Lamborghini Talk banner

My Murci just died

4K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  pdisme 
#1 ·

Battery?

#11 ·
It's also good info to look at the voltage when the engine is off so the alternator is not charging the battery. If you turn the headlights and/or AC fan on, and the voltage starts dropping very rapidly, then that's a sign your battery is bad and won't hold a charge over time.

#14 ·
What a beauty! Glad you got it sorted. I wouldn’t so much keep letting it drain to “see” if it creates problems. Keep it on a charger to keep the battery as healthy as possible. When it starts to act up, change it. These cars get wonky when they aren’t getting good juice.

#17 · (Edited)
Ok, Murci died again after only 48 hours off the tender with the battery still reading 11+ voltage, but unable to start the car. Called Lambo Dallas and they have no record of the battery ever being replaced. So goodness, I could be dealing with an original battery here. I’ve replaced batteries before. I know this is a harder one to get to but I assume the process is the same. Any advice? I’ll also need to get a proper low profile jack (any suggestions?), the right battery (which one?), and then a proper torque wrench to get the wheel off and back on (any favorite?). Might as well get my DIY kit together.

many advice would be appreciated.

#18 ·
Ok, Murci died again after only 48 hours off the tender with the battery still reading 11+ voltage, but unable to start the car. Called Lambo Dallas and they have no record of the battery ever being replaced. So goodness, I could be dealing with an original battery here. I’ve replaced batteries before. I know this is a harder one to get to but I assume the process is the same. Any advice? I’ll also need to get a proper low profile jack (any suggestions?), the right battery (which one?), and then a proper torque wrench to get the wheel off and back on (any favorite?). Might as well get my DIY kit together.

many advice would be appreciated.
Scroll down on this thread. I posted some pics and advice on getting access to battery

#24 ·
Sweet ride!

Just curious… why is the car jacked up so high?
Whenever I do things that don’t require access to beneath the car, I only jack it about 1/2” off the ground. Places less stress on everything. Prevents car from rolling forward. If car falls prevents further damage, etc.

#29 ·
They probably checked, but just wanted to mention that I'd gone the Interstate battery route twice on my '03 (have had it 12 years) and two times the Interstate batteries have ended up gassing around the positive post and slowly destroying the positive battery clamp from the underside. This unfortunately means it is not always obvious until you go to wrench on it and the mushy mess crumbles, or it leaves you stranded because it breaks on its own. The battery harness is cheap on bullstuff but it connects back to a fuse on the rear side of the firewall separating engine from passenger compartment, so it's a bitch to replace unless you have the car on a lift and the panels removed. After the second time I went back to $$ OEM battery, but it will probably take a few years to know if that will behave any differently. I couldn't find a compatible Optima battery that would work; I really love their redtop's, I just put the second one in my Gallardo when the first finally died after seven years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.