Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering buyiing a diablo, but need some guidance,

I presently own a 2003 500 sl, 1998 Viper and 1988 Porsche Turbo Cab so I won't be driving it a lot apx 1,000 miles per year, since I live in the northeast and have only 6 months of good weather.

With these facts in mind I'm not sure whether to buy a 91-92 for apx 100,000 or should I go the 96-97 Roadster route apx 150,000 or so.

The question is whether it is worth it to spend that kind of difference with my limited use, or is the newer car that much better, more reliable perhaps better resale.

WhenI bought the viper it was well worth it to go to 3rd generation car but only 10,000 difference, but here the difference is quite significant.

Therefore I need some experianced opinions from this board since I have no expeiance with either one of them.

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
go for a later model ....98 is the best....the clutch is lighter than the older model's...so its much esier to drive.... resale is better also...but u have to keep the car going, or u will have problem's.....a diablo needs to be running, for it to be healthy....u cant leave it neglected for even 1 month...or else u will have to pay for it....... :cool: if u dont love it , dont buy it

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you get a later model VT, its all whell drive and you can drive it in any weather. Esp. if you get a clear bra protection sticker on the front bumper, rearviews, air inductions, etc.... than you could drive it maybe 8-9 months instead of 6. My dad regularly drives his cars in snow, rain, sunshine, what you have it...and they work magnificently. They were meant to be driven, not be garage queens. The later models are such a vast improvement they are like a whole new car. In any account, talk to RoyToy2003. He will find you any Lambo at your price range and in perfect condition...just ask the many people on this board that have bought from him.

J

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I would not purchase 91-93 diablo...for the money I would start at 94 through 99, then the 6.0 is a totaly differnt ball game and money range.....

For Roadster the best of course is the 99-late edition....but of course there is going to be a price difference 97 through 99./

You can start out with 97-98, see you like it drive it for a year..trade up and NOT take a large hit on it.....

Let me know I will get you what you want.......

Thanks RoyToy 1-206-396-5059 :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts