Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to finish the body work on the G but need to know what is the normal clearance gap between the hood and the plastic piece that covers the bottom of the windshield is . If someone could take pics and make a few measurements like middle and 1/3 way each side it would be great help
.Mine looks like it is too high . The hood was hit on the corner and curved up a little. I have corrected almost all of it but want it perfect. I would rather not have to buy a hood.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
140 Posts
Wanted to help... looks totally different here, but now I see in your signature the '04 is what you may be working on. ANYBODY 2004-08 HELP ??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that helps a lot . Thanks! It looks like a big gap is normal. Maybe someone with a 2004 to 2008 can give me a dimension in the middle. I am working on the 04. My Murcie has no gap so I was worried the hood was tweaked on the Gallardo. Lee

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
140 Posts
Really, I almost didn't put the picture in because I thought it wasn't going to be any help at all,..... the opening is Huge on LP, water must run everywhere except directly into the frunk...... just calling out for somebody w/ closer year to jump in !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have an '06. Front hood has never been off the car.

I use the diameter of my Craftsman 1/4" sockets as a measuring tool. Dead center, the narrow (nut) end of the 11mm socket fits snugly between the hood and the plastic. As you move away from the center and approach the "notch" in the hood, the 14mm socket fits, but only in a narrow range

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lee, that looks normal to me and like my 2008. Kind of hard to measure because the plastic piece across the windshield has so many uneven contours and in and of itself is not a constant distance from the hood, but with my calipers depending on where on the plastic trim I was measuring, I got between 0.3-0.385" on the driver side area, 0.5-0.65" in the middle area, and 0.25-0.3" on the passenger side. Hope that's helpful.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,207 Posts
LeeT, call me today and I’ll measure my 08’s in Millimeters for exact fit. In all day.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. That was lots of help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts