Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

So I am building a new house and garage and I plan to install a lift in the garage. The lift will only be used with lambos. I am dealing with a 10 foot ceiling.

I think I want a MTP-9F lift from Eagle:

http://eagleequip.com/page/EE/PROD/LI-ETP/618-001

Does anyone have other ideas or comments on lifts I should be looking at?

Thanks for any comments!

-mick

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would go with something you can drive onto rather than suspend your car from the frame...it keeps everything where it is supposed to be since the car is sitting in it's own weight, as it would everyday.

Check these out http://www.aclift.com/parking/default.asp

American Custom lifts...minimum height requirement is 9 feet...so you're in there. Don't know cost, but considering what you're putting in the air, it would be worth the expense.

Kaoss

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The only problem is that if you are going to do your own maintenance, you can't drop the engine with a four post. You'll need the additional jacks and jack trays if you need to take the tires off. If for storage the four post is the way to go. If you are going to do any work the two post would be best. JMO.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
SI LAMBO said:
How do you drop the engine in a Diablo? :p
I think with a can opener?!?!? :D I guess I was just thinking about mine where the cradle is dropped. Sorry. I forgot about the newer models. I guess it is a matter of opinion. Those are great pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I should add that the lift is so I can do some work on the car - like remove wheels / change a battery etc ie its not for storage.

-mick

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"So I am building a new house"
Wow. My house project that started at the beginning of 2004 was officially completed today with my final county sign off and occupancy permit. Still have a "to do" list but I can finallly move in..... what an ordeal.

-mick

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I agree. Did you every get the lift? I bought mine through Complete Hydraulic.
Everything seems to be a long story - but yes I have a Complete Hydraulic two post lift in my garage ready to be hooked up.

Hopefully within a week or so....

How do you like your lift? I'm thinking of a four post lift for storage...

-mick

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess I should add that the lift is so I can do some work on the car - like remove wheels / change a battery etc ie its not for storage.

-mick
Get the 4 poster, I have an Eagle, Most work is easier, it's more stable, and you do not need to anchor it. Wheel removal is the only negative, just jack it for that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Remeber if you get a lift in your garage you will have to modify the garage door to open higher...you will have to extend the tracks and replace the spring...when it's done the door should hug the ceiling, if not the door will hit the car!!!

·
Registered
2008 Gallardo Superleggera (Arancio Borealis) | 1992 Diablo | 1927 Bugatti Type 35b
579 Posts
I've seen 4 post lifts that allow the runnign boards to lower, and had arms to hold up the chassis, this allowing to remove wheels without any problem !

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Remeber if you get a lift in your garage you will have to modify the garage door to open higher...you will have to extend the tracks and replace the spring...when it's done the door should hug the ceiling, if not the door will hit the car!!!
My garage is over 40 feet deep and so the lift is way away from the door....

-mick

·
Registered
898 Posts
I got my "Pro-Park 7" (which is now the Pro-Park 8) 4-Post lift from Greg Smith Equipment. Very easy to setup and I LOVE it! I also purchased the jack that slides up and down the lengths of the runways that allows you to position it under either front or rear so you can jack up the car and take the wheels off. Here are the URL's to lift and jack that I purchased:

Lift:
Direct Lift Pro Park 8S - Greg Smith Equipment Sales, Inc

Jack:
Greg Smith Equipment Sales Inc. - The lift professionals with quality automotive equipment at discount prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
This tread is comming at the best time for me. As it turns out I too am trying to decide what way to go. Here are some of my thoughts:-

I am considering digging a (large) hole in the ground approach like the oil changers do and simply driving my car over it. That way i can get to engin/transmission etc easily. Simple jacks on the sides to raise wheels. Has anybody done this. I have no idea what a contractor would charge to cut concret slab, dig hole, put in wall and steps. Anybody?

Then there is the 2/4 post decision. So far I don't see any advantage of a 4 post over 2 except that you don't have to bolt it to the ground. The 2 post allows more room around the car and there is no need to add seperate jack/platform to remove wheels etc. Comments?

I have a small garage so things will be tight. A minor point is that all seem to take 220V, so I will have to set that up too.

Then there is shipping. How has this worked out for people. Will delivery trucks drop off at the house. How do they unload such heavy pieces of equiptment?

·
Registered
278 Posts
John Monohan,

I spent perhaps a couple of years contemplating between the single post lift [this was what I thought I needed], two post, and four post.

Each has its own plus and minus points.

With regard to shipping, I purchased mine in USA and shipped it to my nearest port [Europe] I then had a local company pick it up and deliver to home.

I eventually went with the four post option. I use it to store my Diablo 'upstairs'.

Regards

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts