Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
^^What was your opinion of the AMG GTR? Looks sharp and I thought it sounded pretty darn good as well.

Premium Member
^^I hear you though if I had to do the Sports car foray again for me I would have started and ended with Lamborghini. I wasted time with Porsche.

Premium Member
Nice! Plus all that added down force, smart!

Reactions: EVORWSP

Registered
I canceled more than year ago when i heard this car in person. Not a chance that i would pay such a money for the sound of A class. And i don't care how hyper this car is. It's not twice better than GTR and no approach with sound.
The sound is indeed tragic and I鈥檓 not even sure it can be salvaged based on the videos posted by tuners in Europe. Perhaps a fully open system with an X pipe will do the trick.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
The sound is indeed tragic and I鈥檓 not even sure it can be salvaged based on the videos posted by tuners in Europe. Perhaps a fully open system with an X pipe will do the trick.
Possibly. But then you face the conundrum of messing with factory back pressures, no valves, thus making city driving annoyingly loud with potential droning. Therefore defeating the intended purpose of the car.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Understood in your case. With that said there are most likely a majority of owners who will not be tracking the car. So when they do drive it occasionally I'd imagine they'd be bothered by the sound down low because of the closed valves. Especially coming from a Perf or EVO like I suspect many are. So a fully open exhaust or X pipe may not be a viable option for them. I guess we'll have to see what someone can come up with for a solution.

Registered
Understood in your case. With that said there are most likely a majority of owners who will not be tracking the car. So when they do drive it occasionally I'd imagine they'd be bothered by the sound down low because of the closed valves. Especially coming from a Perf or EVO like I suspect many are. So a fully open exhaust or X pipe may not be a viable option for them. I guess we'll have to see what someone can come up with for a solution.
Oops, I thought we were discussing the GT BS. The STO sounds acceptable to me based on what I鈥檝e heard in videos. My opinion might change after driving it however.

Registered
2022 Huracan STO
I don鈥檛 quite under what all the fuss is about, looks are subjective and there鈥檚 nothing to argue about that, but the sound ? I myself love loud cars (not on the loudest spectrum but not having a good exhaust sound is a problem for me), we all know the engine + exhaust are exactly the same as in the perf/evo hence why I don鈥檛 understand all the 鈥渂ack pressure鈥 situation.. it was done only because of noise regulations and there is such an easy fix for it (which I will be doing to my STO, the sound doesn鈥檛 bother me I just want full control over the exhaust), just buy a exhaust valve controller.
The valves work on vacuum lines meaning there are plenty of kits (same as in the pic or an electronic override which is simper but doesn鈥檛 always work) that creat vacuum with a remote meaning it will be open whenever you want it to and deactivated (and work on the regular vacuum lines with the cars computer) when you鈥檙e not using it, meaning it鈥檚 a win win situation :)
(FYI back pressure is a thing and it鈥檚 caused by pressure in the cylinders being higher than the pressure in the exhaust which is supposed to be near or at atmospheric pressure hence making the end of exhaust 鈥渕ore open鈥 would make for a more ideal exhaust scavenging, you could get an amazing explanation from 鈥渆ngineering explained鈥 YouTube videos!)

Registered
No it won't help too much. This is messed up. Funny thing is that AMG drivers don't feel difference between BS and GTR in gas pedal raction :rolleyes: Nothing has changed for them.

Registered
I can tell you unequivocally and I have video that the valves do not fully open until 3600 RPM in Trofeo or STO mode whether you're up or downshifting.
So I was driving my Performante today thinking about this. Two questions:
  • there isn't a ton of sound in the Perf until you hit 3.5k-4k revs (but you can still tell the valves are open and hear a rumble). Does that mean the STO is like dead quiet (like Strada mode in the Performante)?
  • when you downshift in the STO you don鈥檛 get that loud thunder type noise?

CC: @RoyalPink

61 - 80 of 97 Posts