Lamborghini Talk banner

My STO timeline from order submission to delivery

16K views 189 replies 41 participants last post by  Lambo2018 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is my STO timeline from order submission to delivery at the dealership. This thread is intended for those waiting on an STO order, and I will continue to update this timeline as dates become available (red). This thread is about the STO but, to endeavor to make it more global, it's likely relevant to all Huracans'. To date, the Lamborghini factory to has been humming along like a well-oiled machine notwithstanding supply chain challenges and the recent production hiccup.
  • Deposit/"Order Validated” on the 8th of December, 2021
  • Order Submitted on the 17th of January 2022 with a June* Allocation
  • In Production on the 2nd February
  • VIN Assigned on the 9th of May
  • Completed on the 28th of May
  • In Transport to Emden Port 13th June, departed Emden Port on the 5th of July
  • Unica App, "Tunnel of lights picture" appeared on the 13th of July
  • Arrived in Halifax Canada on the 14th of July at 09:03 UTC (draught ↓ from 9.5 to 9.2), departed for Baltimore on the 14th of July 20:31 UTC
  • Unica App, "Connect Your Car" on the 15th of July
  • Arrived Baltimore (Sparrows Point port) on the 18th of July (Only took 13 days from Emden port even with a stop at Halifax) (draught ↓ from 9.2 to 8.4)
  • Arrived at the Dealership the 25th of July (FYI, transport to the dealership is arranged/pre-arranged by Lamborghini not the dealership)
  • PDI Same day of arrival and takes about 4 to 6 hours
  • Delivery arranged for the 3rd of August/PPF application on the 4th of August (Suntek Ultra)
  • The 1:18 Model on the......TBD
  • STO Gloves on the.......TBD

*Completion date got bumped up from June to May

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is my STO timeline from order submission to delivery at the dealership. This thread is intended for those waiting on an STO order, and I will continue to update this timeline as dates become available. This thread is about the STO but, to endeavor to make it more global, it's likely relevant to all Huracans'. To date, the Lamborghini factory to has been humming along like a well-oiled machine notwithstanding supply chain challenges and the recent production hiccup.
  • EVO Completed on the 28th of May
  • Arrived in Halifax Canada 14th of July at 09:03 UTC (draught ↓ from 9.5 to 9.2), departed for the Baltimore on the 14th of July 20:31 UTC
  • Arrived Baltimore (Sparrows Point port) on the 18th of July (Only took 13 days from Emden port even with a stop at Halifax) (draught ↓ from 9.2 to 8.4)
  • Arrived at the Dealership the 25th of July (FYI, transport to the dealership is arranged/pre-arranged by Lamborghini not the dealership)
  • Received the EVO 1:18 Model on the TBD

This needs to be fixed :D
Congratulations :)

Reactions: Lambo2018
#6 ·
Here is my STO timeline from order submission to delivery at the dealership. This thread is intended for those waiting on an STO order, and I will continue to update this timeline as dates become available. This thread is about the STO but, to endeavor to make it more global, it's likely relevant to all Huracans'. To date, the Lamborghini factory to has been humming along like a well-oiled machine notwithstanding supply chain challenges and the recent production hiccup.
  • Arrived in Halifax Canada on the 14th of July at 09:03 UTC (draught ↓ from 9.5 to 9.2), departed for Baltimore on the 14th of July 20:31 UTC
  • Received the 1:18 Model on the TBD

Happy for you!!!!

#11 ·

First and foremost, congratulations on getting an STO, for a while it appeared touch and go. You’re in for a huge shock compared to the EVO. By the way, I love your spec. Simple, but really classy looking. I think the Mars Red is one of the nicest reds out there (high praise coming from a guy who just received a Scuderia Rosso F8).

I admit to being perplexed and a bit jealous of the leather wheel. I was told it was not possible, it is about the only thing I would change about my STO.

#14 ·
Congratulations! Best color:)

#16 ·

What a beauty. Congrats!

Thanks for sharing the timeline. I will see how closely my Tecnica build aligns with that!

#19 ·

Thank you for posting this Albert.

#23 ·
Forgot to add, I placed my order in late Jan ‘21 and it arrived at the dealer in mid October, so 7-1/2 months to dealer. It was during Covid and I got most of the reveal, so pretty rapid delivery.

I know for a fact I jumped the line because I didn’t spec a lot of CF. No regrets.

By comparison, my F8 Spider took 16 months to make it to the dealer, in line with their estimate of 16-18 months.

#28 ·
Thanks, it should be pretty cool.

Wow Albert, it’s a reality! Looks gorgeous, I’ll bet you can’t wait to get behind the leather wheel of that beast. I will be excited to hear your thoughts once you drive it.
Thanks Russ. I suspect it will meet and hopefully exceed my expectations but I will definitely give you my honest opinion.

#27 ·
Wow Albert, it’s a reality! Looks gorgeous, I’ll bet you can’t wait to get behind the leather wheel of that beast. I will be excited to hear your thoughts once you drive it.

#38 ·
Congratulations! I am thrilled to hear how quickly things moved along. It’s great knowing what others have experienced. That way I don’t bug my SA too much. I can’t say my experience has been anywhere near the level of yours. But this gives me hope!

Your spec looks great. Enjoy!

#44 ·
Actually I did notice that although things moved quickly the rate limiting step this go around was the transportation, and with everything that's going on it's understandable. In the case of my EVO, it went from submitted order to delivery in less than 5 months in spite of the August closure.
The STO is one of the most badass cars Lamborghini has produced. To my eyes, it looks so much better without mixing so many contrasting colors. That is a great spec Lambo2018, you must be pretty damn anxious to get it home.
Thank you. I personally love color and I agonized over whether to use a contrast color but finally decided less is more.

#41 ·

Just noticed the T - WoW - Just hot!
Congrats on this outstanding driving machine!
STO and EVO, the perfect combo!
Enjoy it in good health!

#46 ·
Congrats!!! Fast time line for sure!!
Are you planning to come down to visit the dealership or just arranging shipping from NC to TX? How long will the car be in Charlotte? I may swing by and check it out in person! STOs look even better in person than pics👍😎!
Also, still not sure how they're doing so, but Lambo Charlotte PUMPS out STOs like mad....everytime I stop by there seems to be multiple new ones on the showroom floor!

V.

#47 ·
Thanks. I am expecting to hear from Chase after he arranges delivery, and I am at the same time working on dates with my PPF installer so I won't know for sure its ETA to me until later today. Agree, Charlotte has sold a fair number of STOs' but I don't have an exact figure.
If you do swing by and take pictures pass them along. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.