Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I finally got around to getting an upgraded exhaust and decided to go with a @Fabspeed Motorsport X pipe for my LP and WOW what a difference it makes. After driving with the new exhaust I was literally sad that I didn't upgrade earlier hahaha. Cold starts sound amazing and the entire rev range sounds so much better than stock, especially at full throttle. Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't drone while cruising at lower RPM ranges on the highway (unlike the stock exhaust). Everyone at Fabspeed were easy to work with and were happy to answer all my questions. The guys at my shop said fitment was great and didn't require any modifications. The youtube videos Fabspeed has for their Gallardo exhausts truly don't do them justice. All I can say is that you'll be hard pressed to find a better sounding exhaust for your G. Going through a few gears in a tunnel will leave you smiling from ear to ear :D

While my car was also in the shop I went ahead and had Michellin PS4S's installed on all corners and had the front side indicators swapped to the white euro spec lenses. The orange US spec ones contrasted too much with the big red calipers. I think I might tint the white lenses just a little bit so it blends in with the black paint a bit but we'll see. Now my car is officially "done" with upgrades as far as I can tell. Lets just hope this nice Ohio weather holds out so I can get a few more weeks of driving in!

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I didn't get the value system. I wanted mine to operate like the normal exhaust where they open automatically above 3,500rpm and not have to worry about opening/closing them manually or losing the remote :LOL:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u shld have, honestly. The exhaust scream when the valves are opened (for the valved system), is at another level.
I should clarify. My exhaust does have the valved system, I just dont have the remote to manually open/close them. It operates like the stock exhaust and automatically opens above 3,500rpm and trust me, it absolutely screams haha.

Interesting, any chance of a video? Any pops/bangs?
If the Ohio weather holds out and I can find a buddy to record with a good camera/mic setup one of these days, sure! As for pops and crackles, they more pronounced compared to stock when downshifting at 3k rpm or so. It isn't nearly as much pops and crackles compared to the early Huracans though (they seemed tuned to do the pops a lot). The best way I can describe the Fabspeed exhaust is much more of the good engine sound without trying to make it sound different. AKA it doesn't try to make an LP sound like a pre-LP. Its also not obnoxious and cruising on the highway wont hurt your ears or anything. I couldn't imagine straight piping a G hahaha

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
u shld have, honestly. The exhaust scream when the valves are opened (for the valved system), is at another level.
Valves or no valves its all about the design as to how it sounds. Not whether it is valved or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey everybody,

I finally got around to getting an upgraded exhaust and decided to go with a @Fabspeed Motorsport X pipe for my LP and WOW what a difference it makes. After driving with the new exhaust I was literally sad that I didn't upgrade earlier hahaha. Cold starts sound amazing and the entire rev range sounds so much better than stock, especially at full throttle. Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't drone while cruising at lower RPM ranges on the highway (unlike the stock exhaust). Everyone at Fabspeed were easy to work with and were happy to answer all my questions. The guys at my shop said fitment was great and didn't require any modifications. The youtube videos Fabspeed has for their Gallardo exhausts truly don't do them justice. All I can say is that you'll be hard pressed to find a better sounding exhaust for your G. Going through a few gears in a tunnel will leave you smiling from ear to ear :D

While my car was also in the shop I went ahead and had Michellin PS4S's installed on all corners and had the front side indicators swapped to the white euro spec lenses. The orange US spec ones contrasted too much with the big red calipers. I think I might tint the white lenses just a little bit so it blends in with the black paint a bit but we'll see. Now my car is officially "done" with upgrades as far as I can tell. Lets just hope this nice Ohio weather holds out so I can get a few more weeks of driving in!
Glorious! Love to hear it! From the R7D process, to installation we pride ourselves in quality, sound, and performance. Sure I'm a bit biased 😂 but that system is arguably one of our best sounding systems. Completely bolt on, no lights, utilization of OEM valve control. Be sure to tag us in any social channels, and for anyone is in the market, take peak at this video! Gallardo X-Pipe

·
Registered
839 Posts
Valves or no valves its all about the design as to how it sounds. Not whether it is valved or not.
The fabspeed exhaust has 2 variants, one which is non-valved, and one that is valved, either u use the factory system to control the valves, or the remote control which is an additional cost.

I have used both systems and for sure, the valved exhaust system sound screams when the valves are opened, as they bypass the X-pipe and pump out the sound direct via the dump pipes.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I have a custom x type without valves. As the pressure with rpm increases the exhaust route changes to a more direct route. Sounds as good as any valved system. All depends on the engineering and design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts