Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks to be fairly invasive. I'd be extremely unhappy to say the least.

I hope Lamborghini really takes care of you. Among other things, they should offer an extended warranty to cover any issues down the road.

My experience has been that things almost never go back together as well as they were originally put together at the factory.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The Aventador has a completely revised gear selection system, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, it's a new design and as an owner of one of the first model years you are helping Lamborghini develop the technology. It will improve substantially over the next couple years.

The old E-gear system in the MurcilLP640 was high maintenance, hopefully Lamborghini finds the trick to making this system work well with the new design in the Aventador.

I know my local dealer had a transmission or two already out of Aventadors for servicing as well. There is definitely some improvements that need to take place.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Very scary news. Is 2013 a brand new tranny? I thought it is just programming. Either way, the lp560 tranny is great. They should hv just used a strengthen version of that. Or go dual clutch already

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The Aventador received a revised E-Gear system, it's all new. It will be very cool when it's all working properly, sounds like there are a couple growing pains though.

The LP560 E-Gear was an evolution of the traditional system. It is proving to be a superior design to the old system so far.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,824 Posts
I have to wonder how it was driven in those first 300 miles before you got the car?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Thanks josh. There seems to be a lot of controversy of the isr. I think Ferrari did a better job in implementing the dual clutch. It's disappointing as VAG has had dual clutch for a decade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to wonder how it was driven in those first 300 miles before you got the car?

I got the car brand new from factory, it had 40 miles or so on it. The first gearbox malfunction indicator came on around 300 miles, and after a trip to the shop to get it working again by 570 miles the car was immobile. Now they decided it needs a new gearbox. I didn't drive it hard either. Just some easy trips to the golf club and the detailers.

I have to say the Ferrari double clutch gearbox is far superior to this clunker. Not just because I'm having problems but the Ferrari one just feels so refined. The Aventador feels like a kid learning Manual in an '85 Chevy Pickup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LamboDave,

This is troubling as in April I ordered a 2014 Aventador with an estimated completion date in October. It would be interesting to learn if others have experienced similar problems. I do empathize with your comparison of the DCT with Lamborghini's "e-gear" as in June of 2011 I purchased a new LP560-4 Gallardo Spyder; at the time I also had a 2011 Porsche Turbo S. Your comments are well taken. I am not, however, particularly enthusiastic about either as I prefer more violent shifts which the A supplies.

Best wishes for no future problems...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LamboDave,

This is troubling as in April I ordered a 2014 Aventador with an estimated completion date in October. It would be interesting to learn if others have experienced similar problems. I do empathize with your comparison of the DCT with Lamborghini's "e-gear" as in June of 2011 I purchased a new LP560-4 Gallardo Spyder; at the time I also had a 2011 Porsche Turbo S. Your comments are well taken. I am not, however, particularly enthusiastic about either as I prefer more violent shifts which the A supplies.

Best wishes for no future problems...
Thanks! I have both and being completely honest the DCT completes the shifts faster and more accurately imo. Maybe its just my Aventadors gearbox has been faulty since the beginning, I'll let you know when I get the car back.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This is definitely not the norm! You have a lemon! Hope Lamborghini take cares of you! Definitely keep us updated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The transmission in my 2012 Aventador had a small leak. The dealer replaced it. So far, no problems.

I also have a Ferrari Scuderia. The transmission in the Scud is far superior to the Aventador's. I have driven Ferrari 458s extensively, and find the dual clutch in them too smooth. I like a little drama in the shifts, and the Scud gives that while still being very fast and crisp. The Aventador has way more drama, maybe even a bit too much, but is much slower and less crisp. In my opinion, the transmission is the weakest part of the Aventador. However, I would hate to see them go to a typical, super smooth, dual clutch. That just would not fit the temperament of the car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i remmber when i had my BMW M3 DCT i only could say i loved it and i had much fun playing around than my single clutch on my lp550
they should already had been used the DCT, if anyone has any inofrmation about why lamborghini stall use single clutch? i know its way lighter othere than that i hop someone would share and facts about it
thank you

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
what was the verdict OP?

I read that the new baby bull will have a 7 speed dual clutch transmission

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lamborghini could fix it very easily, put a 6 speed manual in it. E-Gear is fun when it works properly, but when it doesn't, it ruins your life. It's an overcomplicated way of doing what a shift leaver and clutch pedal could do. I had a manual in my Gallardo and made the mistake of buying an E-Gear Murci, fun the 0.005% of the time when you rev it out on a straight road, otherwise the old fashioned 6 speed is just a more robust more enjoyable system. Thats just my $0.02 tho Problems with e-gear is if it fails you can't do anything but phone a flat bed and hope your CC has a high enough limit to cover the bill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any updates? This is definitely unacceptable to happen for a new Aventador but as sophisticated as it is, things can happen. Bad luck I guess :( but I hope that all is well now!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts