Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked her up about 3 hours ago. It is Michael Fuschi's ex 1986 Downdraft QV, chassis #112989. The engine is so smooth and powerful it makes my ex 1981 Countach (which I loved), feel slow by comparison.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
John it looks great. Get us some more pictures when you get a chance. I believe we'd all love to see more!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I know the feeling - GREAT - my black/champagne was the one off the production line right before yours - GLA 12988 - enjoy and stay safe.

Alex

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats, best color combo possible for the CT! :hail:
Is it the same color white as your old CT, your old one looks a bit brighter but maybe thats due the weather...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'll post many more pictures later this week.

Alex, I've seen your car many times on the Lamborghini Registry, I love the color combination.

Diablo4ever, the color on this car is a pearl white, (Perlato Bianco), my other Countach was pure white.

I still can't believe that this particular Countach is now mine. About 4-5 years ago I was at the Concorso Italiano with the Lamborghini Club America and I struck up a conversation with a guy named Ted. Ted at that time worked for Al Burtoni's Milano Imports. I told him my dream Countach was a Euro Spec Downdraft QV, he said that he may know of one for sale and would call me at home the next week. When he called he said that a customer named Michael Fuschi had a pearl white one and may be willing to sell it for $125,000. Unfortunately at the time that was to deep for my pockets and I reluctantly had to pass. Now 4-5 years and three owners later it is sitting in my garage. I spent most of the night sitting in the garage just staring at it from all angles, it's just so damn beautiful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice

Ain't it a Great Feeling...I have had mine for 2 weeks tomorrow and know how you feel. I look in the garage every chance I get,and my wife says I still have that stupid smile.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
andyc said:
Ain't it a Great Feeling...I have had mine for 2 weeks tomorrow and know how you feel. I look in the garage every chance I get,and my wife says I still have that stupid smile.

As long as you have the car, you'll always have that "Stupid Smile", it never goes away. That is one of the great things about these cars. :D

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Am I wrong or isn't it the car which belonged to Tony recently?

It has the MSD installed, no wonder the car runs that good, every owner who got one from me would never ever give it back :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
raymond said:
Am I wrong or isn't it the car which belonged to Tony recently?

It has the MSD installed, no wonder the car runs that good, every owner who got one from me would never ever give it back :D
Yes Raymond, it did belong to Tony. I bought my first Countach from Tony about 2 1/2 years ago. Since the purchase Tony and I have kept in touch and struck up a phone friendship, so when he bought this car I asked him for the right of first refusal to buy it from him if he ever sold it. A couple of months later he had a great business opportunity arise and offered the car to me. I sold my 1981 LP400S to great Lambo nut who also owns a Miura S, and I bought this one. As I said in a previous post on this thread, this car was one I really wanted 4-5 years ago. It somehow, (called it fate, call it luck), ended up in Tony's hands and now mine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lambo89 said:
Congratulations! I too still have that stupid smile! Also have a Pearl White countach, '89 with red interior.
My wife is not a car person, but she does appreciate the design and hand built nature of the Countach. When she walks out to the garage and see's the look on my face, she giggles and shakes her head, all the while she is mumbling to herself about what an idiot I am. I tell her if you don't get it while it's sitting right in front of you, you never will. Personally I believe she just jealous. She can put a smile on my face, but not one that can last as long as the Countach.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lambo89 said:
John, both are wives are alike, most of the time I take the car out alone.
Same here. I usually get out at night after I put the wife and kids to bed. The roads are clear along with my stress.

By the way, your car looks fantastic. Post some more pics please.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts