Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know approx selling prices for LP640 coupes? It seems like there is absolutely no inventory. I'm keeping mine was just curious where the market is at.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I haven't seen any public sales figures recently, only asking prices. There aren't many for sale. Sometimes dealers leave ads up after they sold so who knows. People are holding onto them so I imagine anyone wanting should buy now. Give @roytoy2003 a call he has one listed.

You will notice Roadsters listed for sale way more often than coupes. Coupes seem to sell faster.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I won't be selling mine either, but always track the market for fun. To your exact point, there is never any inventory on the coupes LP640 coupes. It's hard to properly gauge the market, especially since when one does pop up, it typically has a past history that isn't favorable. I feel lucky to have purchased one when I did. I feel more and more people are appreciating these cars for what they are and in my opinion, they are still grossly undervalued.

I was talking with a friend the other day who shared this one that being listed at Cats for $349k (2008 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Lynnwood WA 48874556). It does have low miles, but it's also black. The more popular shades of green, orange, blues, yellow, etc seem to demand a higher premium then the black or silver comparables. Who know what the ultimate sales price will be on this one, but in my opinion it is still worth more and undervalued in the long run.

Side thought - I know that LP640 6-speed gated cars are sought after for obvious reasons and demand a huge premium, but as a manual Gallardo owner (an apple to oranges comparison I'm sure) I appreciate both driving types. The later LP640 e-gear cars are more refined than earlier versions of the system and a blast to drive. Nothing beats those downshifts. I also love the fact that every time I drive mine, I feel like I'm in a time capsule of what I wanted at the time these were in production. Would I prefer a 6-speed if price wasn't an issue? Probably. However, I honestly love my e-gear car for what it is and wish I could have both for different days depending on how I feel. There are also some horror stories with repairs clutch life on the e-gear that don't help the cause, but from what I read if they are maintained and driven properly to not wear the clutch as quickly they can be great to own as well. I know I enjoy mine.

All that said, I feel $350k +/- $15k would be my guess for a good example right now and feel it will only go up as more people wake up to this car's driving experience and rarity. Curious to other's thoughts on the current market values for LP640 coupes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah to me its still odd that the manual is so much more in price and desire than the egear. Even if an egear costs more and maintenance is more I would still prefer the egear. Some just don't know how to drive them, poking along to wear the clutch out just like riding a clutch in a manual. Maybe its because I have other old school high end manual cars to enjoy or that Im approaching 70 and just like the paddles. As far as Murci prices, I agree you just don't see them anymore to judge prices so who knows. A couple years ago I was offered alot, but geeez I just bought the car after looking for one for 10 over years so was not selling it. I may go Aventador for an add on if I sell a Pantera but I still seem to gravitate toward the simple wedge of cheese style Murci. Untill we begin to see actual sales prices I guess we only speculate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A 7,000 mile LP640 Versace Edition sold 3 months ago for $315,000.

The economy has slowed down since then. A 600 mile SV bid to only $1,000,000 and a manual pre-LP sold for $380,000 (no reserve). I wonder where an egear LP would sell for in an auction today?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Black murcie on bring a trailer brought 190k just recently
This is a pre-lp. The LPs, specifically coupes, bring a substantial premium and are extremely rare. There were only around ~1,200 LP640 coupes made for the entire world. Approximately 20%, 240 cars were shipped to the USA. Most clean examples are lost and colored examples are few and far between. Of course everyone has their own opinion and I may be a bit biased, but these are special cars and once people realize how rare they are prices will eventually rise even further. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
These cars represent the bridge between the best of Italian and German engineering and design. I have always wanted one, and among many other cars these got away from me. Awesome cars, one of the last of the great V12’s for sure.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
This is a pre-lp. The LPs, specifically coupes, bring a substantial premium and are extremely rare. There were only around ~1,200 LP640 coupes made for the entire world. Approximately 20%, 240 cars were shipped to the USA. Most clean examples are lost and colored examples are few and far between. Of course everyone has their own opinion and I may be a bit biased, but these are special cars and once people realize how rare they are prices will eventually rise even further. Just my 2 cents.
Not many Murcis relative to other later models

