Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gallardo for a while now has been experiencing a bit of back and forth play on the shifter (manual 04). I assume its the bushing on its way out and just my luck, i the car breaks down on my way home just yesterday with the linkage between the shifter and the control cable completely disconnected.

Today i am under the car, working away enjoying the DIY. I get enough disassembled so i am able to get to the cast box housing the shifter assembly and the linkage and i manage to get it back together and functioning until my new bushing arrives.

HERE IS THE ISSUE...

I can select all gears except first, all gears 100% engage and function including reverse but in no way will it select first and engage.

1. any idea if its possible i both blew first gear AND my bushing at the exact same moment

2. Where can i find a new bushing/gearbox parts/ are the interchangeable with any audi parts.

Ive done so much research my brain is no longer co-operating with me so id love some help here!

Merry christmas!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
*bump*

This is quite an interesting issue, Merrkatmichael! :confused:
I have a couple theories, but I'm not really a "car guy" and it's probably better that someone with more experience chimes in...BTW, can you drive the car by going straight to 2nd by "playing" the clutch?
I look forward to seeing what the real problem is (mechanically) as well as the solution to it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
So, what exactly happens when you select 1st gear? Or does it not want to go into the slot at all as if something is blocking it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a similar issue on a Ferrari with a rod linkage to the gearbox. Here I did not have the shifter aligned correctly in the gate and it was fouling trying to go into first. It looked like it should go in the slot in the gate but would not move into position. Loosening and realigning the linkage according to the specs cured the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry everybody for the late reply, its christmas over here in Australia so i have been a touch busy!

So good news, problem is solved!!!

when everything is dissembled the shifter will give you the impression you are engaging first gear (up and to the left...) but actually you completely miss it. When i assembled the gated plate everything engaged perfectly and she is running again :)

So all is good except for DIY fix on the bushing until i can get a new one. I still have absolutely no idea how to find such a specific part. Im after a bushing on the shifter linkage end, not the gearbox end and ill i can find is fake good ads.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sorry everybody for the late reply, its christmas over here in Australia so i have been a touch busy!

when everything is dissembled the shifter will give you the impression you are engaging first gear (up and to the left...) but actually you completely miss it. When i assembled the gated plate everything engaged perfectly and she is running again :)

So all is good except for DIY fix on the bushing until i can get a new one. I still have absolutely no idea how to find such a specific part. Im after a bushing on the shifter linkage end, not the gearbox end and ill i can find is fake good ads.
I'm glad to hear that everything worked itself out. Merry Christmas! :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Glad to hear that you figured it out Meerkatmichael! As for that bushing you need, I would call Glen at AMH. If he can't find it, then it's probably almost impossible to get.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Hi mate, this is my exact problem...can you tell me how to remove the shifter and fix the free play please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts