Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a link to a 1983 Countach 5000S currently for sale at Interstate Motorsports in New Jersey. The ad states that the car is only 1 of 20 to have factory fuel injection for that year. They are asking $80K which seems too high. Does anyone know anything about this car. Any input would be appreciated.

http://www.interstatemotorsport.com/detail.cfm?ID=55900#

Thanks.
Ken

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
OK, That is factory fuel injection, and not somthing thats worth more money, it has all sorts of extra non factory ground efects crap that is a negitive and as far as the back of the car it is missing most of it's emblems, look at the pictures in my garage to see what the back of that car should look like. The car must be checked out before you buy. As far as mileage??? I can disconect the speedo cable on any countach with one hand, so there must be service history to back up the mileage. As far as the price....if it was original with no ground efects and had carbs instead of fuel injection it would be worth + or - $70,000.
The way it is $ 62-68,000 and if the there is smoke out of the tail pipes take $10,000 off the the #'s above, as it will need a major engine service.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
PS: The seller is a preowned exotic dealer, his cars have been all over EBAY never buy from one of them without a FULL INSPECTION including a compression test. These guys allways take cars from people, detail and armorall the sh*t out of them and them put them up on the internet for $10-15,000 more than they bought them for. 2 valve fuel injected Countach's bring the least money, what ever the market is. You could spend $10-20,000 on any Countach over what you paid if your not carefull.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
That car was for sure red once, the typical coulour combination red with this brown leather, originally white the car would have a white or red hide, for sure not this awful brown.
The skirts are the ones of the 88 1/2 Countach QV.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ken,

If you are really interested ing the car I can take a first look for you. I will be in NJ over the holidays and I have friends in the area where interstates has there "dealeship"

Just let me know. I can take some digital pics and drive it if they let me.

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David:

Thanks for the kind offer, however, I live about 20-30 minutes from the "dealership". Even though it has the ugly ground effects, I would still like to look at the car and drive it. It is nice to see as many cars as possible to compare.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts