Lamborghini Talk banner

What exhaust should i go with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

New owner here and could use some recommendations on an aftermarket exhaust system. So when I bought my 2002 Gated Manual Murci car it didn't come with any cats and some cheap straight pipe exhaust. In order to pass emissions i need to put in cats so while i'm at it my shop also recommend that i consider putting in a nicer after market exhaust. They recommend the IPE exhaust system and also said if I wanted to spend a little more money to consider a Capristo system. I'm also open to other suggestions. I like loud, high pitch, also don't mind pops and crackles on downshifts but not trying to break the bank either.

1) My main questions, do you think it's worth going with the Capristo?
2) Which one will have a higher pitch tone at high RPM? Louder? I actually don't mind the straight piped volume but would rather have a slightly more refined tone.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thehorific

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Capristo 4 stage on my 2007 LP640. It is always song to my ears....love the depth of it and the valves are perfect for a different pitch/sound at different RPMs. I would recommend going for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Capristo 4 stage on my 2007 LP640. It is always song to my ears....love the depth of it and the valves are perfect for a different pitch/sound at different RPMs. I would recommend going for it.
Thanks bud.

There's a lot of videos and audio of the lp640s with capristo but I can't find much on the preLPs so my question was more about the pitch, tone, and volume on the older version.

Really glad you like it I'm thinking however for the price he's quoting me I doubt it's the valved version

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did a ton of research for my pre-LP exhaust, and ended up going with Fabspeed primary delete pipe + exhaust.
The sound ended up exceeding my expectations (which was a very pleasant surprise as that happens so rarely). My shop works with all high-end sports cars, including different Ferrari V 12s, and the owner stated this one is his favourite out of them all in terms of overall sound and experience.

It was just installed a few weeks ago, and the first time I had it out, a guy pulled up to me at a red light, gave me 2 thumbs up with a massive smile and told me he saw flames shooting out of it, so it definitely resonates well with the general public (pun intended).

Overall product quality seems to be at a pretty high level too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a ton of research for my pre-LP exhaust, and ended up going with Fabspeed primary delete pipe + exhaust.
The sound ended up exceeding my expectations (which was a very pleasant surprise as that happens so rarely). My shop works with all high-end sports cars, including different Ferrari V 12s, and the owner stated this one is his favourite out of them all in terms of overall sound and experience.

It was just installed a few weeks ago, and the first time I had it out, a guy pulled up to me at a red light, gave me 2 thumbs up with a massive smile and told me he saw flames shooting out of it, so it definitely resonates well with the general public (pun intended).

Overall product quality seems to be at a pretty high level too.
Thanks Worldrider

My issue right now is that i have to put cats back the car to pass emission. So i'm wondering how all 3 of these different exhaust sound with cat's still in the car?

I wish i lived in a spot where i could leave the cat delete :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have FabSpeed, it came with the car and I love it!
Dragon,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any drone in the cabin? I assume you have cats in your car? Would you say the tone is more raspy or a higher pitch whine more like an LP640 under load? I've heard people compare it to both?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have always had primary cats on my Pre-LP, and with all the louder exhausts, it drones so much it drove me crazy on long drives. With the LOC and primaries, I thought all the panels on the interior were going to start falling off.

I have a Larini muffler now, and I put back the secondary cats, and that solved the drone, but it's a lot quieter overall. It seems like removing all the cats will reduce the drone, but I haven't tried that, and it's really hard to get someone to tell you about drone because some people actually like that resonating sound, so they will say it doesn't drone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fabspeed is consistently amazing. MS Racing is something I just heard about and it sounds amazing in the video below. Reid Performance has some great reviews, I have only seen one video though. AGX makes straight pipes after primary cats and they are reasonably priced. The ones I listed above seem to be the best options unless you go custom. Many exhausts on pre-LP do not sound good.

If you know a quality exhaust shop have a custom x pipe built. A good shop will remake it until it is to your liking. For loud F1 sound with primary cats don't get any kind of muffler just go straight through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dragon,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any drone in the cabin? I assume you have cats in your car? Would you say the tone is more raspy or a higher pitch whine more like an LP640 under load? I've heard people compare it to both?
I have 0 drone, but important to note my car is a roadster. In fact on the highway if you just want to cruise exhaust note is very subdued at certain RPM.
Yes I do have primary cats.
To me it sounds more raspy at higher RPM which is perfect.
I really love it!

·
Vendor
2,666 Posts
I'm a DEALER for Capriso, IPE, Fabspeed, etc. I like the Capristo personally the best, but can get you any of these systems. If anyone is still looking, feel free to call/text me at 717-319-2100 and I'll work a nice deal.

Reactions: Thehorific

·
Registered
LP640
2,286 Posts
I am super biased towards the DTP exhaust for the Murci. But between Capristo & IPE on the pre-LP, you cannot go wrong with either as they both incorporate an LP style valved bypass pipe. I think IPE is LP only, so you won't be able to run an exhaust tip with that system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts