Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 657 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it hapend; I got my self a Diablo, next to Countach.

Fresh from flatbead as I can not register this car in my country before it is 25-years old to avoid huge car tax, so two years I have time to get this car going.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations! Does the car need much work? What are your plans for the next two years while you are waiting to register it? That's going to be a long wait!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Car has engine managment issue, hesitation with idle. Right side engine light flickers seven times, that Lamboweb -says is for "Air pressure sensor", have change that one to see what hapends. BTW; this isn't the same as air temeprature sensor, wihch one is?

Does anyone have better picture for jumper tool being used for deleting error codes? I don't like to fry my LIE box...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got the car up on a post, one has to be very careful, how jack these things up. by now Lamborghini had printed nice picture to the owners hand book, where to lift, with Countach it was never clear...

Nice detail is that front wheel drive tunnel that seems to be present these early cars.

First I notice that driveshaft heatsheald was loose, so I took it out, clean it. Last night I made braket under rivets, to make it stronger.
Silver paint also left with that light corrosion shield that factory seemed to spray under car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know; Can you confirm that chain tensioner was changed these cars, without taking engine out?
I do not seem to have invoice for this.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club! Always like reading threads where people do their own work.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for kind words, car seems ok, other then some fuel managment issues.

Congrats and welcome to the club! Always like reading threads where people do their own work.
Thanks, I have read your thread and it is great inspiration!

Looks nice and clean under there. If you haven't washed it, great that there are no oil leaks.
No, I haven't done anything else, then lift car up and took photo and that alarming odd that there are no leaks... Only leak with the car was when it was almost new, and had distributor seal leak, new seal for waranty and still you can see that 20-year old leak that does not leak anymore. But no leaks can almost be see as there are no oil in gearbox or engine and in other hand; leaks are good, as they protect aluminium from corrosion.

Congrats on the new car!!! Get a SE/SV rear wing...
Thanks, I will keep this one original, as these cars start to be so old, that people start soon look for those long lost original parts. straight exhaust is propaly only thing I'll make for aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today started to drain fluids from car, for the coolant I took inner fenders out, dusty, so clean them.

Came out nice, bitt odd that front and rear section are defrent finish, they are both left and right.

Also orderer registration lights to replace one broken, found them dirrectly from Hella catalog, so got both new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today I finished cleaning wheels and my suprice found Tyre-Tele -sticker from every wheel.

That corrotion prevent spary had found it way to wheels also.

Here is the sticker

Fronts are bit sceary, date is "437" belive to be 1987

Really sceary part is action part of tyre, as threads seems to rust...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Air filter hatch oil vapor tube seems to be broken and someone had made silicone "fix".

Took all old silicone out and filled tube sides with real resin to "clue" tube back in.

Now securely fixed, only have sculpture outside to look better and paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some fixing;
Aparantly one of buttons on climate control panel was stuck. I found that it was glued! And after it was glued, someone had try to release it again.
When I got it free, I find that retain spring from button was crooked and after adjusting it, it worked fine.

Now I am missing one button, but that is not an issue.

But seriously; to glue button "on" and that is fixed...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 657 Posts