Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20 days ago I was driving home from a dealership about an hour from my house. It was dry out and life was good. 45min later my car was totaled and I was, for the most part, unscathed. The lower back pain from the fall has seemed to subside...

I was caught in the rain less than 2 miles from my house, hydroplaned off the pavement, hit the wet grass, spun, flew off a 5' embankment and into trees. The carbon fiber portion of the passenger structure prevented the trees from folding my car like an empty coke can. As for why the airbags didn't deploy, I can only guess it's because I didn't come to a sudden stop. I was spinning and hitting objects and didn't have a passenger. I'm guessing if I had a passenger, the seat weight sensor would have caused the side curtain and side seat bag to deploy. We will never know. If anyone at Lamborghini is reading this, thank you for building a safe car.

Out of all the exotics I've owned, this one had the best reliability, chassis feedback, sound, soul, and exhilaration one could hope for. I loved this car and now she's gone. Most people have asked be how pissed I was when I got out of the car but the only thing I cared about was my wife at home and how I'm still here on earth for her. At the end of the day, it's just a manmade object that's replaceable.

As for the future I'm going to invest the payout $ and revisit supercars later in life. They were beginning to feel "normal" and I didn't like that. We also just found out we are expecting our first child after trying for a year so it's in my best interest to grow the $ and buy another when our kid is old enough to ride in it and appreciate it. I would have made more money if I had the chance to list the car for sale…like 25K more, which does suck, but nothing I can do about that.

Speaking of payout, my insurance co is taking their sweet ass time. I have an agreed value policy so they have to pay me the full amount but 20+ days is uncalled for. I'll update this thread as details unfold. Thanks for all the great times here fellas!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
First Adam glad to hear you are alright but man from the looks of the Huracan I can say it probably did save your life. Do you have "car replacement" coverage were they give you 20% over the appraised (pre-accident) value?
As far as these supercars starting to feel "normal" if we are being honest on this forum we would all have to agree.
Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family..........that helps put all this car stuff good and bad in perspective.
I hope you continue to contribute to the forum, and 2021 will be a great year for you, your wife and child. Hang tough! (y)

Reactions: NFA Review Channel

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
OMG! I am still in shock. Don't know what to say, but I am so sorry to see and hear what happened to you. All I can offer is, you have many friends here who certainly can empathize with you. Am I just glad there was no loss of life and will live to have a better day ahead.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First Adam glad to hear you are alright but man from the looks of the Huracan I can say it probably did save your life. Do you have "car replacement" coverage were they give you 20% over the appraised (pre-accident) value?
As far as these supercars starting to feel "normal" if we are being honest on this forum we would all have to agree.
Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family..........that helps put all this car stuff good and bad in perspective.
I hope you continue to contribute to the forum, and 2021 will be a great year for you, your wife and child. Hang tough! (y)
I have an agreed value policy set at 175K. With the market being higher now than when I bought it, I wonder If I can get more out of them...

OMG! I am still in shock. Don't know what to say, but I am so sorry to see and hear what happened to you. All I can offer is, you have many friends here who certainly can empathize with you. Am I just glad there was no loss of life and will live to have a better day ahead.
Yeah I was lucky for sure. I went though a FDOT fence and could hav been impailed.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I have an agreed value policy set at 175K. With the market being higher now than when I bought it, I wonder If I can get more out of them...
One thought, it may not fly but, have your dealership do a market analysis of the value of your car pre-accident taking into consideration all the variables i.e. upgrades, mileage.........and you just put band new tires on as well. Then submit that to your adjuster and see if that can help get a better settlement.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Good point @surfah. Life is so tenuous it can slip away in the blink of an eye. Life is precious and we are all so vulnerable.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Always scared to see these accidents but certainly happy you got out unscathed.
Congratulations on your future newborn, God really wanted him/her to have a healthy father so that’s a miracle for both of you!
Enjoy the baby, as cliche as it sounds, they grow up so fast. They’ll be driving the super car with you someday in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm looking forward to bringing him or her to a dealership in the future to buy a car we can both enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm looking forward to bringing him or her to a dealership in the future to buy a car we can both enjoy!
When you "upgrade" your family will it be......................................a Boy or a Girl? ;)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I would buy lottery tickets
Congratulations on the addition to the family
When my Diablo was totaled years ago I waited three
Months for my payout.
Insurance companies are kings of the stall.
While they wait, interest is accumulating on your payout so their distribution becomes “effectively “ less.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would buy lottery tickets
Congratulations on the addition to the family
When my Diablo was totaled years ago I waited three
Months for my payout.
Insurance companies are kings of the stall.
While they wait, interest is accumulating on your payout so their distribution becomes “effectively “ less.
Update: Car is deemed a total loss. In FL, they have 20 days to pay me out after a total loss. For every day they stall, they owe me 12%APR on my payout.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Update: Car is deemed a total loss. In FL, they have 20 days to pay me out after a total loss. For every day they stall, they owe me 12%APR on my payout.
Sorry again about the accident but at least quick resolution is imminent. (y)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The following is for sale:

1. OEM Lamborghini Huracan tricolore upgraded floor mats. $399 Shipped (I paid $550 at dealer)
These were are approx 3 months old. Clean, and 99.99% condition.
They could pass for new.

2. Lamborghini OEM Charger (2017 date) $199 Shipped

3. OEM Tool Bags: ALL NEW UNUSED. Leather gloves, tire kit, tools, and added Gold Ti T80 Torx for wheel removal. $249 Shipped
(The T80 alone cost me $80 IIRC)

For quickest response email me at [email protected]
If someone wants to buy the entire lot I'll cut you a bulk price deal.
First come first serve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.