Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, anyone heard much about the new Aventador SJ Edition?

Apparently it will debut June/July in Europe first, with the factory taking orders by the end of the year.

All I know thus far is that it’s likely to be the final tribute to the V12 (which would make highly collectible imho) and feature a new interior probably similar to the Hurrican.

Will be truly sad to see the V12 go after this, so I hope they give the exterior some extra tweaks to make this final iteration extra special!!.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If that's true then the "SJ" name surely seems like a step down from the SVJ (sounds more like an upgraded Aventador S), not too thrilled about that naming decision. But hey, a new interior design is long overdue. I really hope we also get the Huracan flip switch (also used in the Sian) as well as the more updated Huracan center steering wheel design.

If this car won't have a GPF it will truly be the last of the last pure V12.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,499 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Hello all, anyone heard much about the new Aventador SJ Edition?

Apparently it will debut June/July in Europe first, with the factory taking orders by the end of the year.

All I know thus far is that it’s likely to be the final tribute to the V12 (which would make highly collectible imho) and feature a new interior probably similar to the Hurrican.

Will be truly sad to see the V12 go after this, so I hope they give the exterior some extra tweaks to make this final iteration extra special!!.
I don't know the name but the "final edition" Aventador is happening. I was told it'll be shown at Quail/Car Week

The production number I've heard is around 150 cars BUT if the Aventador replacement is still 2 years away I wouldn't be shocked if they produce around 500.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yup, SJ is coming out as the new model. Had a look at the PDF they sent dealers, not much in there and looks like they're trying to clear out their parts bin. Basically parts bin special. Dealer demos arrive end of the year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup, SJ is coming out as the new model. Had a look at the PDF they sent dealers, not much in there and looks like they're trying to clear out their parts bin. Basically parts bin special. Dealer demos arrive end of the year.
So the Countach Tribute will still be on the May 18th Event? And later the new version of the Aventador?

·
Registered
143 Posts
When you say parts bin special, are they grabbing parts from the SVJ bin or just sprucing up the S a bit?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
SJ has no wing, no aero and they'll be around 7-8 market intro specs. No new colours, basically white, matte white, blue, red and matte grey. The SJ is basically a refreshed Aventador S and the SVJ is the basically the track version of the S.

And what I meant by a parts bin special is I didn't see any new options on the market intro spec PDF. There's no new rims for the SJ, basically you can pick from the two SVJ wheels or the SV dianthus wheel. They had an option for a livery package. It'll be interesting to see if they add a touchscreen similar to the Sian but knowing Lamborghini they probably won't.

I believe the green test mule picture floating around is the SJ.

·
Registered
560 Posts
SJ has no wing, no aero and they'll be around 7-8 market intro specs. No new colours, basically white, matte white, blue, red and matte grey. The SJ is basically a refreshed Aventador S and the SVJ is the basically the track version of the S.

And what I meant by a parts bin special is I didn't see any new options on the market intro spec PDF. There's no new rims for the SJ, basically you can pick from the two SVJ wheels or the SV dianthus wheel. They had an option for a livery package. It'll be interesting to see if they add a touchscreen similar to the Sian but knowing Lamborghini they probably won't.

I believe the green test mule picture floating around is the SJ.
The SJ doesn't sound as exciting as the Countach tribute.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts