Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
47 Posts
If it would break the record for a SV-R, this would be the car to do it - fully restored by Lambo, race ready, perfect provenance, the most successful of them all with the greatest amount of wins, plus championships, full log books and folders upon folders of race data and historical papers between sponsors, team owners, drivers etc.
But realistically, I just want to get back what she owes me..
They won't be one better that is for sure, Out of interest do you think it could be imported back into Europe without taxes?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They won't be one better that is for sure, Out of interest do you think it could be imported back into Europe without taxes?
No idea about Europe and taxes (obviously each country would be different) but in Australia there is no import tax on race cars.

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
GQ wrote an article on her too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Auction just ended WAAAYY bellow reserve, so I guess I'll just keep her :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
What did it bid up to?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last I saw it was 244k AUD. Ande if you really want to sell I might recommend some USA based auction hoses and offer to handle importation for the end buyer (a process they don't generally well understand, but is easy for a car > 25 years old with paperwork). I might recommend RM or BaT.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
She's going to NY.

It finalised in post auction negotiations with a number of bidders .

Reactions: Davo456

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great news, guess a mixture of emotions on selling and getting a good price for her?
Yes, feeling a bit weird selling her, but then again, I haven't laid eyes on her since pre-covid as she's on the other side of the country.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,256 Posts
Congratulations on your sale in the end. By chance do you know if cars often tend to sell after the auction is closed like yours happened to do?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Congratulations on your sale in the end. By chance do you know if cars often tend to sell after the auction is closed like yours happened to do?
My apologies, I didn't see this. Yes, usually, top end cars sell after auctions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So it looks like I got suckered in by Mario Buindo. Well known scammer around the US car circles.

He's blown the sale off and left me holding the $2,500 PPI bill with Lambo Melbourne, after 6 weeks of bullshit excuses.

Quick Google search reveals this about him:

From 2015:
"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH IDEAL MOTORCARS, LLC/ MARIO BIUNDO (OWNER). HE STEALS MONEY FROM YOU. HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. I HAVE A COURT ORDERED MONEY JUDGEMENT AGAINST IDEAL MOTORCARS,LLC/MARIO BIUNDO. HE CONDUCTS BAD BUSINESS AND HE HAS MULTIPLE CASES AGAINST HIM AND HIS BUSINESS.
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH IDEAL MOTORCARS,LLC/MARIO BIUNDO."

From 2017:
"This is a very bad Company. I bought a Ferrari last year and i had to ask for about 4 months to get the Title. At the end I only got a registration document. Car was much worse than told, lot of untold rust, missing and broken parts, broken windows, missing mirrors, missing air box, etc etc. I told him i want to compensate that and he just told me car left with all parts, no broken windows and without rust.....It's a shame. At the end he would give me just 500 USD back but again waiting for months. Everytime he promises the same day but nothing for months now. Please don't do business with this company and Mario Biundo!!! He's really bad!"

Lawsuit against him for not paying for cars he took delivery for. 2016:

Another lawsuit for $520k. Ordered to pay it in 2016. He finally did in Jan 2021.

Another from 2015 for fraud.

Another one from 2016

2006:
"A man was arrested after he tried to sell a stolen Bentley, authorities said yesterday.
The incident began last Sunday, when a would-be buyer saw the expensive car advertised in a high-end magazine and made arrangements to meet the seller, Mario Biundo, 20, of Allentown, Pa., on Bay Street in Clifton, authorities said.
The would-be buyer then alerted the DA Detective Squad that Biundo wanted to sell him the 2005 Bentley for $57,000, about one-third of its book value.
The owner of the pricey vehicle had been unaware his car was stolen from a parking garage in Miami. It was unclear who stole the vehicle.
Biundo was arrested and charged with attempted grand larceny."

2016:
"M. Biundo, 33, of Allentown, Pennsylvania was arrested on July 16 and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle."

2018 sherriff seized property of his to recover rates.
POTTSGROVE SCHOOL DIST. -
entered municipal claims against:
Biundo, Mario; 201824357; $5,289.26

His IG is @scuderiafarms

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-28 at 2.23.03 AM.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Oh no, that is so uncool. There’s a special place in hell for petty thieves like this.

so, how did you end up paying for his PPI?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Oh no, that is so uncool. There’s a special place in hell for petty thieves like this.

so, how did you end up paying for his PPI?
He asked Lamborghini Melbourne to do the PPI. He never paid them and since I have had a very long relationship with them, I couldn't jeopardise that especially when they are not involved in the sale, so there is no financial benefit for them.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
You bring up an interesting point: how to transact a PPI for an out of town buyer without putting yourself in financial risk or reputational risk. Sorry to hear you got scammed. If $2,500 is all you lost, it could have been worse!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,339 Posts
That is really too bad. It seems you must always be on your guard.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts