Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember the problems i had with excessive oil consumption. WELL, after the engine was opened up they discovered one of the cylinders had a crack! I saw the photos of the crack and that was what caused the excessive oil burning... Anyways no questions asked i was told i was getting a totally new engine, to which they added a new clutch (don't know why but it was a bit consumed they said). Total more or less 20k euros for the engine plus 52 hours work. :eek:
New engine has 2000kms now and tunning good...not tested top speed yet but i guess it has to settle in before achieving top performance...

AH! One question: i had to change rear tires at about 7000kms (running standard p-zero rosso) what is your experience??

cheers!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This is strange (and informative) because when Wayne Skiles -GForce...Turbo Wayne, showed pics of his cylinders they didn;t look very good either!!! He wrote a letter but I never saw any responce or feedback.

I hope these are very isolated problems and not indemic!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I never saw the orignal pictures, where can I see them?

How many miles on the gal when the motor was pulled? How long did it take from the isolating of the problem to new motor and back on the road?

Thank you

Shadowman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car had about 7000kms when the engine was pulled out...
When they opened up the cylinders to when they installed a new engine which came from the factory about 1 week and a half.
cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
gallardo301004 said:
Car had about 7000kms when the engine was pulled out...
When they opened up the cylinders to when they installed a new engine which came from the factory about 1 week and a half.
cheers

Thank you for the update.

I feel certain all be will be fine now.....

Take care

Shadowman

·
Registered
188 Posts
scored engine block

ltadmin said:
This is strange (and informative) because when Wayne Skiles -GForce...Turbo Wayne, showed pics of his cylinders they didn;t look very good either!!! He wrote a letter but I never saw any responce or feedback.

I hope these are very isolated problems and not indemic!

here are some photos

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Holy **** this doesn't look like it should...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts