Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of our cars the button panel and surround on my Murcielago was a sticky gummy mess.

So I sent them off to StickyNoMore to get re-done, I think the before and after pics speak for themselves but even more in person they look like they just came out of the factory today.

I paid for the expedited service, day one, I overnighted the parts, day two they did what they do and had them back on day three.

I highly recommend these guys, you will not be disappointed, I wasn't and I am an absolute perfectionist.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow! Those look great. What is the cost for the service? I'm assuming they can do any OEM buttons throughout the cabin?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,282 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Those look great. What is the cost for the service? I'm assuming they can do any OEM buttons throughout the cabin?

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. Yes they do all of the buttons you just have to remove them or have them removed. If you go to their site Stickynomore.com select the make and model and it will give you an idea on cost, but I contacted them with pics of what I wanted done and they gave me an exact quote.

For what I had done with the button panel and surround without the expedited service it was $370.00.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you. Yes they do all of the buttons you just have to remove them or have them removed. If you go to their site Stickynomore.com select the make and model and it will give you an idea on cost, but I contacted them with pics of what I wanted done and they gave me an exact quote.

For what I had done with the button panel and surround without the expedited service it was $370.00.
Did you also send them the center console buttons? Looks very nice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looking good.
Just a bit of a warning to others, do not buy new switches or plates from Lamborghini, have your old ones refurbished.
I went the route of putting in new switches a few years ago and within 12 to 18 months they were sticky again, (Thinking about it they were probably sitting in the factory warehouse for 5 to 10 years) I then went and had them renewed by a service and they are good if not better than new.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good.
Just a bit of a warning to others, do not buy new switches or plates from Lamborghini, have your old ones refurbished.
I went the route of putting in new switches a few years ago and within 12 to 18 months they were sticky again, (Thinking about it they were probably sitting in the factory warehouse for 5 to 10 years) I then went and had them renewed by a service and they are good if not better than new.
Thank you rb640hp. That's great advice and why I didn't just order new ones from Lamborghini.
By the way, which service did you use?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you rb640hp. That's great advice and why I didn't just order new ones from Lamborghini.
By the way, which service did you use?
I think it was the other service as SNM at the time didn't have the set up to do all of the switches that I wanted. The only ones that are not refurbished on mine are the side mirror switch and the over head light switches.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When I got my Murci all of the buttons were sticky and a few other parts needed refinishing. In particular was the hand brake handle, bezel for the left buttons like in this thread, and surround piece for the radio and climate control. I had these refinished and they now look perfect. Before they were a gooey sticky mess.

As for the buttons the soft touch coating on them is actually a clear and not part of the printed surface. I found that using great care and rubbing alcohol this coating can be removed without damaging the buttons or the markings on these buttons. Luckily I was able to get away with only refinishing some bezels and saved all the buttons.

If you are not so lucky then SickyRX is the place to go to. They will re-print your buttons by laser like new which is a service that Sticky No More does not have available.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I got my Murci all of the buttons were sticky and a few other parts needed refinishing. In particular was the hand brake handle, bezel for the left buttons like in this thread, and surround piece for the radio and climate control. I had these refinished and they now look perfect. Before they were a gooey sticky mess.

As for the buttons the soft touch coating on them is actually a clear and not part of the printed surface. I found that using great care and rubbing alcohol this coating can be removed without damaging the buttons or the markings on these buttons. Luckily I was able to get away with only refinishing some bezels and saved all the buttons.

If you are not so lucky then SickyRX is the place to go to. They will re-print your buttons by laser like new which is a service that Sticky No More does not have available.
I had only just found out about StickyRX. The next time I need this service I will look into them but at least for now I'm pretty happy with what StickyNoMore did. Thank you for the great tips, appreciate it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it was the other service as SNM at the time didn't have the set up to do all of the switches that I wanted. The only ones that are not refurbished on mine are the side mirror switch and the over head light switches.
I'm sure in time the rest of mine will need to be done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just giving Robbie Padgett another solid thumbs up. Great guy, does great work.

·
Registered
154 Posts
To remove the buttons you need to take off the cover on the side of the dash where the fuse panel is (accessible when the door is open). Once this panel is off remove the screws holding the fuse panel in place so that you can shift it out of the way. After there are 2 nuts holding the switch assembly in place. It is really tight in there and you'll need to work blind on one of the nuts but it is accessible. With the 2 nuts removed the assembly can be pulled out and the bezel can be separated from the group of buttons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts