Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did my first 1/4 mile ever, and happened to be against a new Tesla Model S Plaid. I was 9.885 seconds at 150.63mph, and he was 9.451 at 148.94mph!!
He beat me but here’s the story..

I’ve got Twin Turbo’s in my Huracan and can selectively choose maps..I went with my setting at 1150hp (the top is 1250), mostly because my tires were cold and it was my first time ever doing an official 1/4M. My launch was extremely delayed because I waited for the green light, I did not know you basically go after the 2nd yellow light.

So I did pretty well I think! The Tesla beat me, but I was gaining on him towards the end. I lost a bit of traction around 60’ out but everything else was smooth.

Why oh why did I not just do the full 1250hp!! I might have had him..

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody in the crowd captured it and I’ve posted as a YouTube short here

·
Registered
2006 LP640
57 Posts
Awesome. Pretty good 60' time given it sounds like you were loosing traction!

Easy solution on the Tesla/Lambo argument - buy one of each.. 😁

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,845 Posts
You would have beaten him if you did get such a delayed start. You can really see it in the video.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
You would have beaten him if you did get such a delayed start. You can really see it in the video.
Unfortunately, probable not.
But, I don’t think people are saying….”do I buy a plaid or a Lamborghini”
Just not the same market.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
194 Posts
Wow, that's an impressive 1/4 mile time!! Well done!

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No matter how fast they are. Tesla will never match the essence/soul of Lamborghini and certain other ICE cars for that matter.
Agreed! I hope that doesn’t mean we’re turning into the old guys who gripe on how things used to be 🤣

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately, probable not.
But, I don’t think people are saying….”do I buy a plaid or a Lamborghini”
Just not the same market.
I think you’re right. I was told that the reaction time doesn’t affect the times on the slip, they’re only a factor if you’re drag racing and it is first to the finish line. So I could have held there for another minute and had the same times.

I’m on stock tires which are crap.If I had my boost full, warm tires and better tires it would be a very interesting race!

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
@GoPGgo Any other slips or did you only make one run? Somewhere I saw a pic of a Huracan with 18s on the rear wrapped in MT Street Rs and it actually looked really sweet. Get that rear hookup and you may be around 9.

·
Registered
SL #7007
497 Posts
Awesome video and your car is insane! I think a better start and you would have taken him. Those Teslas are no joke from a dig!

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,316 Posts
With 1150hp you are good for low 9s and will beat him with the right launch....What tyres are you running?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
Unfortunate but not surprising. In another thread, not too long ago, I did advise people to think twice about challenging a Tesla. In the end, it's all good..............no harm, no foul.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
No matter how fast they are. Tesla will never match the essence/soul of Lamborghini and certain other ICE cars for that matter.
Okay, okay, whether we have soul or we sell our soul, the devil's :devilish: in the details......ergo, don't race a Tesla.

• Haha
Reactions: GoPGgo and fabo

·
Registered
343 Posts
Huracan wins as far as I'm concerned. I respect what EVs can do, but there is no drama. At some point, instant torque is a one trick pony and ends up making you feel nauseous.

Nothing like a roaring V10 screaming (and spooling in this case). Once the track has some curves it is all over. Perhaps the Tesla roadster will also be able to make it around a corner and not feel like a boat--- but it will still do so in Charlie Chaplin silent film fashion.

I drove the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and was pretty impressed at how the car handled on all aspects. If I were looking to have a daily EV, that would be hard to pass up.

Yet, when I want to have my heart racing, nothing beats the engine noises bouncing off canyon walls or through tunnels. It is the reason I've spent so much in my home theater. Sound coupled with sight is a fully immersive experience.

Even my 911 Turbo S, which doesn't hold a candle to my G's V10 sound, still sounds amazing with crazy intake noises on full boost. I'll always be a sound guy, the more visceral the better.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I've noticed a lot more Teslas on the road this past year. I've also noticed their propensity for the need to whiz past me during normal everyday driving. Same with big jacked up diesel trucks rolling coal.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Awesome. Pretty good 60' time given it sounds like you were loosing traction!

Easy solution on the Tesla/Lambo argument - buy one of each.. 😁
Well that's what we did. Wife drives the Model 3 and we use that as the daily driver while the Evo is the special car and mine. :)

On a serious note it is really two different car and I don't think it will ever become an either/or situation. I mean the sound of going on the evo through the tunnels of where I live is unbeatable. It just can't compare. Also for what's it worth my teenage son ALWAYS ask for a ride in the Huracan so you can bet the next generation are still fascinated by the Lambo now and the future.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Huracan wins as far as I'm concerned. I respect what EVs can do, but there is no drama. At some point, instant torque is a one trick pony and ends up making you feel nauseous.

Nothing like a roaring V10 screaming (and spooling in this case). Once the track has some curves it is all over. Perhaps the Tesla roadster will also be able to make it around a corner and not feel like a boat--- but it will still do so in Charlie Chaplin silent film fashion.

I drove the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and was pretty impressed at how the car handled on all aspects. If I were looking to have a daily EV, that would be hard to pass up.

Yet, when I want to have my heart racing, nothing beats the engine noises bouncing off canyon walls or through tunnels. It is the reason I've spent so much in my home theater. Sound coupled with sight is a fully immersive experience.

Even my 911 Turbo S, which doesn't hold a candle to my G's V10 sound, still sounds amazing with crazy intake noises on full boost. I'll always be a sound guy, the more visceral the better.
I looked at the Taycan as well and those are a beauty. Agree would be a good choice for a daily driver after a year out as heard the current crop has some bugs and quirks as expected from just being released. I will prob pick one up on a few years as the wife daily driver and pass the Model 3 to my youngest son. For me Lambo now and forever though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the problem was the 60' loss of traction, which needs to gets better, if you can do 1.55-1.60 then your car will be in the low 9's.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With 1150hp you are good for low 9s and will beat him with the right launch....What tyres are you running?
Crap stocks..trying to wear them out so I can take your advice! 888’s and the Cup2’s! Are you able to spin your tires and heat them up? Is it necessary if it’s a good track and your tire combo?

Reactions: fabo
1 - 20 of 26 Posts