Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! Well, the search is over :). After passing on two Gated LP640 cars over the last 6-months, this Balloon White 2007 E-Gear LP640 came up and was too good for me to pass on!!

Kevin (@KMY on the forums) sold me the car. We had been talking since November off-market, before he went ahead and put the car on consignment with Elite Motor Cars in San Francisco. I had been looking at a few cars and shot Kevin a text last week to check in with him to see if we could come to an agreement on his car, which we did. I have to say that Kevin is a total class act!! I would not hesitate to buy a car from him again (even without a PPI). Awesome guy with great taste, and he has more cool cars than Jay Leno! And he takes impeccable care of his stuff.

Alex (owner of Elite) helped facilitate the transaction - and he is now someone I am happy to call a friend. A true car guy (has owned his own LP640 for 5 years and just took delivery of an SVJ). He went above and beyond to make the day special and to provide top notch service. He even gave me a 1-hour on road EGear lesson (since all my cars have been Manual previously). Highly recommend anyone here to purchase from ELITE Motor Cars.

Kevin, the owner I purchased from, bought the car with 28,000 miles and at 30,000 miles he promptly did:
+Valve timing adjustment
+New Clutch
+New Throw out bearing
+Rear main seal
+Clutch sensor & Potentiometer
+Rear Motor mounts & brackets
+Replace Radiator hoses
+Replace all Drive Belts
+Starter motor
+Cams refinished
+New Pirelli Corsa tires
+New CV axle boots
+Plugs, fluids
+Alignment

So the car is literally BRAND NEW and ready to go for next 30K miles. And it is BONE STOCK. No mods. All service work was done by TED at Taromina Imports in SF, who is highly regarded on FChat and LPower. I spoke with him and he gave the car his blessing. I purchased the car from Kevin with 31,100 miles and have already put 700 miles on in just the first 3 days of ownership. I drove it from San Francisco to Beverly Hills (400 miles) and got it up to 147mph on the highway. It is SO SMOOTH at speed. Unbelievable machine. Took it down to Pelican Hill + Laguna Beach the next day and put another 200 miles on it zipping around, before taking it to the canyons to drive with some friends who have YouTube channels.

This car was previously owned by an awesome Lambo enthusiast named Kandy in San Fran. And before him it was owned by Shaun White!! Yes, that Shaun White. One of the coolest athletes on earth. I can feel the Olympic blood coursing through my arms each time I grab the wheel :D:D

The car is now with my friends Mark & Mitch at Avant Garde Xotics, who both looked it over and said they couldn't find one thing wrong with it after (except engine struts and door struts are only 60% strong, so we are replacing those). We are also doing a full straight-pipe setup on the car, to achieve the Kreissieg sound (just without a valved system, since valves tend to go bad and rattle). AGX previously did Brian (BlkPrez's) Murci straight pipes and they sound was amazing, but the system was 3-inch diameter so the tone was slightly deeper than I like. We are going to go 2.5-inch to achieve the best pitch. But basically, the same insane setup as this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfcORENFLZz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtEtC1iFOde/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Exterior, I will keep exactly as is. Just plain classy. Just adding wheel spacers to the rear wheels.

I AM ON CLOUD 9 with this car. My dream car since I was 12. I'm now 29. Can't believe this is real life. Wow wow wow.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful car! I'm hoping to add an LP640 E-gear as my next Lambo as well :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats my fist LP640 was balloon white on red....such a nice color.
My LP670SV is straight piped to exhaust. Sounds epic. Enjoy!

Sent from my LP670SV

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys!! Appreciate the kind words.

@GrayFoxMGS Do it for sure my man! I was too critical of the E-Gear system in the past. Judged it before trying it. Go drive one. It is still pretty involved and VERY fun. Might make the car more useable day-to-day (since it is a wide car and need to concentrate when driving, especially driving fast). If you understand manual (clutch engagement), you can reduce clutch wear and operate it smoothly at low speeds.

I will eventually look to add a Gated Murcielago as well, or add an E-Gear LP670 (Like @plastique999's gorgeous Bull) :)

God, we are all so blessed these cars were designed & built, and that we get to enjoy them :D

·
Registered
888 Posts

@GrayFoxMGS Do it for sure my man! I was too critical of the E-Gear system in the past. Judged it before trying it. Go drive one. It is still pretty involved and VERY fun. Might make the car more useable day-to-day (since it is a wide car and need to concentrate when driving, especially driving fast). If you understand manual (clutch engagement), you can reduce clutch wear and operate it smoothly at low speeds.

I will eventually look to add a Gated Murcielago as well, or add an E-Gear LP670 (Like @plastique999's gorgeous Bull) :)

God, we are all so blessed these cars were designed & built, and that we get to enjoy them :D
My Gallardo is E-gear and I LOVE IT! Single clutches are a bit of a bear in town but like ya said, it's not bad once you're used to it. Wide open throttle shifts are an absolute blast

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! I had driven a gated PreLP Murci and an LP640 egear and the LP640 egear was just as much fun to drive and looked better. I still had a gated Gallardo for 5 months while I had the Murci and I never ended up driving the Gallardo in comparison. I dont think youll miss having a gated car with that beautiful bull in the stable

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats brother, I need to make it out to LA with mine so we can link up

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Absolutely stunning - always a great feeling finding a GEM that was a dream car!

Enjoy and post up more pictures car is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
So that's a bone stock exhaust with no mods to the cats, muffler, or valves?

It sounds pretty healthy for bone stock.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the car :D

Congrats on the purchase! I had driven a gated PreLP Murci and an LP640 egear and the LP640 egear was just as much fun to drive and looked better. I still had a gated Gallardo for 5 months while I had the Murci and I never ended up driving the Gallardo in comparison. I dont think youll miss having a gated car with that beautiful bull in the stable
Thank you brother! I totally agree. I am loving the EGear and just gave it flack before trying it. The LP640 is just a perfect car no matter what drivetrain it has.

I always had a passion for the Murci, but Gallardo was perfect warmup car (/intro to exotics). I will literally always have a Murci in the garage the rest of my life (God willing). :D:D

Congrats brother, I need to make it out to LA with mine so we can link up
Are you in AZ? I am moving there from Chicago :) -- Car is just in LA while straight pipes are installed!

Absolutely stunning - always a great feeling finding a GEM that was a dream car!

Enjoy and post up more pictures car is gorgeous.
Thank you man, I will post more soon =). I have a bunch of good ones. :whip:

So that's a bone stock exhaust with no mods to the cats, muffler, or valves?

It sounds pretty healthy for bone stock.
Yes, totally bone stock. @guttersnake (Mark at Avant Garde) got under it and couldn't believe it. Said it must be the only bone stock LP640 on earth haha

I think it sounds awesome too! Just need to let her breathe and get that big suitcase of an exhaust outta the rear end!

·
Vendor
1,415 Posts
Are you in AZ? I am moving there from Chicago /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif -- Car is just in LA while straight pipes are installed!
Congrats on the new addition! I've seen your Gallardo in Chicago so I hope to see the Murci around the Phoenix area. I just moved here from Chicago as well.

-Chris

·
Registered
287 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the club, she’s a beauty!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new addition! I've seen your Gallardo in Chicago so I hope to see the Murci around the Phoenix area. I just moved here from Chicago as well.

-Chris
Thanks Chris! Appreciate it. I miss the G and those flames it shot :headbang:

Will definitely link up with you once I get out to Scottsdale soon!

Congrats, welcome to the club, she’s a beauty!
Thanks Kevin. Your car is a real stunner!!

Awesome score! The balloon white really shows the lines of the M! Enjoy with pride!
Thanks @DucFiend. I totally agree, shows of the curves very well! Top three colors for me on this car are Balloon White, Arancio Atlas and Monterey Blue. So glad I was able to make this one happen :D

WAY TO GO. Congratulations on a winner there.

So jealous of a stick V12 drool.
Thanks buddy! Loved all my stuff from you guys on the G.

Unfortunately, this car is not stick / gated! But I am absolutely loving the egear and was too quick to judge the transmission before. So much fun to drive, and so much drama in this car.

Can't wait for my straight pipes to get finished up here!! :rolling:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts