Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I been lurking on the forum for quite some time now, but recently got my hands on a gated preLP not too long ago.

Giallo Midas
Tubi exhaust
3k miles on New clutch
1 owner for past 10 years
With all service records
Replaced steering rack and pinion just before I took over.

Everything checked out and with only 1 mechanic for past 10 years who touched the G.

However, after having to jump start the car after the battery got drained led my dash to light up like a Christmas tree.
Check engine, Airbag, ABS and Traction control lights all light up so now gonna get all the codes cleared.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello all,

I been lurking on the forum for quite some time now, but recently got my hands on a gated preLP not too long ago.

Giallo Midas
Tubi exhaust
3k miles on New clutch
1 owner for past 10 years
With all service records
Replaced steering rack and pinion just before I took over.

Everything checked out and with only 1 mechanic for past 10 years who touched the G.

However, after having to jump start the car after the battery got drained led my dash to light up like a Christmas tree.
Check engine, Airbag, ABS and Traction control lights all light up so now gonna get all the codes cleared.

View attachment 292504
View attachment 292506 View attachment 292508
Looks great! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Welcome to the party! Congrats! Be sure to keep it on a trickle charger.

Reactions: Gated666

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the party! Congrats! Be sure to keep it on a trickle charger.
Better late then never but happy to have finally arrived!

Car actually came with a trickle charger attached to battery and wired with the plug end sitting underneath the Headlight washer flap :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Beautiful car!

I agree with the others, keep it on a battery tender like the others suggested. I would guess that is what the car came with vs. trickle charger; the difference is that the tender charges/discharges the battery in a cycle.

Most are rebranded C-TEKs

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful car!

I agree with the others, keep it on a battery tender like the others suggested. I would guess that is what the car came with vs. trickle charger; the difference is that the tender charges/discharges the battery in a cycle.

Most are rebranded C-TEKs
Thank you!

I opened up the trunk to check and it is in fact a C-TEK battery tender! Now its all set and plugged in.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pics, I have the same charger but it is not wired inside like yours is. Does the cord tend to get lost up under the headlight? It’s a great idea and allows you to keep it on a tender without constantly having to open the front hood.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for sharing those pics, I have the same charger but it is not wired inside like yours is. Does the cord tend to get lost up under the headlight? It’s a great idea and allows you to keep it on a tender without constantly having to open the front hood.

The cord is actually quite snug up where head light washer is. The gap is pretty tight so the outlet stays put so it's always where I left it when I flip open the flap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts