Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I just bought a 2004 gated manual Gallardo. Now the Murcie will have her baby sister. I am really excited since it needs a little work. I have been really bored waiting on the Jalpa machine work. It is silver but I plan to wrap in verde ithaca. The Murcie is so perfect , I am leaving all original. However since this one needs some work why not twin turbos. That would be a blast to have a manual tire melter. I understand the Gs take turbos very well.

·
Registered
2013 Super G
237 Posts
Hey Lee, that sounds awesome! Gated is a beautiful thing. What work needs to be done? Other than maybe a clutch, the TT set ups are quite well tolerated, and I'm happy to live vacaeiously through you!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello Lee,

Been following along and I think (we) know the story of the car. It would be a real service to the forum members to post as you go through your experience. It sounds like the car is in super good hands and will be nothing short of awesome when you've completed your project.

William

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
LeeT, you are awesome. You'll love the Gallardo and what looks like relatively minor repairs to do. Perfect track/fun car to rack up miles on. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,865 Posts
Lee, it sounds like you got that one the guy posted that needed some work on the front end? What a perfect project for you, good luck! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I think I just peed a little..... Excited for your new thread Lee!

Your purchases and projects are exactly what I would love to be doing.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,556 Posts
Congratulations on the new adventure! Hopefully the project will be all blue skies and clear sailing.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys. It is the one with minor front end damage. Clean title. Runs great 15 K Miles. Fortunately , I can do pretty advanced body work so dont see any problems. I am thinking convert to Verde Ithaca and maybe twin turbo just to add to the fun. I will do all the fab work on the headers and turbo manifolds ,etc myself if I go that route. I have been going stir crazy waiting on the Jalpa machine work and parts. I wonder if I can make a G go 300MPH. There is a Ford Gt here that has the record in the texas mile .Right at 300mph. Just because ford beat the italians one time does not mean they own the roost with GT. It will be fun anyway. Lee

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
240 Posts
Thanks Guys. It is the one with minor front end damage. Clean title. Runs great 15 K Miles. Fortunately , I can do pretty advanced body work so dont see any problems. I am thinking convert to Verde Ithaca and maybe twin turbo just to add to the fun. I will do all the fab work on the headers and turbo manifolds ,etc myself if I go that route. I have been going stir crazy waiting on the Jalpa machine work and parts. I wonder if I can make a G go 300MPH. There is a Ford Gt here that has the record in the texas mile .Right at 300mph. Just because ford beat the italians one time does not mean they own the roost with GT. It will be fun anyway. Lee
Hey, don't try to piggyback DFW onto H-town😛 The Texas Mile FGT belongs to M2K Motorsports down here. Good bunch of guys. I get all my work done on my GT there. Taking their title is going to be a tall order!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yea I know. I love the Texas Mile. Houston is where all my cousins live. I actually really like the Houston Vibe. It just seems no one has gotten even close to their GT. I love extreme challenges and radical motors.PS You ever been to Bonneville. It is amazing.

·
Premium Member
6,556 Posts
The Texas mile is something I would like to do. I am a flat-out top speed kind of addict.

·
Registered
2013 Super G
237 Posts
Bonehead, formal welcome from yours truly... Boneguy!

·
Premium Member
6,556 Posts

I have to ask are you guys related? Brothers from another mother?

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Texas mile is something I would like to do. I am a flat-out top speed kind of addict.
Where do you live? I've done a few 1/2 mile events. Haven't done the TX Mile. One thing that prevents me from going is I hear it's more waiting around than actual driving. One, two, maybe three runs in a day.

Ha! Thanks! What's your bone connection? Ortho? Chiro?

I have to ask are you guys related? Brothers from another mother?
Not that I know of🤔

·
Registered
2013 Super G
237 Posts
I guess I can't say for sure... My father was known to "get around" back in the day haha

But I will say that great minds clearly think alike!

·
Premium Member
6,556 Posts
Where do you live? I've done a few 1/2 mile events. Haven't done the TX Mile. One thing that prevents me from going is I hear it's more waiting around than actual driving. One, two, maybe three runs in a day.
I am in Georgetown outside of Austin. If waiting around is involved that would be a complete turnoff.

But I will say that great minds clearly think alike!

Bonetastic!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am in Georgetown outside of Austin. If waiting around is involved that would be a complete turnoff.

Bonetastic!
Another Texan! The Shift S3ctor guys that run the 1/2 mile events in California (where I used to live) are hosting their first event in Texas later this year in Hondo. They run a great event, but this one may be a bit too far for me. South Texas Airstrip Attack – Airstrip Attack

Ortho. My business partner is a chiro... So good guessing. You?
Oh man. Maybe we are related. I'm ortho as well. What's your specialty? I'm mostly shoulder/upper extremity but do knee scopes and ACL's.

·
Premium Member
6,556 Posts
The South Texas Airstrip sounds good but that is about a 400 mile round trip for me. I am hoping if, and when, I join the Lamborghini Club that they could maybe work out a deal with a small local airport for an event as they do in Europe at times.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts