Lamborghini Talk banner

Murcielago Glass Replacement Headlight Lenses - Group Buy?

8187 Views 80 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  ikarian
I've tried to find someone who sells just the lenses in actual glass, not the plastic ones, to no avail besides basically finding them off wrecked cars.

I've inquired about having them remanufactured to factory spec. Would people here be interested in them at say $1,500 USD for the pair plus shipping from Canada?

This price would only be good for a batch order, costs go up significantly for low volume as you'd imagine.

If you would be interested in buying a set for your car, even as spares to keep on hand for the inevitable need, please PM me your intent or reply here. Replacement headlights are $10k+ and I don't see them getting any cheaper going forward, and 9 times out of 10 the issue is just the lens.

Cheers!
Reactions: AngelOfMurci
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Any updates
On head light glasses pls
Thanks
Still in production. Bit of a process as they need to be polished after being produced...this is a large, clear and curved lens...it presents some challenges for sure.

Quality won't be 100% of OEM, but it will be close and for most people indistinguishable. Still 10x better than paying $10k+ for a headlight or 1000x better than a flexible plastic lens IMO.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Installed on my car.

They're not perfect (quality wise) but to an untrained eye they're indistinguishable. Proportionally they're identical to the original lenses...there are minor imperfections upon close inspection but nothing you can really notice unless you're putting your face up close to the lens.

100x better than plastic. And 1/10th the cost of a new headlight. I am satisfied.

Registered
Going to see if we can further improve quality before we sell any...but if someone is in urgent need, I would be willing to sell some prototype lenses for half price. Still better than plastic...
Considering how the majority of owners are driving around with hazed headlights, they should be happy with the level of quality you have already achieved 馃ぃ

Registered
How many proto type sets do you have?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
How many proto type sets do you have?
4 or 5 sets of them I think. Proportionally they are identical...some have tiny bubbles in the glass, some need to be polished. They're still better than the plastic lenses though.

Kind of fell off this project last little while. Will update you all soon once we do another few sets to see if we can improve quality some more.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Curious...what is happening to your guys tail light lenses that would require a replacement?

I could make them I'm sure...just don't see the demand being there to justify it.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts