Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally made an old dream come true, and bought this Diablo.

It's a 1992 (first generation) model, and I got it from the 2nd owner (of 11 years)
The dash, engine and gearbox have been replaced with those of a '98 Diablo SV :D

The car itself is absolutely mental :D It's a joy to drive, even though it has no ABS, no powersteering, no ESP, no traction control :D

I really wanted a car that was mechanically in perfect condition, and this was surely the best example around... It has a FULL service history of every mile and every cent spent on it. Furthermore, it came recommended by several members of Lamborghini UK club.
This won't sit in my garage as a collecter's item, but it'll be driven :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
congratulations, you finally made it. That dash is a great improvment on the original.
It is :) And you can actually see over it :D

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Love the garage. :rolleyes: :evil:

Very lovely car. I love the suede around the gauge pod. Why was the drivetrain swapped?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the garage. :rolleyes: :evil:

Very lovely car. I love the suede around the gauge pod. Why was the drivetrain swapped?
Original engine seized (journal bearing?)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You brought another Diablo to Belgium: great news. Congrats, splendid looking car :wave:
hey Jef... Yes this car is BACK in Belgium, it actually started out as a Belgian car :)

What do you drive? And what region are you from?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Wow, 3 Belgians in the same thread. Sorry guys :D
Simon, I drive a couple of cars, but the 'the lambo budget' has been spent on 'useful things' (I quote my wife) TWICE during the last couple of years.
Nevertheless, I'm in my mid 40's (4 children, 1 in college, 1 in high school, 2 in Kinter Garten, sounds familiar, anyone?) and it's on top of my agenda.
I live in Heist-op-den-Berg. Where are you at?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool, do you have a pic of the engine??

and why dont you use an SV engine cover? make it funcstional.
The previous owner, who put in the SV bits, sold the SV cover... He still has the SV wing, so I might buy that from him, and add the SV cover too... But SV covers are rare and very expensive...

I'll make more pictures some time this week. I've only driven it briefly since I got it, and it's REALLY dirty (winter here).

Wow, 3 Belgians in the same thread. Sorry guys :D
Simon, I drive a couple of cars, but the 'the lambo budget' has been spent on 'useful things' (I quote my wife) TWICE during the last couple of years.
Nevertheless, I'm in my mid 40's (4 children, 1 in college, 1 in high school, 2 in Kinter Garten, sounds familiar, anyone?) and it's on top of my agenda.
I live in Heist-op-den-Berg. Where are you at?
Ah I know those "useful" things :) I'm from Leuven, so just around the corner :)

I can tell you, a Diablo without ABS, Power Steering, Traction control, etc is scary in this weather :( I hope sun comes out soon, so I can really test the performance :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Cool! I was born in Leuven, and went to college there, so I know my way around...
I'll send you a PM, maybe we can grab a beer together sometime and talk cars. :D :wave:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Simon,

i read your past posts on this board , and i'm so happy tha you actually realized your dream..i'm 25, but one day i wanna be as happy as you (but my dream is called Countach 88.5 :) )!

Enjoy her in good health, and congratulations! The original,raw Diablo was one of my biggest dream of my childhood...what a mental car!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Simon,

i read your past posts, and i 0m so happy tha you actually realized tour dream..i'm 25, but one day i wanna be as happy as you!

Enjoy her in good health, and congratulations! The original,raw Diablo was one of my biggest dream of my childhood...what a mental car!
I hope to get some more time next week, so i can get the car imported (=visit customs office, easy) and approved for registration :) (=visit technical control station, they're a PITA)

1 - 20 of 160 Posts