1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
584 Posts
Agree ... with JR... BTW did u call and ask how much?

Problem with any low mile exotic is that atrophy takes it toll faster than on a regular car. You can buy a caddy, park it for 3 years, then start and drive it. However, exotics are not that way.

There has been much discussion on other sites regarding milage and the drawbacks of a garage queen. I also have a 92 that I bought a few months ago and was concerned about the miles (7000) being to low. Besides the usual things like seals going dry, etc running the motor keeps things working like relays and electronics including the ECU. Some car "defects" will not be visible until you put some miles on the car..for example in the Diablo, some early models have problems with head gaskets and you would not know yet.

Also - Depends on how it was stored. Did he park it for 10 years, or was it properly stored? I have a freind who has a storage company for rare cars. As part of the storage process he starts them every month, warms them up to full operating temp and drives them about 2 miles to move the gears and tires... that would be different.

Have to say, however, very pretty car. Worth considering and paying for a full PPI if you are a serious buyer..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys, they are asking $105,000 for the car, which is lower than what many other places are asking for higher mileage diablos within the 91-93 range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts