Lamborghini Talk banner

Murcielago straight pipe install video

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Stimpy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I was installing straight pipes on my Murci the other day (That I bought off another forum member) and I thought I would video the process of removing the deck lid, active spoiler system and the whole exhaust removal and install process.

The Audio is horrible, I'm not sure why so I'm sorry about that.

I thought this may be beneficial for anyone considering doing there own install. This was super easy, anyone with basic tools can accomplish this task in well under 2 hours.

Note: I sprayed my exhaust clamps with penetrating oil the night before. This made them SUPER easy to come off.

If you are interested please check out the link below. I will be posting my K&N install on Youtube next. If anyone would like to see that please let me know and I can post a link in this as well. If you find it helpful, please like and subscribe to our channel.

#2 ·
Hello everyone.

I was installing straight pipes on my Murci the other day (That I bought off another forum member) and I thought I would video the process of removing the deck lid, active spoiler system and the whole exhaust removal and install process.

The Audio is horrible, I'm not sure why so I'm sorry about that.

I thought this may be beneficial for anyone considering doing there own install. This was super easy, anyone with basic tools can accomplish this task in well under 2 hours.

Note: I sprayed my exhaust clamps with penetrating oil the night before. This made them SUPER easy to come off.

If you are interested please check out the link below. I will be posting my K&N install on Youtube next. If anyone would like to see that please let me know and I can post a link in this as well. If you find it helpful, please like and subscribe to our channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFq3FqMdVo&t=47s
You Dont really need to put support on the Exhaust to the body

You should put Reid Performance CAI as you will hear and feel more out of the car

#5 ·
Sounds amazing! Cold starts are very loud so if you have close neighbours, you will put ss them off.

Once you hit 3500 rpm and up, it starts to sound like a formula one car.

I dont have any cats. Delete of primary and secondary, and the sound inside the car is tolerable. It does not shoot flames, which Im not sure why. We straight piped my cousins gallardo and it shoots flames all day long. So Im not sure if other straight piped Murcis are throwing flames but mine is not.

I get compliments on the sound everywhere I go.

#6 ·
Sounds amazing! Cold starts are very loud so if you have close neighbours, you will put ss them off.

Once you hit 3500 rpm and up, it starts to sound like a formula one car.

I dont have any cats. Delete of primary and secondary, and the sound inside the car is tolerable. It does not shoot flames, which Im not sure why. We straight piped my cousins gallardo and it shoots flames all day long. So Im not sure if other straight piped Murcis are throwing flames but mine is not.

I get compliments on the sound everywhere I go.
You can get an engine tune that will make it shoot flames.

#8 · (Edited)
I don't have personal experience with tuning the Murci ECUs, but the dude with the Yellow Murci from Savage Garage mentions he has a flame tune on his car at 5:45 on this video, so you could try to reach him:

If you can find a tuning place locally, that would save shipping your ECUs. Fabspeed has a tune that requires shipping, and there are bunch others like Sheepie if you search "Murcielago Tune."

#9 ·
Thanks for sharing the video. I Don’t know if you follow Jimbo but he recently pleaded to Followers to help get his lambo on road again.

I was wondering how his murci broke in first place. This video helps to put the pieces together. Sadly his spare motor was also NG. Wonder if he got it fixed?

#11 ·
I am going to have to pass on the tune. Im also going to guess Jimbo’s engine failed because of that tune. These engines are bullet proof. They shouldnt have a catastrophic failure like Jimbo’s Murci did. Although shooting flames looks cool, a driving and reliable Murci is way better!

Thanks for everyones input on the video and tune thus far. Im going to fo a review of the straight pipes and RWD conversion this weekend. We just did a 1500mile car rally from Ontario to Quebec, through the mountains etc. the car ran amazing.

#12 · (Edited)
Im also going to guess Jimbo’s engine failed because of that tune. These engines are bullet proof. They shouldnt have a catastrophic failure like Jimbo’s Murci did.
I personally doubt it's the tune that killed his engine. He had someone pull the engine recently, and a sloppy mechanic can do a lot of things to blow up that robust engine. Look at DDE. He definitely had 1 or both engines blow from sloppy mechanics pulling the engine out and doing something stupid. He said in one case, a mechanic left shavings in the engine.

In Jimbo's case, the bolt holding on the crank pulley went missing. And I bet that a mechanic that either left it off and it took a while to finally unwind from the keyed shaft, or it wasn't torqued correctly. I don't see a tune causing a bolt on a keyed pulley to back off. He had had the engine out 2000 miles earlier, and then right before the incident, a mechanic had changed the alternator. It's possible the mechanic couldn't figure out how to get the belt back on without taking off the crank pulley. You can definitely do it without taking off the crank pulley, but the accessory belt is a bear on the Pre-LP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.