Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are potentially replacing our Gen 2 R8 Spyder with a MY22 Huracan Evo Spyder. My biggest concern is the visibility with the top down.

The R8 has near perfect visibility over the left and right shoulders when changing lanes. There are blind spots, but they aren't horrible. And the rear view mirror is a decent size.

I test drove the Evo Spyder and the visibility was poor. Not only is the rear view mirror tiny and worthless, but the blind spots appeared to be large and made it tough to change lanes (yes - even looking over shoulders). I had the seat up as high as I could, but I am wondering if I am missing something. And yes, I did set the mirrors correctly.

Maybe it was because I was test driving a brand new car and felt uncomfortable? Please share your feedback regarding the visibility. I am unable to rent a Huracan Evo Spyder and test driving does not give me the seat time/experience. So I need to rely on you current Evo Spyder owners.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
I am on my 4th Huracan Spyder and I have never had a problem with viability. It did take me some time to get the side mirrors adjusted properly but I am quite comfortable now. The rear visability is poor but that is a tradeoff that I am glad to accept. Don't worry about it as you will adjust fine once you get some miles under you belt.

·
Registered
504 Posts
From when I rode sport motorcycles - If your traveling the fastest you have no need to know who is behind you. Same for changing lanes. Pass the car in the lane next to you and then change lanes. I never understood why people hit the brakes to change a lane.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I have never owned a Spyder but the Coupe visibility is not optimal, and in fact, it sucks. I wish they had elected to add lane change assist.

Reactions: L&M76

·
Registered
385 Posts
We are potentially replacing our Gen 2 R8 Spyder with a MY22 Huracan Evo Spyder. My biggest concern is the visibility with the top down.

The R8 has near perfect visibility over the left and right shoulders when changing lanes. There are blind spots, but they aren't horrible. And the rear view mirror is a decent size.

I test drove the Evo Spyder and the visibility was poor. Not only is the rear view mirror tiny and worthless, but the blind spots appeared to be large and made it tough to change lanes (yes - even looking over shoulders). I had the seat up as high as I could, but I am wondering if I am missing something. And yes, I did set the mirrors correctly.

Maybe it was because I was test driving a brand new car and felt uncomfortable? Please share your feedback regarding the visibility. I am unable to rent a Huracan Evo Spyder and test driving does not give me the seat time/experience. So I need to rely on you current Evo Spyder owners.

Thank you!
I own the R8 Spyder and EVO Spyder ... R8 visibility is way better, nothing wrong with your perception. All you can do is be extra careful when chaning lanes :-/

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I installed small rectangular blind spot mirrors at the upper outer margin of each of the side mirrors and find them very useful as the rear visibility of the coupe is atrocious.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
You need to set your mirrors wide enough that when cars start disappearing from the mirror they are already appearing next to your window
Exactly what I did, and I have no issues whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts

Thank you!
I think you should rely upon your experience with the test drive and not second guess yourself. Again, I own a EVO Coupe but without a doubt it is the worst with lateral visibility especially when changing lanes. You can make some adjustments with the mirrors but it would be profoundly misleading to suggest these Huracans' have good visibility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts