Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for just about everything. If you have it ill probably need it. Money... well she's tight fellas. If you have anything lying around you arent using or looking to get rid of for a reasonable dollar, id appreciate the help getting this beaten bull back together.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
Where is everything? Lack of specifics would suggest it's just the chassis, or are many parts taken off already put to the side?
Just a chassis w/ a clean title, you would save alot of time (and probably some money) looking for the most complete and least damaged salvage unit, bumpers wouldn't matter as they are readily available

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is everything? Lack of specifics would suggest it's just the chassis, or are many parts taken off already put to the side?
Just a chassis w/ a clean title, you would save alot of time (and probably some money) looking for the most complete and least damaged salvage unit, bumpers wouldn't matter as they are readily available
That's the hope my friend, Yes currently just a chassis with a clean title. A lot of the car has been ravaged, I tend to see projects like this through and create something one of a kind. My goal is to get the car complete, give myself a complete understanding and familiarization with every inch of the car and build a beautiful car that I can really enjoy driving guilt free.

·
Registered
563 Posts
There you go..... that's the perfect candidate for a complete custom build, as you said, 'guilt free'. Yeah, I'd try and get my hands on a complete salvage because then you won't run into the issue of.... why don't these two things go together, is there a bracket I'm missing? Bolt sizes, bolt lengths, etc. etc. on and on. This way something comes off the 'donor' and goes on Frankenstein. body panels worry about later, hey, how 'bout a widebody??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WIdebody would be incredible, I'd be lying if i said i hadn't though about it, Due to the scarcity of many of the parts, id thought of 3D Printing some of the parts id be missing or would want different in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well, I've Frankensteined some other cars (mostly mustangs, I was a Ford Dealer Tech for 12 years) in the past when I was very budget limited and always best to start from the inside out, get it running..... sometimes that can be a daunting challenge in itself. Otherwise you'll find yourself taking things on and off repeatedly that are in your way (like don't put the doors on until the interior is done).
Is that the backup camera module laying on the driver's floor where your feet would sit ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thoughts exactly, i had bounced the idea around a little of stealing a 5.2 out of a s6 or s8, upgrading the heads and converting to a dry sump, possibly builiding the bottom and go with a TT setup straight away. What's your experience, gated vs e gear?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Unfortunately I have No experience with gated.... except for the fact I've given up on trying to find the list of parts needed for the swap. So rare and just not worth the time, expense, and reprogramming (a gated conversion car is NOT going to be worth what they are commanding for the 59 U.S. market originals) as far as the LP cars are concerned which I'm playing with. Pre-LP cars you're just better off wait for one, they are still somewhat affordable. I passed on a 2005 coupe w/ 28K miles for $105K which I could have easily pulled the trigger on but my heart was set on an LP Spyder. The car is such a blast I don't even mind that it's paddles..... I still have a Mustang w/ a stick for those days I'm feeling it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
TT right off the bat.... yikes. What's your automotive 'DIY' level? Driven one of these yet? Here, watch and listen to what Matt Farah has to say about the T.T.'s vs. supercharging. He's my go-to for advice and he's an expert driver... I'm not ❗

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oh, the year of it never was addressed.... if it's an '05 like your name may suggest, then you might have to plan your route there first. If any of the engine management / wiring is still there you'd either have to plan on that setup or sell those parts and go LP. Doubtful R8 stuff will easily go there, get a whole R8 donor and you're set at least for running gear? I guess pricing and availability would really dictate that for you........... You got me thinking now. My current Mustang is so far beyond stock it's a pain in the ass. I'm kind of sick of it.... no traction, handles like crap (I guess I'm spoiled now), something always breaks. Just today the intercooler fans stopped working / 90 degree day. Maybe it's time to move on, sell it and buy an MR2 and do the Camry V6 swap with the supercharger like on the Lotus Evora and the Exige V6 (that you can't buy here in the states).....hmmmm :unsure: 400-450hp in an MR2 with a stickshift..... no need to be afraid to whip that around on a track

·
Registered
237 Posts
PM Sent but yes getting a salvage donor will alleviate a lot of headaches in the long run and help maintain expenses, individually sussing out engine, exterior panels etc can be a pain if having to obtain from multiple sources

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TT right off the bat.... yikes. What's your automotive 'DIY' level? Driven one of these yet? Here, watch and listen to what Matt Farah has to say about the T.T.'s vs. supercharging. He's my go-to for advice and he's an expert driver... I'm not ❗
I have built a few cars, most complex being a 18 wrx, took it from the showroom right to my buddys shop. 60k under the hood, complete tear down and rebuild, cryo treated parts, custom parts, first ever parts, bored, stroked, precision turbo, water meth stand alone engine management and fuel management. Car made a very solid very drivable 598 whp. My favourite part being HkS silenced exhaust. Car didn’t make a peep until you broke 3500-4000, then it sounded like the gates of hell had opened.

I hadn’t realized there was a SC system available. To this point Lamborghini has always been out reach so for my own sanity I’ve kept my research to a minimum. I think a SC would feel better suited to a bull than a TT. More brute less finesse. That seems like the better option to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, the year of it never was addressed.... if it's an '05 like your name may suggest, then you might have to plan your route there first. If any of the engine management / wiring is still there you'd either have to plan on that setup or sell those parts and go LP. Doubtful R8 stuff will easily go there, get a whole R8 donor and you're set at least for running gear? I guess pricing and availability would really dictate that for you........... You got me thinking now. My current Mustang is so far beyond stock it's a pain in the ass. I'm kind of sick of it.... no traction, handles like crap (I guess I'm spoiled now), something always breaks. Just today the intercooler fans stopped working / 90 degree day. Maybe it's time to move on, sell it and buy an MR2 and do the Camry V6 swap with the supercharger like on the Lotus Evora and the Exige V6 (that you can't buy here in the states).....hmmmm :unsure: 400-450hp in an MR2 with a stickshift..... no need to be afraid to whip that around on a track
I have a buddy who is sitting on two running S6s with 5.2s in them. I could likely have both of them for the price of one LP. A brief amount of home work says the large differences being the valve train, intake, and dry sump. My brain thinks, if I am rebuilding it, perhaps I would be able to stretch my dollars further by starting with one of these blocks first! Obviously a tt or an sc system is going to replace the intake regardless, and a little head work would compliment either avenue.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 5.0 engines are a fair bit different in the oiling system and being direct injection rather than port, intake manifolds aren't usually changed but Titan Motorsports, AMS and few others offer billet upgrades but for sure the 5.2 is a better platform to build from, though the 5.0 sounds nicer.

I'd love to do an early GT3 clone with a built engine, but they don't look as wild as the later Trofeo and FLII Trofeo cars, but their bumpers are compatible.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have built a few cars, most complex being a 18 wrx, took it from the showroom right to my buddys shop. 60k under the hood, complete tear down and rebuild, cryo treated parts, custom parts, first ever parts, bored, stroked, precision turbo, water meth stand alone engine management and fuel management. Car made a very solid very drivable 598 whp. My favourite part being HkS silenced exhaust. Car didn’t make a peep until you broke 3500-4000, then it sounded like the gates of hell had opened.

I hadn’t realized there was a SC system available. To this point Lamborghini has always been out reach so for my own sanity I’ve kept my research to a minimum. I think a SC would feel better suited to a bull than a TT. More brute less finesse. That seems like the better option to me.

YESSIR❗ Well it sounds like you're on the right track to having some serious Fun.... really got me thinking again too. Nothing better than some sick car you built yourself, let alone a Lambo...❗

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YESSIR❗ Well it sounds like you're on the right track to having some serious Fun.... really got me thinking again too. Nothing better than some sick car you built yourself, let alone a Lambo...❗
I’m so excited, so many people on here have been so generous! There has been some beautiful parts offered with crazy discounts that I still can’t afford! I appreciate all of you so much!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts