Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
BMW ///M
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I'm thinking about ordering a 2022 Huracan EVO RWD Coupe. The option list is quite overwhelming, but I'm trying to figure out what the "must have" options are. I also noticed that most builds on the forum don't include the Lamborghini Protective Film option for $3,300. Is that because most people have the entire car PPF'd? I couldn't figure out what the Lamborghini Protective film includes.

Thank you in advance for all comments and suggestions!

My tentative build:
2022 Huracan EVO RWD Coupe
Rosso Mars exterior
Aesir 20" Diamond Cut wheels
Steel brake with red calipers
Transparent engine bonnet
Style Package - body color
EVO Trim - Sportivo leather bicolor - Rosso Alala
Inverted stitching
Floor mats with leather piping and double stitching -- bicolor
Multifunction steering wheel in smooth leather
Steering wheel stitching - Rosso Alala
Fully electric and heated seats
Embroidered Lamborghini shield on headrest
Rosso Alala seat belts
Roof lining and A-pillars in leather
Life Style Pack
Ambient light package

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,471 Posts
Nice spec, have you considered getting the combo Life style & drivers pack? You get CCB's and more, but the CCB's alone are worth it. Also I have seen several members say that the Ambient Light Package is not worth it. Maybe someone that has it can chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I have ambient lighting, it is kind of cool but not something I would have ordered

Reactions: AwesomeM3

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
I have ambient lighting, it is kind of cool but not something I would have ordered
I have heard from others that got that option and the biggest complaint was it is not bright enough and has limited colors.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great advice from everyone, thank you! I didn't consider the Driver Pack because I assumed the steel brakes were fine and the CCB were overkill. Maybe I'm wrong.
Sounds like the Ambient Lighting isn't worth it. This forum is such a gold mine for advice! (y)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
@AwesomeM3, nice spec but one thing TEB is not a separate option but part of the Lifestyle Package. I also specced the Leather roof lining and "A" pillar it should be a nice interior design feature.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@AwesomeM3, nice spec but one thing TEB is not a separate option but part of the Lifestyle Package. I also specced the Leather roof lining and "A" pillar it should be a nice interior design feature.
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. The TEB is listed as a separate option for $6,000 and I didn't realize it was included in the Lifestyle Pack.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
I posted it several times but here it is again the Lifestyle Pack:

anti-theft, lifting system and rims upon customer choice, Cup Holder & Smoker Package, cup holder, ashtray, 12V plug w/lighter and rear wall storage, Transparent Engine Bonnet, LED engine compartment lighting, Smartphone Interface & Connected Services (Apple CarPlay), Maintenance Pack 3 Years

BTW, if the car is going to be a keeper I would option the CCBs. Heck, Porsche charges over $10K just for that option alone.

Drivers Pack:

choice of carbon ceramic brakes, Magneto-Rheologic Suspension

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
Even if it’s not a keeper, CCBs are a strong selling point and adds value.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Comparing the Porsche CCB pricing with Lamborghini one feels good about optioning CCBs on the EVO. On the EVO it costs $3,300 for the Drivers Pack when added to the Lifestyle Pack plus $2,700 for the painted CCB calipers (costing $5K). In addition you get the Magneto-Rheologic Suspension*.

*Magnetorheological dampers: what in the world are they? | Torque

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
@AwesomeM3, regarding PPF I will submit my thought process for your consideration and use it if it makes sense or feel free to disregard it as misguided. Firstly, I have had two of my Sports cars covered in a full PPF, and two Sports cars covered with simply the full front end, backs of mirrors and rocker panels, and based upon my experience in terms of return on investment + protection I now go with the later all day long and would recommend that. The only reason I would recommend or do full coverage again is if I was going to track the car. Another very very important variable in the PPF equation is the INSTALLER. I advise you ferret out an installer with good reviews and a good reputation and NEVER use the dealership installers they have, based upon my experience been consistently poor. BTW, the same thing goes for tinting don't use the dealership installer.........I did once and it needed to be redone because of many tiny unsightly bubbles. PPF material? I have used Suntek Ultra almost exclusively and what I like about it is it's clarity because, as I am sure you know, anytime you put any covering on paint it alters it's brilliance and color. Though, what I don't like about Suntek Ultra is it tears very easily, and in all the cars I have had in no time I find a perforation.......it did its sacrificial duties but it is somewhat fragile. So, I am going to explore XPEL and consider that when my new EVO arrives........but the clarity of Suntek is hard to beat.........in essence, there is always a little wool left in the suit. ;) Best of luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
BMW ///M
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@AwesomeM3, regarding PPF I will submit my thought process for your consideration and use it if it makes sense or feel free to disregard it as misguided. Firstly, I have had two of my Sports cars covered in a full PPF, and two Sports cars covered with simply the full front end, backs of mirrors and rocker panels, and based upon my experience in terms of return on investment + protection I now go with the later all day long and would recommend that. The only reason I would recommend or do full coverage again is if I was going to track the car. Another very very important variable in the PPF equation is the INSTALLER. I advise you ferret out an installer with good reviews and a good reputation and NEVER use the dealership installers they have, based upon my experience been consistently poor. BTW, the same thing goes for tinting don't use the dealership installer.........I did once and it needed to be redone because of many tiny unsightly bubbles. PPF material? I have used Suntek Ultra almost exclusively and what I like about it is it's clarity because, as I am sure you know, anytime you put any covering in paint it alters it's brilliance and color. Though, what I don't like about Suntek Ultra is it tears very easily, and in all the cars I have had in no time I find a perforation.......it did its sacrificial duties but it is somewhat fragile. So, I am going to explore XPEL and consider that when my new EVO arrives........but the clarity of Suntek is hard to beat.........in essence, there is always a little wool left in the suit. ;) Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Thank you for your excellent advice, as always! I've had all my cars PPF'd, but never the entire car. I tend to agree with you that if the full front end, mirrors and rockers are protected, those are the most vulnerable areas. These are the areas I've had protected on my cars. I have a local installer who I have been using for years. I haven't decided whether I'll cover the entire car or just the high impact areas. I have time to decide though...

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
I have PPF’d all my cars and never felt the need or desire to do the entire car.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
I have it and it sucks..
Sal, don't hold back tell us what you really think? 🤣 I suspect when we option some of these silly things the SAs have a good laugh. Nothing like an $1,100 lighting options that probably costs Lamborghini < $100.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great advice. I agree with the PPF and tend to advise people to think of it as an art just like paint correction is. My guy had to correct a lot of factory issues and halo effects from the factory and dealer detailing prior to then having another person apply the expel ultimate. It was then finished with CQuartz Reserve nano coating to finish it off and looks amazing.

As crappy as the ambient lighting is, I would get it just because any interior lighting is better than nothing imo. I could be wrong but I look at it like the sensonum package. It’s not great quality and worth the price but better to have it if one is speccing a higher optioned car. I haven’t seen the lighting but I know I wish I had some ambient light in mine.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts