Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
2006 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO several exterior upgrades looking forward to more upgradings
Discussion Starter #1
Hello LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO Lovers, I need instructions on how to remove my 2006 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO OEM Bumper and install the new bumper.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.馃榿

Attachments

Registered
Hello LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO Lovers, I need instructions on how to remove my 2006 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO OEM Bumper and install the new bumper.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.馃榿 View attachment 285938
I just did mine last week. Mine didnt come with a frunk liner so not sure what that entails. Kind of just figured it out as I went but ill try to remember as much as I can. Started with the head lights/plastic covers at the corner of the hood. Theres 4 torx bits that run along where the hood closes with a flexible plastic cover over them that I was able to squeeze a stubby torx driver under. The flexible plastic cover was held on by two rubber grommet things that didnt appear to be removable (found out later that they are, just use a large pair of pliers). After that, theres a torx bolt/nut on each side where the fender meets the bumper. I think your supposed to take the front wheels/liners off to get access but I used a long flex extension to access it along with a wrench on the nut. It was kind of a pain contorting my hands into weird positions to do both at the same time in such a tight space, I just really didnt feel like taking the wheels off. There's three metal brackets held on with allen head bolts that run along the front bottom part of the bumper that connect to the frame. I removed all of the torx screws on the underside of the bumper, but I think many of them were unnecessary as they didnt actually attach to anything on the frame. The hardest part was popping out the clips along the top edge about halfway between the front wheels and front of the bumper. Used a large pry bar for that. I may be missing some steps, but its not too hard.

Attachments

Premium Member
2006 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO several exterior upgrades looking forward to more upgradings
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing bro thanks for taking the time to show me pretty good details. I'm start this weekend. Your baby looks really nice.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to ask you how long did it take you and was you new peice hard to install. Thanks a bunch.

Registered
Id say
I forgot to ask you how long did it take you and was you new peice hard to install. Thanks a bunch.
Id say about two hours or so. Alot of that time was just figuring everything out. I've never installed a bumper before but i think it fit pretty well. Its a chinese one on ebay from a company called Darwinpro. When I first mocked it up, there were a few issues that I tried to fix like where the bumper/fender meet that I tried to sand down. Looking back, i think it looks worse now and I should have just left it alone.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Id say

Id say about two hours or so. Alot of that time was just figuring everything out. I've never installed a bumper before but i think it fit pretty well. Its a chinese one on ebay from a company called Darwinpro. When I first mocked it up, there were a few issues that I tried to fix like where the bumper/fender meet that I tried to sand down. Looking back, i think it looks worse now and I should have just left it alone.
Thank you again. Your ride looks really goo had. I've done mainly installing lights to mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts