Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Huracan Evo with Lamborghini Denver in October and it finally came in! I was super stoked until my sales person sent me photos. The interior is not what I ordered. Whoever ordered it from the factory gave it a bizarre steering wheel color and left out colored interior.

Right away I told them what was wrong and it’s just been weird ever since. They sent out the wheel to a shop in Texas to fix it but they won’t do anything about the rest of the interior. It doesn’t even seem like they’ve made an effort tbh.

They gave me two options:
  • take delivery of the incorrect car. Order another one and take delivery in 6 months.
  • not take delivery and order another.

Both seem like absurd options. They keep saying things like “We really think the spec is great how it is”. “This spec will have better resale value”.

Im essentially being told to forget about what I ordered and just deal with it. Any idea of how I should approach this? I really just want the car I ordered and don’t want to wait another 6 months.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
Its a sellers market, so they’re confident they can move it even if you decline it. I wouldn’t take the car I didn’t want as I guarantee you there will be no compensation when it’s time to trade in in 6 months. 1 depreciation is enough.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
277 Posts
Agree with both above. Management has to step in and determine if it was their fault or the Factory. It could potentially work out (better) if it's a Factory error. The Dealer could submit a Customer Satisfaction claim with them and Lamborghini could ship the necessary elements to complete the sale as ordered, having them installed at the Dealer. Items removed could then be shipped back to the Factory. If Lamborghini does not accept responsibility then it is likely the Dealer will try to get out of it any way they can..... Hey, call Lamborghini Dallas and explain the situation and see what they would do. From what I keep hearing they are one of the most reputable Dealers in the Country. At least they might be able to give you some ammunition to go forward... Sorry to hear your dilemma, that completely sucks. Where I'm at it will be Winter again in six months

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,861 Posts
I ordered black comfort seats with green accent color and green stitching. The car came with an orange steering wheel and no accent color.
So the seats are just black? The steering should easy to remedy but the seats not so much. If you take delivery and re-order what will that cost you? I’m assuming they will take the car back when the new one comes in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
100% I would not accept it. The way I would see it is: Why pay for something you aren't happy receiving from the beginning? At the end of the day it's your hard earned money that you are giving to enjoy a car. It's just a car but your happiness is worth a lot more. They should give you a very good incentive that will make you happy.

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
I would tell them you are going to keep and drive the car THEY messed up on, until the car you ordered is produced and delivered.

Let them resell the mistake as a used car. Six months is a long time and you already did it once.
That would probably be the only solution I would settle for. after all that is a big mistake for a car that has been custom ordered.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would tell them you are going to keep and drive the car THEY messed up on, until the car you ordered is produced and delivered.

Let them resell the mistake as a used car. Six months is a long time and you already did it once.
No way they will do this.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,546 Posts
Yes, agree with many of the opinions offered, this is unacceptable. I would decline delivery if and only if the black seats minus the accents is intolerable to you. If you decline I would ask if there is a dealership order in that you could modify the specs on and in that way you don't have to get at the back of the line and wait a full 6 months. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I like the idea of having replacement parts made and installed later. You need a steering wheel, seats, dash, console, arm rests right? That’s a doable project and the dealership and factory should be able to sort it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the idea of having replacement parts made and installed later. You need a steering wheel, seats, dash, console, arm rests right? That’s a doable project and the dealership and factory should be able to sort it.
Not even as crazy as that. Just seats, arm rests and knee pads. I suggested this and was told "We won't be able to do as good of a job as the factory and it will affect resale value." The biggest BS answer I've ever heard. They might as well of been honest and just said "We don't want to deal with it." I just can't believe the indifference on a 300k car.

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
Not even as crazy as that. Just seats, arm rests and knee pads. I suggested this and was told "We won't be able to do as good of a job as the factory and it will affect resale value." The biggest BS answer I've ever heard. They might as well of been honest and just said "We don't want to deal with it." I just can't believe the indifference on a 300k car.
That is so disappointing. What the heck is wrong with these dealers, what happened to customer service. The dealer completely dropped the ball on this and should accept accountability. There should be a way to go above the dealer directly to Lamborghini customer care.

Reactions: FontusBluG

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,546 Posts
That is so disappointing. What the heck is wrong with these dealers, what happened to customer service. The dealer completely dropped the ball on this and should accept accountability. There should be a way to go above the dealer directly to Lamborghini customer care.
There is, the Customer Care # is 1 (866) 681-6276. They will open a case attempt to solve it at the dealership level and if you are not satisfied ask to have it escalated...........worked for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don‘t do that. Your window sticker will not match the car. To me, that’s not an acceptable solution.
Just re-order and wait or if the current spec is acceptable, maybe you can get some discount for them being nit wits :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is absolute bull****. I would be absolutely furious and would not accept that car. How hard is it to read a spec sheet and install the correct parts? You would think it’s a 15k car versus a 300k+ car. If the dealership won’t make it right and offer some discount off msrp if you order a new one I would 1.) take my business elsewhere and 2.) call Lamborghini customer support and let them know about it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts