Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Albert I think you've already got a couple of pink slips. Keep up your shenanigans and you will be in big trouble.
As long as it's not a Blu Cepheus slip. :rolleyes: I have always been in big trouble so I guess it will bigger (?) trouble.........

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
ordering a car 6 to 7 months currently.
With round two of Covid, I鈥榤 thinking 7 months, possibly more. A friend has waited a year for his F8 Spider, and it鈥檚 now in production. He鈥檚 going bananas as you can imagine.

I鈥檓 told that ordering in July would make for an early 2022 MY, which I could do if I go the new route. A 2021, if ordered tomorrow, won鈥檛 show up until June-July. In FL, that鈥檚 not ideal delivery time as it鈥檚 too hot to drive a Spyder. And I鈥榙 rather have a full model year to enjoy it.

Best to have a winter delivery - our driving season is just starting here.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Is there any concern about GPF in 2022 models?

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Is there any concern about GPF in 2022 models?
Great question, hadn鈥榯 even thought about that one. Well, if the dealer knows (probably not) may tell anyway. The F8 has them, not sure if it鈥檇 even be possible in a NA V10.......

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
It's a question worth asking and if so that would sway me, and I'm sure others, toward a 2021 model.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
It's a question worth asking and if so that would sway me, and I'm sure others, toward a 2021 model.
Agreed, and thanks for thinking of it. I will certainly ask Jeff when I鈥檓 up there trying one with sport seats out for size.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Agreed, and thanks for thinking of it. I will certainly ask Jeff when I鈥檓 up there trying one with sport seats out for size.
Let me know your impressions of the sport seats when you try them out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Let me know your impressions of the sport seats when you try them out.
Absolutely, sir. I don鈥檛 want to get my hopes up too high, but that extra inch or two may make all the difference in my case.

After my mountain road experience in the Appalachians, a more supportive seat has got my attention.

Registered
Absolutely, sir. I don鈥檛 want to get my hopes up too high, but that extra inch or two may make all the difference in my case.

After my mountain road experience in the Appalachians, a more supportive seat has got my attention.
For what it's worth I'm 6 feet 185lbs. I tried the comfort and sport seats. Visibility wise it made no noticeable difference. The sport seats were definitely a bit more snug if you like that feeling. Ended up going with the comfort seats due to a lower back injury and they felt more comfortable for longer drives.

Registered
Great question, hadn鈥榯 even thought about that one. Well, if the dealer knows (probably not) may tell anyway. The F8 has them, not sure if it鈥檇 even be possible in a NA V10.......
812 GTS is NA V12 and has GPF so its a legit question to ask. STO doesnt have GPF which is somewhat reassuring.

Would be a deal breaker for me.

Premium Member
Make sure you fit good the spyders are much smaller inside and it gets uncomfortable.

Reactions: wthensler

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Make sure you fit good the spyders are much smaller inside and it gets uncomfortable.
Yes. By far my biggest concern. I鈥檝e sat in them and hoping the sport seats provide that added measure I need. I鈥檓 already resigned to a smaller cockpit than the 458....that鈥檚 okay.

Too bad Lamborghini doesn鈥檛 offer the extended interior spyder option, LOL!

Registered
Yes. By far my biggest concern. I鈥檝e sat in them and hoping the sport seats provide that added measure I need. I鈥檓 already resigned to a smaller cockpit than the 458....that鈥檚 okay.

Too bad Lamborghini doesn鈥檛 offer the extended interior spyder option, LOL!
In a video of the new EVO SPYDER with comfort seats, measurement from the brake pedal to the back of the front seat at maximum extension was 96 cm (= 37.8 in)... in my new 2021 EVO COUPE the measurement = 41 in... so that gives you an idea, at least with the comfort seat, of the differences...

Registered
In a video of the new EVO SPYDER with comfort seats, measurement from the brake pedal to the back of the front seat at maximum extension was 96 cm (= 37.8 in)... in my new 2021 EVO COUPE the measurement = 41 in... so that gives you an idea, at least with the comfort seat, of the differences...
I did not measure the seating in my 458 SPYDER, but by comparison I do have a bit more room in my EVO Coupe with the comfort seat...

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
I am going to a) sit in one with sport seats. b) open and close the top. c) assess the driver position, and d) ask myself whether I fit.

I ride bicycles a lot and am a pretty good judge of fit. I鈥檒l know intuitively whether it鈥檒l work.

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
I am going to a) sit in one with sport seats. b) open and close the top. c) assess the driver position, and d) ask myself whether I fit.

I ride bicycles a lot and am a pretty good judge of fit. I鈥檒l know intuitively whether it鈥檒l work.
I can't wait to hear back from you. My 2018 spyder gives me enough room to be comfortable but if I sit tall my head does touch the headliner. I normally recline and sit as low as possible and there is no problem. My knees when sitting low do fit pretty tight but nothing that isn't manageable. I'm 6' at 165 lbs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
I can't wait to hear back from you. My 2018 spyder gives me enough room to be comfortable but if I sit tall my head does touch the headliner. I normally recline and sit as low as possible and there is no problem. My knees when sitting low do fit pretty tight but nothing that isn't manageable. I'm 6' at 165 lbs.
I'm like you. I like a more relaxed seating position - I don't care what my head does as long as I can see out the front. At 5'-11", 187 lbs., I could never starve myself to 165, in fact I cycle 9,000 miles per year (I can only imagine what I'd look like if I didn't!)

I've been in touch with Jeff and expect to be in Charlotte 2nd week of December for a 'sitting', LOL!

And I'll let all the great folks here know what I decide.

Premium Member
When I sat in a huracan spyder at dealership a couple weeks ago my head pressed into ceiling even with seat all the way down, so was surprised when I went to check out the Evo spyder my head did not touch and legroom was better, Something definitely changed in the Evo that gives you a little more room. Also helped when I removed the stops to allow seat to get almost 2" more

Premium Member
Also funny comparing these pictures, first one the day I bought my huracan and second is 3 years later just before I sold it. Went from almost 250 to 175, good thing I did or I wouldnt have been able to buy a spyder :)

Reactions: wthensler

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
I hope the Sport Seats go up a tad higher; the comfort seats I have on my 580 have no vertical adjustments. I am 5'4" and 117 lbs, a lean, mean fighting machine. :giggle:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 61 Posts