Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Indeed, STS confirmed. Big aero, 2WD, lighter version and 670HP...very limited,way more expensive and hard to get...but last of the last V10 non hybrid. Spoke to a test driver from Lambo 2 weeks ago during a track day in Italy. He drove the mule and this STS will be The thing to own, drive and keep forever. Let’s stay tuned but some dealers are already keeping an informal list of pre-orders so that when the factory makes the announcement, they will be ready to move fast (without guarantee though)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Indeed, STS confirmed. Big aero, 2WD, lighter version and 670HP...very limited,way more expensive and hard to get...but last of the last V10 non hybrid. Spoke to a test driver from Lambo 2 weeks ago during a track day in Italy. He drove the mule and this STS will be The thing to own, drive and keep forever. Let’s stay tuned but some dealers are already keeping an informal list of pre-orders so that when the factory makes the announcement, they will be ready to move fast (without guarantee though)
Yep...basically already "confirmed", rumor is persistent...2WD, lighter, limited (not more than 300-500) and very expensive.
A friend called it the "unicorn" of the current Huracan generation but I have to admit I am more than happy that I got my new(!) Performante in time.
The Performante "successor" STS maybe be lighter and more desirable as a collectible but it lacks AWD (important for me) and it will be way more expensive.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep...basically already "confirmed", rumor is persistent...2WD, lighter, limited (not more than 300-500) and very expensive.
A friend called it the "unicorn" of the current Huracan generation but I have to admit I am more than happy that I got my new(!) Performante in time.
The Performante "successor" STS maybe be lighter and more desirable as a collectible but it lacks AWD (important for me) and it will be way more expensive.
You're not alone in this boat. Myself I really appreciate the AWD of the Performante and the lack of it rules out the future STS for me.

This is a pretty awesome situation. The HP successor will be more hardcore, faster, super awesome, even more limited and probably more expensive, and cater to a certain audience while the Performante will still have its place and price point, representing perhaps the pinnacle of AWD Huracans. Time will tell.

I'm curious how they are going to squeeze an additional 30 HP out of the N/A V10.

·
Registered
577 Posts
This sounds promising, more so if they leave off 4wheel steering and the touch screen. But my guess is they will only be offered in a coupe so no more topless driving.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,577 Posts
This sounds promising, more so if they leave off 4wheel steering and the touch screen. But my guess is they will only be offered in a coupe so no more topless driving.
I would love RWD, but I am looking toward a soft top so probably not going to happen for me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can understand your wish for leaving out the touch screen (which won't happen IMO), but can you explain why you don't want 4wheel steering? I thought the latter is advantageous?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dealer is saying the same things mentioned in this post about the STS. He emphaized the STS will be VERY limited, in fact he told me straight up that they might only get 1 car.

He also mentioned Lamborghini now has an internal grading system similar to Ferrari/Porsche where they grade customers on how many new cars they purchased, Ad Personam, how events you attended and comments from the dealer so allocation will be based on that and your relationship with your dealer. Fingers crossed I get a shot to buy one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer is saying the same things mentioned in this post about the STS. He emphaized the STS will be VERY limited, in fact he told me straight up that they might only get 1 car.

He also mentioned Lamborghini now has an internal grading system similar to Ferrari/Porsche where they grade customers on how many new cars they purchased, Ad Personam, how events you attended and comments from the dealer so allocation will be based on that and your relationship with your dealer. Fingers crossed I get a shot to buy one.
Yep...it seems that dealers have an internal grading system now and your relationship with the dealer is essential because Lamborghini "asks" them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep...it seems that dealers have an internal grading system now and your relationship with the dealer is essential because Lamborghini "asks" them.
Rough. Not a fan of this kind of policy but they can do whatever they want.
Hopefully it only applies to limited cars like this, and not to their non-limited cars. If I had to "apply" to get a Performante, I'd may have been denied (first time buyer w/o history with lamborghini).

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
So there never has a 2wd Huracan yet, have they? And this may be it?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Latest news by a good source is that the STO ( Super Trofeo Olga ) is complete and being tested and should be out late next year. It will have a radical body kit, possibly more extreme than the GT3 race car ( hard to imagine ) and should be very limited. Time will tell. If anyone has other news please advise...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^
Haven't heard anything new but I am attending Quail and the Lambo lounge party on Friday so maybe I'll see if I can find any info from the Lambo suits.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts