Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Having bought a 91 diablo with the Napa cap on it, I have no way to reference where the 6 holes should be drilled. Anyone have a good picture where to drill the holes?

Thanks
Greg:

When did you get a Diablo? Or, did I know that and just loosing my mind? ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Iam in the process of replacing my coils with napa parts. After looking at both coils, I do notice that the original ones have a extra part to them. Are these transferable or should I replace both pieces. Does anyone know what the extra part in the back of the coil is for and what it is called. Part #?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great thread.
I tried to buy some parts from NAPA online for my Diablo, but the site rejected the transaction because they sell only inside the United States.
Can someone in the States help in this matter?
I need someone to buy the parts for me then ship them by mail to my address in Saudi Arabia & I will pay him by PayPall.
Big thanks in advance.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Why not purchase them online and have them shipped to someone on the forum, then they can ship them to you without having to worry if you are going to pay them? Either that or send money via Paypal before hand.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Having bought a 91 diablo with the Napa cap on it, I have no way to reference where the 6 holes should be drilled. Anyone have a good picture where to drill the holes?

Thanks
This is what happens when you don't drill the holes after two weeks of driving in the summer.

Attachments

G

·
There must be some other problem with your car to have that happen.
I am doing an engine job on a 91 Diablo right now and the cap looks perfect, no holes drilled anywhere. Engine starts right up and runs super.
I also have owned many Jag V12 cars using the same cap, never drilled holes anywhere.
I have seen this done on race car engines, and maybe there is something to doing that, but again I have never seen any reason to do it, race car or street car.
Chadbourn Bolles
803 532 6257 h
803 798 3044 cell
864 243 1951 cell
[email protected]

This is what happens when you don't drill the holes after two weeks of driving in the summer.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
When I was told to drill holes in the cap, I also had doubts, so I called Magneti Marelli. They told me the cap they sold to Lamborghini for my model year should have holes and the Jaguar cap should not. I suspect my problem was due to climate. After going through two caps, the third I drilled the holes and the problem never occurred again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll back you on this, I went through 3 caps and dilling the holes on the fourth has fixed the problem!

All three of my caps worked perfect for awhile than failed.
There must be some other problem with your car to have that happen.
I am doing an engine job on a 91 Diablo right now and the cap looks perfect, no holes drilled anywhere. Engine starts right up and runs super.
I also have owned many Jag V12 cars using the same cap, never drilled holes anywhere.
I have seen this done on race car engines, and maybe there is something to doing that, but again I have never seen any reason to do it, race car or street car.
Chadbourn Bolles
803 532 6257 h
803 798 3044 cell
864 243 1951 cell
[email protected]

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you guys need help trying to source more parts through NAPA feel free to send me an email at [email protected] Please include as much information as possible, and I will see if it is something that can be sourced through one of our suppliers, or if there is something close that might work, and get some part numbers.... no promises though.

I'm not sure what the issue with international shipping is on the website. I assume there are problems trying to automatically calculate shipping, as this is typically set up through UPS and international rates with them are ridiculous. I would advise sending an email with your order info and address to see if they can get the order set up for you. If that does not work let me know and I will forward the issue to the appropriate sources.

We did recently acquire a supplier for US import parts for oe type dealers. Visit ALTROM - OEM Import Auto Parts for more info. If one of these suppliers listed is an producer of a part for one of these cars it should be able to be sourced as long as they still make it. We also have access to Bosch, Delphi, Denso, NGK, NTK, and many many others. This doesn't mean that you can walk into a store and they will have it or that it will pop up online. Some legwork might be required to find the part and get it ordered, or it might just not be available.

The NAPA Echlin Engine Management Products (ie cap rotor coils discussed in this thread) are sourced through Standard Motor Products and are good quality stuff. I wouldn't put something from Zone on my wifes Civic let alone a Lambo, but thats just me. Especially coils... they don't always just stop working when there done, they can take some other stuff out with them if they go on the fritz.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts