Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamborghini currently testing the murcielago at the Nurburgring. it may have some facelifts, and mybe some engine mods (testing at the ring)... any body have more info???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pictures...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
YellowMurci said:
looks the same to me
I'm betting they are testing at The Ring for something other than seat time! :)

Likely quite a few things they've upgraded and need serious feedback..power & brakes are obvious...maybe better handling and egear software or different gear ratios if it's a 6 spd also?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hope they don't change too much, the mucielago is definately the best looking sports car (a lot) of money can buy, any radical changes might be for the worse. By the way, the lambo in those pictures looks absolutely stunning, even with the tape, and I love the new rims!

As far as developing a new murcielago goes, take a look at lamborghini history for an obvious answer. All the major cars in the line-up(countach, diablo, miura...)have had production runs of roughly 10 years each. And during those production runs, they have all recieved s, sv, vt, and other designations that make it superior to the base models. We first saw the base mucielago in 2001, thats 4 years ago. If the murcielago is to hold its place as one of the best supercars on earth for another 6 years or so, it will need a few updates along the way.
Thats my opinion. :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
The Murcie already has the Vicious Traction system, so I dont think it will be a VT.

No, sorry I wrote that wrong. I meant to ask does anyone know if it will remain 4Wd or be 2Wd (maybe optional)?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Lambo-Crazy said:
We first saw the base mucielago in 2001, thats 4 years ago. If the murcielago is to hold its place as one of the best supercars on earth for another 6 years or so, it will need a few updates along the way.
Thats my opinion. :cool:
i agree, they are working on a better and faster murcie, with a 6.5 engine : it will arrive in 2 years more or less....
i wonder why they don't make it a bit lighter also(2wd..??), i think a - 1500 kg murcie would be almost unbeateble( i am not talking about a limited GT version, but a " standard" one)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
emilio said:
i agree, they are working on a better and faster murcie, with a 6.5 engine : it will arrive in 2 years more or less....
i wonder why they don't make it a bit lighter also(2wd..??), i think a - 1500 kg murcie would be almost unbeateble( i am not talking about a limited GT version, but a " standard" one)
It would be almost undrivable too.
;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
detour_racing said:
It would be almost undrivable too.
;)
well the enzo is 660 hp and weights less than 1400 kgs,
but it is not undrivable....
(not more than a mad 500 hp TT jalpa i heard somewhere :rolleyes: ) )

p.s.i forgot to tell i love mad cars ;) :wave: detour

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
emilio said:
well the enzo is 660 hp and weights less than 1400 kgs,
but it is not undrivable....
(not more than a mad 500 hp TT jalpa i heard somewhere :rolleyes: ) )

p.s.i forgot to tell i love mad cars ;) :wave: detour

True :D I think the Murcie benefits from the all wheel drive. I have heard that the Enzo can be a bit hard to handle at times. As for mine it is undrivable at the moment. I should have everything together by the weekend. (It isn't for everyone)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts