Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time reading the archives for info on clutches for the Diablo. I am not certain if the clutch in the 01 6.0 Diablo differs from the earlier years.

Here are some questions I have. Your advice will be appreciated. :)

1) Does someone offer the titanium linkage rod? Where can I purchase it and for what price?
2) What is the best clutch option for a 6.0 Diablo? Looking through the archives there was some talk about the Clutchmasters clutch for $800, the Burtoni Carbon clutch (seems like some believe the one they offer is the same $800 Clutchmaster one), the Ferrari 550 clutch, and a stock clutch.
Now that some of you have had experience driving with each of these clutches, I would love to hear some feedback!
3) What are the current recommendations for clutches on the 6.0 (if anything has changed...)?

Based upon information I gathered awhile ago, I must admit that I am surprised to hear the clutch for the Ferrari 550 is the EXACT same one as the Diablo (especially given the price difference). Has anyone confirmed that this is definitely true?

Look forward to hearing your feedback.
Thx.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
lthl_vpr said:
<snip>

Based upon information I gathered awhile ago, I must admit that I am surprised to hear the clutch for the Ferrari 550 is the EXACT same one as the Diablo (especially given the price difference). Has anyone confirmed that this is definitely true?

Look forward to hearing your feedback.
Thx.

I don't know about the 6.0, but according to the mechanic who installed my clutch, it is the F550 clutch that he used for my 98 SV. I don't not know if your clutch is different, nor I guarantee that the F550 clutch would work in your car.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
raymondo said:
Raymond, how many miles did you get on your clutch, and what are your driving habits?

Raymond

Original clutch lasted 18k miles. I've probably only done 2-3 burnout type starts. No high rev dumps though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Word of advice, don't get the Burtoni. Just pulled one out of a car that only lasted 1800 miles. I educated the user on how to drive the car so in the clutches defense it may have been partially "pilot error" but I don't think that is the case. The Burtoni unit is actually just a rebuilt stock unit that they fasten carbon fiber pieces to. As for the 550 clutch, not sure. My advise, go with the stock. Lamborghini spent years deciding which one to use and then we go and change it. I am pretty sure that they had a little more research involved in their decision. Remember, that is how Lamborghini started, because Feruccio had an idea for Ferrari's clutch and how to fix it.

Chris ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts