Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all

This is my first post so forgive any mistakes. I have a Murcielago with the following fault code: P0019- crankshaft position/ camshaft position correlation sensor B.
I have swopped camshaft position sensors hoping fault would jump to another bank unfortunately nothing, checked spark plugs all 100% was replaced recently, compression of cylinders all in the 8 bar region, I do not know the spec.

Mileage is 40000 km and its a 2008 model what are the chances I have timing issues at the chain drive? Has anyone had issues of this sort? The fault while driving is a lose of power and with load it seems to stutter and backfire through the intake manifold.

Really puzzled

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is that a problem on these Murcielagos, I will probably take of the timing chain covers and have a look
Not that I am aware of but s#$% happens, just posting up a theory.

I don't know your background, however it sounds like it needs to be professionally diagnosed so you don't waste time or money chasing gremlins down a wrong way rabbit hole. Perhaps a variator slipped because it was not torqued properly. Has a valve adjustment been done recently?

I would check every other possible cause, before I took the engine apart.

I just went thru a bunch or problems with my egear. Previous tech did not tighten the actuator bleed screws enough when they replaced the clutch. They were loose and caused problems. Fixed now.

Here's a video on cam timing for reference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Old Guy Garage, thank you for your replies... The only thing that was done was the clutch privately last year, which is a possibility they couldve done something which I wont know but I asked them and he mentioned thrust bearing but wont elaborate.... Such is Life

·
Registered
56 Posts
Morning all, can anyone help me to set the date and time on the cluster?
Here you go. This is from the manual of an '09 LP640. Presumably yours is the same methodology. As Stimpy and others have noted on this forum these buttons are prone to breaking so there can be a high opportunity cost for having the correct date/time on these cars.

Any luck on troubleshooting your power issue?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts