Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Need some advice on changing my Evo RWD Spyder spec. So after owning 3x Performantes I sold my last one in July and I ordered an Evo RWD Spyder since I've never had a brand new order before - kept it stealth in Nero Noctis + yellow accents + all the options (ceramics, sensonum, etc). My dealer says ETA is June to August of 2022.

Last Friday I was offered an allocation for an STO from a different dealer. I took it and ETA is 12-14 months. I'm keeping both allocations because I can drive the Evo while I wait for the STO. Now I'm thinking perhaps I should change the color of the Evo for resale purposes.

So my questions are:

1. On the Evo RWD Spyder - Which color is more resale desirable: Bianco Monocerus, Nero Noctis, Grigio Lynx, or Rosso Mars? I'm only keeping the car until the STO arrives.

2. Does anyone have experience with grigio Lynx wrapped in Xpel stealth? Is it close to Grigio Titans? I wanted grigio titans for the STO but was warned against it due to matte paint maintenance issues and I would have to agree. I'm trying to pick a gloss color and then Xpel stealth wrap it instead.

3. Xpel stealth full wrap: Nero Noctis or Grigio Lynx? I'm leaning heavily towards the grey but black looks so good as well. I'm not doing a crazy color on the STO. After 2x green lambos I want this next one to be stealthy. I'd go Verde Turbine but 16k is a lot and not sure that color will stand the test of time.

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Trip computer Gauge

Hood Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Carbon

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Window

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have a Grigio Titans Performante. No issues with paint maintenance if you get it fully wrapped. It’s my favourite colour, but it’s good to have a bright coloured car as well in your stable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i was told by a sales rep at the lambo dealer that subtle colours are the easiest to sell (grey, black, white). Now that doesn’t always hold true, but an example would be if there is a launch colour that really makes the car etc

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
i was told by a sales rep at the lambo dealer that subtle colours are the easiest to sell (grey, black, white). Now that doesn’t always hold true, but an example would be if there is a launch colour that really makes the car etc
The average cigarette chomping salesman will say anything, they really do crack me up. All of these cars sell regardless of color.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey guys,

Need some advice on changing my Evo RWD Spyder spec. So after owning 3x Performantes I sold my last one in July and I ordered an Evo RWD Spyder since I've never had a brand new order before - kept it stealth in Nero Noctis + yellow accents + all the options (ceramics, sensonum, etc). My dealer says ETA is June to August of 2022.

Last Friday I was offered an allocation for an STO from a different dealer. I took it and ETA is 12-14 months. I'm keeping both allocations because I can drive the Evo while I wait for the STO. Now I'm thinking perhaps I should change the color of the Evo for resale purposes.

So my questions are:

1. On the Evo RWD Spyder - Which color is more resale desirable: Bianco Monocerus, Nero Noctis, Grigio Lynx, or Rosso Mars? I'm only keeping the car until the STO arrives.

2. Does anyone have experience with grigio Lynx wrapped in Xpel stealth? Is it close to Grigio Titans? I wanted grigio titans for the STO but was warned against it due to matte paint maintenance issues and I would have to agree. I'm trying to pick a gloss color and then Xpel stealth wrap it instead.

3. Xpel stealth full wrap: Nero Noctis or Grigio Lynx? I'm leaning heavily towards the grey but black looks so good as well. I'm not doing a crazy color on the STO. After 2x green lambos I want this next one to be stealthy. I'd go Verde Turbine but 16k is a lot and not sure that color will stand the test of time.

View attachment 303852 View attachment 303856 View attachment 303858
View attachment 303857
View attachment 303854
View attachment 303855
View attachment 303853
View attachment 303851
Following this thread as I am in a somewhat similar situation. I am choosing between Nero Noctis, Nero Helene, and Grigio Lynx for my huracan and plan on wrapping it in XPEL stealth. Grigio Lynx is a beautiful color, but when I see a matte/satin black car I lean more towards Nero. I don't think you can go wrong.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why such a boring STO?
I completely disagree. The STOs looks great in colorful combos, but in stealthy colors it looks like a weapon - stealth fighter mode. The car has so many lines and vents and so much going on, matting it out looks amazing.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Following this thread as I am in a somewhat similar situation. I am choosing between Nero Noctis, Nero Helene, and Grigio Lynx for my huracan and plan on wrapping it in XPEL stealth. Grigio Lynx is a beautiful color, but when I see a matte/satin black car I lean more towards Nero. I don't think you can go wrong.
Which car are you ordering? Although I don't think anything looks bad with black or dark grey...

This car in London is basically the spec I'll be doing but I'm going to xpel stealth it. Black on the Evo looks amazing, but on the STO it can be a bit too much. But the grey is really sexy. I don't know. Black is sinister...

Vehicle Plant Window Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Bumper Grille

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Grille

·
Registered
445 Posts
Which car are you ordering? Although I don't think anything looks bad with black or dark grey...

This car in London is basically the spec I'll be doing but I'm going to xpel stealth it. Black on the Evo looks amazing, but on the STO it can be a bit too much. But the grey is really sexy. I don't know. Black is sinister...

View attachment 303883
View attachment 303885
View attachment 303884
View attachment 303882
View attachment 303886
View attachment 303881
View attachment 303880
Hopefully I am getting my RWD allocation this month! That STO is absolutely stunning. After looking at the pictures in this thread I am kind of in the mindset that Grigio Lynx looks better in a shiny finish whereas the nero would look better with the XPEL stealth in the matte/satin finish. But I change my mind every week!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Funny my dealer says Skittle colors are best for resale.
I'd love to see the numbers on the distribution of paint colors for the huracan. From what I remember the gallardo had a lot of white cars, whereas with the huracan I very rarely see one in white. I'm assuming white was a free color on the gallardo, whereas now there is a bigger variety of free paints to choose from.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'd love to see the numbers on the distribution of paint colors for the huracan. From what I remember the gallardo had a lot of white cars, whereas with the huracan I very rarely see one in white. I'm assuming white was a free color on the gallardo, whereas now there is a bigger variety of free paints to choose from.
White Huracan looks hot. Idk about free colors but my Rosso Mars 580-2 was $3k. Red might be free with EVO.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
White Huracan looks hot. Idk about free colors but my Rosso Mars 580-2 was $3k. Red might be free with EVO.
Agreed. I had Bianco Icarus which of course is a white. It cost 3k because it has a light gray metallic fleck to it instead of being a solid white like Monocerus which is a free color.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think black is always a winner.
Agreed, I think the STO has a lot going on that a simple stealthy color looks so good. Although seeing skittles colors is certainly giving me FOMO!

·
Registered
269 Posts
What I’ve noticed is that skittle type colors will fetch more money, but not necessarily sell as fast. The more subtle colors will sell for less, but typically have a bigger pool of people buying so may sell faster/easier.

With the wrap game where it’s at today, color is not as important to me anymore but I probably am in the minority.

LHP -I’d go with black since it’s classic and easiest color to wrap. Ask me how I know ;)

Reactions: LHP

·
Registered
445 Posts
Free colors are: Bianco Icarus, Bianco Monocerus, Rosso Mars, Grigio Nimbus, Grigio Lynx, Nero Helene, Nero Noctis. Arancio Borealis, Giallo Inti, and Verde Mantis are $9800. Everything else is $14k+.

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
May depend on location. I was considering changing from Grigio Lynx to a skittles color and my SA told me don’t do it for resale purposes because my spec with GL is perfectly fine for resale and I won’t be adding another $14k to my build.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.