it disgust me when they park at Wholefoods and squeeze between 2 cars with no care of respect for the car. It is a shame. I still like the brand and the 2022 911 GT3 in Shark Blue is a bit tempting at$163,000.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
I would not give up the power and sound of my EVO for a GT3 when even the 3RS I had was soooooooooo boring.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

I think Boxster's are hairdressers' cars but the Spyder checks a different box and may complement your EVO more than your GT3 with open top motoring and mid-engine layout.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
If you do sell your GT3 it's a great time to do so.......sell into inflation is the mantra.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
^GT3 in the stable totally makes sense if the owner tracks and/or wants the manual transmission.

Miami Blue Touring looks tits.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had GT 3 and don't miss it one bit.

I am not sure that is MB, looks more like Voodoo. I had one and that is one reason I went with Blu Le Mans, Lambo. Both Voodoo and Blu Le Mans almost the same.

Whatever the color looks GREAT.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 07/02/2021)
24 Posts
I had a GT3 for four years, but haven’t missed it either. It lacked low end torque/grunt. Traded it in on a TT that I ordered/built like a real sports car… Haven’t looked back. I’d consider another GT3, but only if I go back to a manual.
Looking forward to the EVO!
Cheers/B

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,244 Posts
I would not give up the power and sound of my EVO for a GT3 when even the 3RS I had was soooooooooo boring.
I agree...I good friend owns a 2018 GT3-R3. We swap cars on occasions when we are on long drives. It is very well built but feels so slow and boring on the street compared to the Performante ( even when it was stock ). Im sure it would be a fun track car though?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The 991 GT3 is only fun when you are wringing out the engine above 5000 rpm. At lower revs its kind of mundane. Which meant I was always driving around in 2nd and 3rd gear.
The Huracan definitely has more low end grunt while maintaining the linear throttle response of a naturally aspirated engine.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
I agree...I good friend owns a 2018 GT3-R3. We swap cars on occasions when we are on long drives. It is very well built but feels so slow and boring on the street compared to the Performante ( even when it was stock ). Im sure it would be a fun track car though?
You know that was my first GT car and I had high expectations but it never delivered. Both the sound and the power were, well, ho-hum. Porsche waxed lyrical about the 9000rpm nirvana but it took forever to get there but in the end there was no payoff that one can reap after that protracted wait.
Though, as a track car it is well proven but alas I have no interest in tracking........I guess I chose poorly.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts