Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.compositesworld.com/ct/issues/2005/April/789

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster named 2004's most beautiful supercar - April 2005
By: Staff

The carbon composite-bodied Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster was named last year's most beautiful supercar as part of the "The World's Most Beautiful Automobile 2004" awards. The awards were determined by an international jury made up of designers, car and art historians, and auto-industry journalists.

Source: Lamborghini

The Murcielago Roadster debuted as a concept car at the 2003 Detroit Motor Show and will be available for purchase in the North American market shortly. Carbon fiber is used in all of its exterior body panels except the doors, as well as several trim panels in the engine compartment. The Roadster is an open topped version of the Murcielago coupe (see CT August 2003, p. 32) with the only other difference related to the chassis. The Roadster has a carbon-reinforced composite substructure, which improves torsional rigidity, as well a latticework frame that covers the engine to enhance rigidity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Murci Roadster Roof!

I don't like the roof on the new Roadster. I am considering buying one. But the roof is too complicated to put on if it rains. Does anyone know of someone who can do an electric glass type of carbon fibre roof or even non-electric hard top instead of this mess? I love the car though!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi this is my first post on this board. ANnd I hope I will enjoy all the new found LAMBO informations. But enough about that.

I to find the new Roadster a very beautyful car more aggressive, but I must agree with you on the roof issue. It's got to be one of the worst concepts in the bussiness, even more bad looking than Ferrari Barchetta.
You should definetly look for a competent work shop that could make you some foldable carbon fiber, or maybe a hard canvas that could be rolled in the back behind your head (with a mechanism like blinds for the windows or that white canvas for presentations).
Any way that's just my oppinion. But surely it's possible to come up with something better than theirs, couse it looks like they designed everything to perfection and the just gave up. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I know most would disagree, but I really don't like the bracing in the engine compartment. It looks like they discovered the car wasn't strong enough and had to add it as an afterthought. Hey maybe that's true? In any case TACKY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts