Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob question here. Was at the Caffeine and Octane in Atlanta, GA this morning. A guy in an SV rolled out early and was revving while rolling. I was thinking..."uhhh how"? Another guy nearby said that they probably just slipped it into neutral and were revving. Not that I am all about random showey revving, but just not sure how one does that or if my Huracan could do the same. Seems every mode I'm in if I try to left-paddle the furthest it goes is 1.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull and hold both paddles and you can rev to your hearts content but why would you want to? When I see that I think what a waste.
Ah ha! Now I know. Thanks. Yeah, I agree on the waste but was beginning to think the car didn't even have a Neutral option.

Another cringe-worthy hypothetical: Let's say I'm feeling like a big boy and want to put it into N at 40mph, revv, then put back into gear. When I put it back into gear would I just use right paddle and it will go back into 3rd or 4th [not 1st]?

Premium Member
Yea when you pull paddle will go to gear appropriate for speed. And putting in neutral and giving it a quick rev is fun as long as you don鈥檛 over do it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea when you pull paddle will go to gear appropriate for speed. And putting in neutral and giving it a quick rev is fun as long as you don鈥檛 over do it
Perfecto! Thanks for the info! I figured as much but wanted to ask before I try it. Not that this car needs any more attention but sometimes I get requests for a quick revv and it would be fun to oblige every now and then.

Registered
Pull and hold both paddles and you can rev to your hearts content but why would you want to? When I see that I think what a waste.
There might be some good uses for that though. Consider this ...
When you roll by a group of excited little kids, it is nice to be able to rev the eninge without speeding up. I know when I was a little boy, I always loved that, and I was always disappointed when a gorgeous sportscar just floated by without me hearing its engine. And kids do still get excited when they see a bright Lambo. It is a way to feed the passion in those kids.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
There might be some good uses for that though. Consider this ...
When you roll by a group of excited little kids, it is nice to be able to rev the eninge without speeding up. I know when I was a little boy, I always loved that, and I was always disappointed when a gorgeous sportscar just floated by without me hearing its engine. And kids do still get excited when they see a brigt Lambo. It is a way to feed the passion in those kids.
Point well taken, and I understand in moderation that is fine though, some people take it to a ridiculous extreme. Being a geometric purist it seems counterintuitive to me so I just prefer not to do it.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I have all kinds of fun doing some quick blips now and then, just have to remember the car has to be moving or I鈥檓 restricted to 3500 rpms.

Premium Member
Going under a bridge or in a tunnel it is pretty much mandatory to rev the car. I know I will induce the ire of some around me thinking I am just drawing attention to myself. When in reality I really like the way it sounds.
I like just down shifting going under bridge to get some nice pops, no need to rev

Reactions: TTBear
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.