Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I can tell you unequivocally and I have video that the valves do not fully open until 3600 RPM in Trofeo or STO mode whether you're up or downshifting.
So, HP not more, weight not really less even with all the carbon, 0-100 slower, 0-200 slower, top speed less, torque less, wing not active, sound worse, hockenheim not impressive. And the price is 150k more?

i think the review is more honest than any review coming from paid journalists.

·
Registered
358 Posts
So, HP not more, weight not really less even with all the carbon, 0-100 slower, 0-200 slower, top speed less, torque less, wing not active, sound worse, hockenheim not impressive. And the price is 150k more?

You left out that it’s the ultimate Huracan.

There are always some salty people in the group for whatever reason to justify why they did not purchase a car or why their lower version is better.

It happens in every brand.

if it makes you feel good then purchase it, if not, then don’t. Excuses are never a proper answer.

This will not be the fastest car in my garage or the most expensive. But, I’m very excited about my STO being delivered and would take it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday over a regular EVO, which is still a great car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exhaust noise is subjective because this guy probably thinks a straight pipe is too quiet. For the vast majority of buyers of the STO the exhaust note will be fine. The ones that have an issue can always go out and buy an aftermarket exhaust.

Lamborghini has already skirted emission regulations long enough so they can still offer a NA V10 & NA V12 so asking them put an exhaust where the valves are basically open is asking too much.
Someone with logic. There’s no way it’s “so quiet”.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Saw the matte green one that was in the showroom at Lambo Westlake. Personally think the EVO is a better looking car and is perfect. The STO...fugly!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
There are always some salty people in the group for whatever reason to justify why they did not purchase a car or why their lower version is better.

It happens in every brand.
This statement hits the target. It is common to wax lyrical over a car that has been recently bought. Human nature causes one to reinforce and validate the purchase. The opposite transpires when one is seeking to justify NOT purchasing the car. Reviews in this circumstance will generally be more negative and critical, readily emphasizing the car's flaws. The poster in this case may not be following this paradigm, but it reads to me that he is and I am in agreement with fastmd.

Impartiality is the rarest of human traits.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Lausitzring not impressive.
Suspension too stiff, causing loss of curve speed…
:unsure:

·
Registered
168 Posts
What source?
„Auto Bild Sports Cars“. German Magazine.
They criticize the suspension in track mode is to stiff and cannot be adjusted independently.
The track mode has little options to be adopted to specific race conditions.
For instance, on the Lausitzring it might be better to keep the engine and gearbox Settings according to the race setup but use the suspension parameters of the normal mode.
Meanwhile Several reviews complain there are too few options to get to a specific race set up.
Has this car not been designed to be the special track weapon? Hard to understand the strategy of Lamborghini here.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine is coming in a few weeks. The STO is an incredible looking car and sounds just perfect. I had prior Huracans and to me this is a worthy upgrade to Performante but I do agree they should have bumped at least 30HP and more like 60HP.

OP mentioned having a planted car with AWD like 992 Turbo S to point and shoot on twisty roads but good RWD car like 765LT or GT3RS is just as good, to some even better.
I am yet to properly test STO on a track or a canyon but I do think when tires are warmed up it should be just as planted and balanced as Performante.

·
Registered
8 Posts
„Auto Bild Sports Cars“. German Magazine.
They criticize the suspension in track mode is to stiff and cannot be adjusted independently.
The track mode has little options to be adopted to specific race conditions.
For instance, on the Lausitzring it might be better to keep the engine and gearbox Settings according to the race setup but use the suspension parameters of the normal mode.
Meanwhile Several reviews complain there are too few options to get to a specific race set up.
Has this car not been designed to be the special track weapon? Hard to understand the strategy of Lamborghini here.
Thank you for the extensive explanation. Yeah that is wrong that you can't adjust settings you prefer or specific like you said for track you are going to and only few settings that Lambo provided. Wonder if the suspension can be adjust manually.
I had really high expectations to this car for my needs but so far i don't hear admiration about it. I cancelled BS order for STO :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
Aventador SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), 08 Superleggera, Technica (2023)
708 Posts
From all the sound clips I have seen and heard the STO seems to sound pretty dang good. All of them are USA based cars though not sure if that matters. I am perplexed by all the hating on the sound when everything I have heard sounded great.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I think he means AMG GTR. I had one of those. Here it is when I was on the 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach in March of 2019. I really liked the Magno (matte) paint.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts