Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2007 gallardo and it only came with one key. Can I just call a dealership and give them my vin and proof of ownership and order a new key? is it that easy? do they need to program it to the car? the nearest dealership is 2 hours away from me.

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
99 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think you can program it yourself and just have it cut anywhere for much less than the dealership.

WhenI replaced the battery in my key fob it stopped working and I had to reprogram it and took me like 30 seconds

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just bought a 2007 gallardo and it only came with one key. Can I just call a dealership and give them my vin and proof of ownership and order a new key? is it that easy? do they need to program it to the car? the nearest dealership is 2 hours away from me.
Glen can get you the key. It will come pre cut for your car. You will have to take it to the dealership to have the immobilizer in the fob/remote "married" to your car. No way around that. Otherwise it will not start the car.
It takes the dealer about 15-30 minutes to do it. They will likely charge you about an hour labor as most dealers that is the minimum charge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glen can get you the key. It will come pre cut for your car. You will have to take it to the dealership to have the immobilizer in the fob/remote "married" to your car. No way around that. Otherwise it will not start the car.
It takes the dealer about 15-30 minutes to do it. They will likely charge you about an hour labor as most dealers that is the minimum charge.
Yes, this is correct. I have a key that I ordered through Glen but you still have to take it to a dealer to pair it to the car (which is why I still can't use the key yet and the car also has to physically be present as well). I don't feel like driving my car 500+ miles round trip to the closest dealer...:p Maybe the next owner will be closer to a dealer...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts