Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I love the look of black! When I get tired of mine I will wrap it in Black. Are the Calipers and interior Verde Fauns?
I will have to check on the exact color of the green and get back to you on that one.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was excited about the EVO but the model was also a lot of fun to receive........cool desk art!
The car model is a very neat addition. I am glad I bought from a local dealer here. I wanted to develop a relationship with the dealership so if things come up there are people I know who can help and I think it makes things easier to get into new or more limited models in the future.

On a similar topic, the sales advisor had a pretty large lego of a Lamborghini in his office. I’m now considering buying it but he said it had over 4K pieces so that’s a daunting pastime COVID or no. Will have to see how long this will last or maybe talk my son into leaving his beloved video games for long enough to put it together.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
The car model is a very neat addition. I am glad I bought from a local dealer here. I wanted to develop a relationship with the dealership so if things come up there are people I know who can help and I think it makes things easier to get into new or more limited models in the future.

On a similar topic, the sales advisor had a pretty large lego of a Lamborghini in his office. I’m now considering buying it but he said it had over 4K pieces so that’s a daunting pastime COVID or no. Will have to see how long this will last or maybe talk my son into leaving his beloved video games for long enough to put it together.
I agree establishing relationships with these high end sport car dealerships pays off especially if they are local to you. I had to go out of state because I had zero luck with the Texas Lamborghini dealerships. My relationship did help to some degree with Porsche but I doubt I would ever buy another one especially after having experienced a Lamborghini.........once you have had a Lamborghini there is no going back! ;)
The Lego model sounds so cool but the younger generation is not into "low tech" toys. My friend, you would have to incentivize your son..........what does he value most?:giggle:

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I agree establishing relationships with these high end sport car dealerships pays off especially if they are local to you. I had to go out of state because I had zero luck with the Texas Lamborghini dealerships. My relationship did help to some degree with Porsche but I doubt I would ever buy another one especially after having experienced a Lamborghini.........once you have had a Lamborghini there is no going back! ;)
The Lego model sounds so cool but the younger generation is not into "low tech" toys. My friend, you would have to incentivize your son..........what does he value most?:giggle:
That’s an easy question. Screen time on just about anything. Lol.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So I have some initial impressions of the car so far. The car feels very stable. The look out of the cockpit is amazing. I feel like I have 180° view which is better than any of my cars. The view out the front windshield shows only the road. You cannot see the hood at all and it gives me the impression of nothing in front of me. No car or anything. It is quite an exciting way to drive. The steering is precise and very nimble. The feel of the steering wheel firms up and becomes more sensitive at speed. Initially, this took a little bit of getting used to on corner in. However, with a little bit of seat time, I’m sure this will become intuitive and completely subconscious.

The car is quick. Very quick. I recommend driving in sport mode. The street Mode is really great for trying to fly under the radar. The car becomes much quieter and the shifts are less quick and it’s great just for cruising along. However, the car wakes up tremendously when you put it into sport mode. That continues on with the race mode and for me, is quite exciting.

The car is firm on the road and the ride is good. I would not say it is overly firm. As mentioned before, I came from a late model Porsche turbo S and I believe that car was much firmer in ride than this car. That said, it is no Mercedes. You definitely feel the road in this car and the driver feedback is excellent. I like the word nimble to describe the handling characteristics of the car and I believe that the tires that came with the car are a good match for the cars ability. I have just been cruising along with it so far and not done anything tor dramatic. I am always surprised at how quick this car is and it takes a lot of restraint to keep the speed down to a reasonable speed. This car is just so fast and has horsepower for days.

The exhaust note is one of the key highlights. I really love the sound of the engine and wouldn’t mind even a bit more. However, I believe the car will open up and breathe more freely after a few thousand miles and I expect the car to get louder over time as has happened with all cars that I had whether I’ve replaced the exhaust or not.

With regard to the sound system, my car came equipped with Lamborghini’s version of their high-end sound system. My initial response was that this was a huge upgrade when compared to the Burmeister Sound system of the Porsche. That is not to say that I do not like Burmeister, because I have that same sound system in our Mercedes S class and that is got to be the best stock Soundsystem I have heard to date. The one I had in the Porsche was just awful. That said, today was more of a revelation. The sound of that was very nice when I took a brief drive with my wife and it seem like the speakers were starting to loosen up and come into their own. I know that this will take some time but that was my impression. More to follow as the journey continues and hopefully this is helpful to some of you guys out there deciding on what you would like to get.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
@Turbo Racer, thanks for your initial impressions and I agree with mostly all your comments. The only thing I cannot comment on is the Sensonum having never had an opportunity to experience it but maybe sometime in the not to distant future I will have an opportunity to compare and contrast it with the base stereo.
As more of us take ownership of the EVO and put it through it's paces I feel we will get a more reliable picture of what the car can and cannot do. Unfortunately, the YouTubers/influencers are not for the most part, all that reliable when it comes to their reviews, and in fact, they are more shills or cheer leaders than objective sources of credible information.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@Turbo Racer, thanks for your initial impressions and I agree with mostly all your comments. The only thing I cannot comment on is the Sensonum having never had an opportunity to experience it but maybe sometime in the not to distant future I will have an opportunity to compare and contrast it with the base stereo.
As more of us take ownership of the EVO and put it through it's paces I feel we will get a more reliable picture of what the car can and cannot do. Unfortunately, the YouTubers/influencers are not for the most part, all that reliable when it comes to their reviews, and in fact, they are more shills or cheer leaders than objective sources of credible information.
I agree on the influencers. They are looking for hits on their site and by hook or by crook that is what drives many of them. I enjoy reading genuine and viewing genuine reviews and impressions about the cars. I am looking forward for another canyon drive today and will give more updates on it as I go along. There is a nice review on YouTube about the car and it is a beautiful blue one with a reviewer who seems pretty decent.

ALSO, OVER ON Ferrari Chat there is a discussion about the F8 vs. the EVO and there is a pretty good discussion.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
I agree on the influencers. They are looking for hits on their site and by hook or by crook that is what drives many of them. I enjoy reading genuine and viewing genuine reviews and impressions about the cars. I am looking forward for another canyon drive today and will give more updates on it as I go along. There is a nice review on YouTube about the car and it is a beautiful blue one with a reviewer who seems pretty decent.

ALSO, OVER ON Ferrari Chat there is a discussion about the F8 vs. the EVO and there is a pretty good discussion.

Thanks my friend I will check out both the video and the Ferrari-Chat link. I know the Ferrari is a great brand but I just can't get over the dated look to the interior.....interested in reading their prospective on the EVO. The updates, as we each contribute, will present a more complete and honest appraisal of the EVO. So far, I know you and I, and several others to include Russ and @Blu Bull are impressed and like what we see and that is unlikely to change in a substantive way. With more input though, we will gain a better understanding of the subtleties and nuances of this relatively new and fun mechanical creation! ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Great overall review but I personally feel if they equipped the EVO with Lane Change Assist and added infotainment controls on the steering wheel, they would make a great car even better. Goodness that engine sound when Harry fires it up is something all of us can relate to…….sublime. I also drive in Sport mostly and Corsa to a lesser extent, and rarely use the Strada mode. I especially like the raw feel to the kick as you down shift which creates a complete and enveloping experience. To sum up the EVO, the sound, the sound, oh the sound……….big smile!

Oh Lord Harry broke a bottle of Cognac in the boot????? o_O Then Depression set in!!!!

The F-Chat discussion is spot on I especially like the review by Coincid.

“Within a few moments of driving the EVO RWD, I was stunned at the dramatic difference of this car to the EVO AWD. While the AWD was extremely capable, fast, with precise handling and tenacious grip, it is in essence a tamer Performante. The RWD is a completely different animal.”

“ The RWD is all about thrills, and excitement. Driving it with gusto is invigorating , exhilarating and adrenaline inducing. There is the absence of adaptive dampers, LDS and the brakes are steel. Yet, the suspension, which is firm, provides tactile feedback to allow the driver to experience exactly what the road surface has to offer. The braking is linear, smoothly modulating to the driver's command. The steering, at higher speeds ,is direct and uncannily weighted so that it is neither heavy nor too light. Point the car in the intended direction and it will obey like a military trained German Shepherd. And then there is the SOUND. It has gravitas, plays at high SPLs with a baritone authority. It is an aural symphony with a mellifluous sound unmatched by any other current car.”

QED, not much else one can say!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,415 Posts
Great review from Fchat. I love this part in his comments on the EVO RWD.

"As for sound volume, imagine a potentiometer that controls sound pressure levels with demarkations from 0-10 ( being the loudest). The 720S would be a 3. the F8 a 6. The EVO RWD is an 11. But the overwheling glory of this car is the fun factor. It is so supremely engaging and compelling , that it takes the driving experience to an exalted level. Hairs on the back of your neck will stand at attention and goose bumps will trickle down the spine as you gasp for breath and an ear to ear grin appears on your face."

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I really like pushing my cars to near their limits and the AWD on my R8's and Huracan 610 allowed me to do that more safely, all had superchargers so had the kind of power that could get you in a mess easily. I bought my 488 to see how RWD compared, car was very fast and fun but found I could not get as close to cars limits and still feel safe. Car broke loose so easily especially when temps went below 50, which would be often in spring/fall drives. So I'm really happy to be back in an AWD that makes me feel like a professional driver :)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Great overall review but I personally feel if they equipped the EVO with Lane Change Assist and added infotainment controls on the steering wheel, they would make a great car even better. Goodness that engine sound when Harry fires it up is something all of us can relate to…….sublime. I also drive in Sport mostly and Corsa to a lesser extent, and rarely use the Strada mode. I especially like the raw feel to the kick as you down shift which creates a complete and enveloping experience. To sum up the EVO, the sound, the sound, oh the sound……….big smile!

Oh Lord Harry broke a bottle of Cognac in the boot????? o_O Then Depression set in!!!!

The F-Chat discussion is spot on I especially like the review by Coincid.

“Within a few moments of driving the EVO RWD, I was stunned at the dramatic difference of this car to the EVO AWD. While the AWD was extremely capable, fast, with precise handling and tenacious grip, it is in essence a tamer Performante. The RWD is a completely different animal.”

“ The RWD is all about thrills, and excitement. Driving it with gusto is invigorating , exhilarating and adrenaline inducing. There is the absence of adaptive dampers, LDS and the brakes are steel. Yet, the suspension, which is firm, provides tactile feedback to allow the driver to experience exactly what the road surface has to offer. The braking is linear, smoothly modulating to the driver's command. The steering, at higher speeds ,is direct and uncannily weighted so that it is neither heavy nor too light. Point the car in the intended direction and it will obey like a military trained German Shepherd. And then there is the SOUND. It has gravitas, plays at high SPLs with a baritone authority. It is an aural symphony with a mellifluous sound unmatched by any other current car.”

QED, not much else one can say!
I read this guys reviews while I was searching for my car and it got me excited, very excited! Now having owned the car and rereading his review last night, I found myself nodding in vigorous agreement. He definitely nailed this one. It is some of the most compelling prose on a car review that I’ve read.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
I read this guys reviews while I was searching for my car and it got me excited, very excited! Now having owned the car and rereading his review last night, I found myself nodding in vigorous agreement. He definitely nailed this one. It is some of the most compelling prose on a car review that I’ve read.
Agree, extremely well expressed and spot on!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Great review from Fchat. I love this part in his comments on the EVO RWD.

"As for sound volume, imagine a potentiometer that controls sound pressure levels with demarkations from 0-10 ( being the loudest). The 720S would be a 3. the F8 a 6. The EVO RWD is an 11. But the overwheling glory of this car is the fun factor. It is so supremely engaging and compelling , that it takes the driving experience to an exalted level. Hairs on the back of your neck will stand at attention and goose bumps will trickle down the spine as you gasp for breath and an ear to ear grin appears on your face."
I so loved this quote because my experience is the same with regards to the fun factor. This car is so sexy and smooth but it is extremely quick and responsive. The steering on the car is just incredible and I tend to disagree with the you tube video I posted in that regard about how the poster was saying that the steering rack was not as great (minor complaint by he poster). Maybe it’s because of the roads he was driving on? It looked like small country roads in England. In LA the roads are bid and wide. Freeways and canyon roads are amazing and the feel on the wheel firms up and gives direct feedback and does exactly what I want it to do. The car is a beautiful driver’s car and I just want to go, go, go.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I really like pushing my cars to near their limits and the AWD on my R8's and Huracan 610 allowed me to do that more safely, all had superchargers so had the kind of power that could get you in a mess easily. I bought my 488 to see how RWD compared, car was very fast and fun but found I could not get as close to cars limits and still feel safe. Car broke loose so easily especially when temps went below 50, which would be often in spring/fall drives. So I'm really happy to be back in an AWD that makes me feel like a professional driver :)
I’m so glad to hear you are happy with your AWD. I was very close to purchasing one and if the car was not white, I would’ve had a very hard time choosing the RWD. I was coming out of a 991.2 turbo s and I had plenty of seat time with the AWD platform in that car. It is very nice and the added stability is a great feature. The CCB are also a great add on. I love that the front wheels literally pull you forward and allow extra speed on corner exit. Enjoy your car man, she’s a very special precision tuned animal!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Further thoughts after today’s drive are one, why did I wait all day to get back in the car and 2, this car is amazing. Feels every bit as special as the first drive.

I took a decent 30 mile round trip just to get out and enjoy the car and have some fresh air. once the car was warmed up, I took off and had a blast. Car ride is firm but smoother than the turbo s. Steering is amazing and throttle response precise and fast. You car literally go from zero to handcuffs in mere seconds so I have to watch my speed. A LOT. I’ve discovered the aural pleasures of tunnels and freeway underpasses everywhere. They are like manna from heaven. Just to hear the car roar and echo through them makes me feel like I’m on a race track in a formula one circuit in a far away land.

I’m getting more used to the controls and features of the car. Apple car play works well and I have no problem playing music from iTunes or Spotify. Or, I should say, I have no fewer problems with this iteration than I do with my Ford pickup. There are times when it misbehaves and I did take a moment to tell Siri what I thought, “Hey Siri, eat sh*t!” She responded by saying, “I don’t respond to that.” Other than that, I have to say the two finger swipe works fine for me. I am still fiddling with the equalizer and how much surround sound I want to dial in. I think part of me wants more freedom in how I set the music stage up and yet at the end of the day, I am happy with the overall sound. I plan to be patient with the car while it breaks in.

guys, what is the break in period? Anything major to look out for?

21 - 40 of 89 Posts