YearUnitsCoupéRoadster
2001[48]6565-
2002[48]442442-
2003[49]424424-
2004[49]38430480
2005[50]464230234
2006[50]444323121
2007[51]629423206
2008[51]637454183
2009[52]33127457
2010[52]16314518
Total3,9833,084899

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Not many Murcis relative to other later models

YearUnitsCoupéRoadster
2001[48]6565-
2002[48]442442-
2003[49]424424-
2004[49]38430480
2005[50]464230234
2006[50]444323121
2007[51]629423206
2008[51]637454183
2009[52]33127457
2010[52]16314518
Total3,9833,084899
Fyi
Only 900 roadsters ever made. I imagine a couple hundred have been totaled. Probably 700 are still in commission. PreLP roadsters can be had for a bargain($150k-$175k). Eventually, the market catches up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yup, all LP640 owners are curious where these cars are heading. The lines on these cars, the 12-cylinder engine, the sound and just the uniqueness should see them heading towards $500,000 in two years or so. I bought mine after a 30 second dueling match with a dealer in Kissimmee FL(Mecum) for $300,00+$30,000= $330,000 that was Jan 2022. Cats Exotics is selling a black/black at $349,000. I"m guessing mine being a Arancio Atlas may be $30k-$50k more but then again does it matter? I'm not planning on selling. Doesn't sound like any of you guys want to sell either, but it is fun talking about prices. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good input everyone. I feel like most of these are already in hands of people that plan on keeping them. It's just crazy that there is so little inventory it's hard to even get a grasp of value. I'm thinking I need to contact my insurance and see if they will do an agreed value policy, but I'm not sure what data they will require?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I don’t own one but always loved the look.
And had a couple opportunities but didn’t pull the trigger because my garage wouldn’t fit the
car with doors.
Hopefully all owners will see the cars go up in value.

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
127 Posts
Even with the downward economic pressure (and all the BTC "millionaires" disappearing), the LP640 e-gear IMHO is around $275K-$330K range. LP640 e-gear is so much better than pre-LP cars and mates very well with the car. Color, mileage and options do make a difference. Finding one is difficult and finding a clean car is even more challenging. During my search a dealer advertised a Balloon White LP640 with minor fender damage, but a quick search on Florida DMV's website reveals the car lost control on I-95 and bounced like a pinball.

The Roadster while rare, is less desired by many for one simple reason: its top. If you drive it in the rain with top on, it's probably drizzling inside.

As for mileage, I would recommend getting one with reasonable miles (sub 30K) as low mileage examples are nothing more than deferred maintenance. LP640s need to be driven.

LP640 will have its day very soon...it's the last raw analog V12 generation. Just look at the Porsche CGT: it was trading as low as $290K a decade ago...I don't think LP640 will do quite as well as the CGT but I can see the LP breaking $400K within the next 5 years...if not sooner.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Even with the downward economic pressure (and all the BTC "millionaires" disappearing), the LP640 e-gear IMHO is around $275K-$330K range. Color, mileage and options do make a difference. Finding one is difficult and finding a clean car is even more challenging. During my search a dealer advertised a Balloon White LP640 with minor fender damage, but a quick search on Florida DMV's website reveals the car lost control on I-95 and bounced like a pinball.
The Roadster while rare, is less desired by many for one simple reason: its top. If you drive with the top on during the rain, it's probably drizzling inside. As for mileage, I would recommend getting one with reasonable miles (sub 30K) as low mileage examples are nothing more than deferred maintenance. LP640s need to be driven.

LP640 will have its day very soon...it's the last raw analog V12 generation. Just look at the Porsche CGT: it was trading as low as $290K a decade ago...I don't think LP640 will do quite as well as the CGT but I can see the LP breaking $400K within the next 5 years...if not sooner.
I completely agree with you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I may entertain selling my 1000 mile LP Roadster. It is sadly too much of a gem for me to drive. If it sells I will replace with a pre LP gated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts