Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a CAD file for the Lamborghini bull logo ? A graphic file will also do.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm working on the Lamborghini shield in AutoCad, but it's not quite done yet. I also have a medium sized jpeg I'll upload, but you've probably seen this one before. What do you need the CAD file for? Anything fun?
Thor

www.JavelinArt.com

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have plotters and lasers that run using an auto cad file. I made custom mats. I was able to make a pattern and cut it out before producing the finished mat. This helps make minor corrections that look better. I need the logo to put into mat before I send it to the embroiderer. I will also use the CAD file to cut stainless steel out of the logo in two sizes, large and small. When I finish I will post pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm an Engineer/Artist and I've been doing something similar to the stainless steel cutouts you mentioned. I have a set of patterns I cut for 12", 24", and 36" Lamborghini Bulls. I'm working on a Lamborghini Shield which I just completed the drafting on, using my own design for the bull. Here are a couple of photos of my work, just in case you're curious. More photos are on my website, and I'll post shots of the Shield once I get it completed in a week or two. I've got an Alfa Romeo, C4 Corvette, Mercedes, and several other new pieces I need to clean up and paint which are already cut before I cut the new Bull.
Thor
JavelinArt.com

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your work is very nice.

I am not interested in making these for profit. I have the lasers for production in my business and an employee suggested the idea. (Brown nose...I guess he wants a raise. :evil: ) Do you cut yours with a laser? My guys have already copied a design into a CAD format and are making samples for me this week. I was thinking about cutting them on acrylic, clear and in colors also. My lasers can cut up to 3/4 thick steel and 1/4 stainless and the largest size is 67" x 85".

I don't have to worry about copyright infringement if I am making them for myself. Do you have permission to use their designs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the compliment.

I cut mine on a CNC plasma cutter which I designed and built myself in my garage. I can cut up to 5/8 plate with it and it has a 45" x 54" work area. It isn't as clean as a laser, but it suites me just fine. The artwork is my own, and a bit different from the copyrighted designs used by Lamborghini, but even so, I'm making the items mainly just for myself. I've sold a few at cost to help support my equipment habit, but mostly I'm populating the walls of my home office. It's looking pretty nice in there!
Thor

After reviewing a few websites on copyright law, it looks like I need to send a few letters and ask for permission to use the logo from Lamborghini (and others) if I want to sell any more. I'll get that taken care of. Hopefully they won't mind me promoting their cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SI LAMBO said:
Your work is very nice.

I am not interested in making these for profit. I have the lasers for production in my business and an employee suggested the idea. (Brown nose...I guess he wants a raise. :evil: ) Do you cut yours with a laser? My guys have already copied a design into a CAD format and are making samples for me this week. I was thinking about cutting them on acrylic, clear and in colors also. My lasers can cut up to 3/4 thick steel and 1/4 stainless and the largest size is 67" x 85".

I don't have to worry about copyright infringement if I am making them for myself. Do you have permission to use their designs?
i noticed that you are from ny, are you in the metal fabrication/architectural metal business? im in the architectural metal and glass business but more along the lines of installing rather than fabrication. for all of our stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, etc we use hi-tech in maspeth, domco/jdg in brooklyn, metalworks in the bronx and sperro in nj. i may have the bull in .dxf format, that would work with your laser no? i know it does with the water jets.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt:
The would be great. Our CAD can read any format. We are a Diemaker and utilize lasers and steel bending equipment. If you would email to me at [email protected] it would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts