Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !! Today I check my floor mat passenger side and is fool of water .... I check the car

under the passenger airbag and the black box of the blower, drop it with water. i live in miami and use cold air conditioning.

any suggestion ?

thank you so much

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The drain hose for the AC could be plugged. Get under the car, and fish something like a coat hanger up the hose to see if you can unclog it. Or if that's the drain hose in the pic, you should be able to pull it off and blow through it to see if it's clogged, and then fish a wire to clean it out if it is.

Very common problem to have on older cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drain hose for the AC could be plugged. Get under the car, and fish something like a coat hanger up the hose to see if you can unclog it. Or if that's the drain hose in the pic, you should be able to pull it off and blow through it to see if it's clogged, and then fish a wire to clean it out if it is.

You think the little one black is the drain ??? Because have a lot of condensation outside the photo ( like you see in the photo )

car is roadster

thank you

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You think the little one black is the drain ??? Because have a lot of condensation outside the photo ( like you see in the photo )

car is roadster

thank you
Not 100% sure, but it looks like it to me. The hose is easily accessible from underneath the car when jacked up, so you can get to it that way. You can see the tip of the hose behind the front right wheel halfway to the middle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not 100% sure, but it looks like it to me. The hose is easily accessible from underneath the car when jacked up, so you can get to it that way. You can see the tip of the hose behind the front right wheel halfway to the middle.
Can I clean it by disconnecting the one inside the car or do I have to lift the car?

tks

·
Registered
316 Posts

So Eric the car guy thinks you should blow compressed air UP the tube that stuff is supposed to come DOWN?
That will blow all the crud built up in the hose back into the cavity where the water / moisture builds up and next minute its blocked again.
The hose in the photo does look like the drain hose so I would start there too.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Other youtubers do the air thing as well. It’s quick and easy for mechanics and they like quick and easy. I suppose it will break up the clog and hopefully the pieces will drain out with the water flow. I’d try some kind of thin flexible stick personally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts