Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

Here is a Diablo picture I photoshopped. Its based on the 6.0 with mainly stock mods from other Diablo models except the front bumper. Tell me what you think. :D

I HAVE UPDATED THIS PICTURE BY HAVING A FRONT VIEW BUT DID NOT ADD THE SPOILER YET.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raymondo said:
Looks great except for the spoiler is kind of garish.
I see, what would you suggest instead? I want a spoiler that is kinda big and very aggressive to complement the Diablo's extreme looks.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
agree, the spoiler is way overdone imho.

One of the timeless hallmarks of Italian Supercars is their ability to incorporate Function with "Sensuality"!!!

:cool:

to customize an Italian Super Car you must be able to think in 3 Dimensions:

1- Sensuality
2- Performance
3- Sensuality

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
raymondo said:
That GTR in the calendar submissions forum under "other pics" is the ideal spolier I think.
Funny I was gonna suggest the same thing. I just dont like how wide the base of the spoiler is though. I kinda like the R-GT spoiler on the M, but I know that is even more overdone. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone ever removed the rear bumber??
I was just speaking with someone about that. Is there some DOT law that requires it?
does anyone sell the body panel to fix the holes from removal?
I bet it would save some serious weight and make the car look even better..
///MK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
raymondo said:
Didn't notice that, but it does look better without the bumper.
lol...yea I think it adds to the aggressive looks of the Diablo. But is it legal to remove the bumper though?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Frankly I'm not so sure law enforcement would be able to detect it had been removed Ha. If I was going to do it that wouldn't stop me, heck I'm Illegal 90% of the time I'm driving anyway! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just realized that the rear of the Diablo without the bumper looks similar to the M's.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ciao Baby said:
Has anyone ever removed the rear bumber??
I bet it would save some serious weight and make the car look even better..
i have seen a diablo svr street road converted for sale at affolter(CH)dealer without rear bumper: it loocks great :cool:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
raymondo said:
Frankly I'm not so sure law enforcement would be able to detect it had been removed Ha. If I was going to do it that wouldn't stop me, heck I'm Illegal 90% of the time I'm driving anyway! :D
The law enforcement might not notice. However, if you get rear ended, you will have a lot of explaining to do with your insurance company. There is a great chance they will even deny your claim.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wiz357 said:
The law enforcement might not notice. However, if you get rear ended, you will have a lot of explaining to do with your insurance company. There is a great chance they will even deny your claim.
lol. so true. But bumper or not, if you get rear ended, chances are its the fault of the person who hit you.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
lamborghinievoluzione said:
lol. so true. But bumper or not, if you get rear ended, chances are its the fault of the person who hit you.
It really would not matter. The other insurance company could easily argue that without the rear bumper, the damage would've been minimal. Something to think about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SVR parts

We have removed several rear bumpers on diablos and installed the SV-R inserts
and so far we have not had any customers pulled over for the bumpers.
This does give the car a very agressive look.
and we do carry the SVR inserts for sale.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
exotech performance said:
We have removed several rear bumpers on diablos and installed the SV-R inserts
and so far we have not had any customers pulled over for the bumpers.
This does give the car a very agressive look.
and we do carry the SVR inserts for sale.
If you don't get pulled over for the bumpers, they will sure get you for the license plate. You can barely see that plates on that car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Funny, I was gonna mentioned the same thing wiz357 said. However I dont like the inserts, and perfer to just have the bumper removed. Perhaps I shoulld look at one in rel life before deciding.

Is there anyway you could integrate a bumper into the rear of the 6.0, but have the look of not having bumper?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts