Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Ah, you have the older LP400s/500s wing not the QV, much better than the newer :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
raymond said:
Ah, you have the older LP400s/500s wing not the QV, much better than the newer :)
Interesting...Was the older wing a factory option for the QV or do you think it was retro-fitted?

Also another question - what are the things that look like metal conductors in the windscreen - going round the edge and down the middle? And what does the button on the dash marked ( (i) ), alongside the headlight control buttons do?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
terryjoint said:
nice Jim, shame about the snow on Saturday !! it was 28dg here on Saturday and empty roads and NO oil leaks yipee
Bah! Stop Gloating! ;)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
This is the radio antenna in the windscreen.

The (i)-Button is the brake fluid/pressure test, once it enlightens the brake fluid level is too low or too less pressure.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raymond said:
This is the radio antenna in the windscreen.

The (i)-Button is the brake fluid/pressure test, once it enlightens the brake fluid level is too low or too less pressure.
Interesting. The button kinda does what I thought then. My car seems to have an antenna on the rear quarter just ahead of the wing. I'm assuming it pops up automatically when I turn the radio on but thus far I haven't felt the need for music, strangely enough so haven't tried it out.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
The antenna on the rear came with the 1986 QV, all models before had the windscreen antenna.

I don't have a radio any more, only the two antennas stayed on the car, the second I will also get rid off some day :D

MY 1987 had a different rear antenna of Hirsch.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
phantom309 said:
Hi Raymond,

Have you ever spoken with Patrick about your car?
NO, a friend of mine did, he can hardly remember any of his cars...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
raymond said:
Does this mean that the button illuminates when there's a problem whether depressed or not? In which case, what does depressing the button actually do? And do you have to have the car running when you depress it, if it performs some kind of brake test?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
It tests only the fluid level.
Did you have a look in the owners manual?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
raymond said:
The antenna on the rear came with the 1986 QV, all models before had the windscreen antenna.

I don't have a radio any more, only the two antennas stayed on the car, the second I will also get rid off some day :D

MY 1987 had a different rear antenna of Hirsch.
I guess mid year? My 86' QV has the antenna in the windshield.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
post moved?

My reply post was in this thread but 4 spots back on the first page, right after the pic of Raymonds car, then his post was edited adding a second pic. why was mine moved, or should I say taken off and placed back later?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Tony,

my car is special, I have already the MY 1987 dashboard, since it was Mimran's car there are 2 possibilities:
1. The car was converted to 1987 specs
2. The car was a test bench for new things which were then used in the MY 1987

The Modellyear change is always in August/September after the ferr'agosto.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
raymond said:
It tests only the fluid level.
Did you have a look in the owners manual?
Yeah I looked in the manual, all it said was that the button was a warning light and test button. It doesn't say how to do the test nor whether the button should or should not light up during said test. In fact the manual doesn't say much at all. IIRC is does say the warning light is for a failure in brake pressure as well as fluid level...

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
When you accelerate hard it might lighten up because of the level.
I had this on both cars, as I know also the pressure is check while driving.

If you press the button on the level is checked.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
LP400s/5000s wing:

QV/25th wing:

The newer wing is smaller and has also different feet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts